Thread: Damaged Disc Repair Ideas

Bug:Intersptial-flip

Lombaxes of the net!
I need your help!emoji
My game R&C 2 for ps2 is broken!emoji
I was playing, at the desert to repair the ship and when i repaired it, going to Boddo

User image

And the game started to repeat, and repeat, and repeat, the short clip of interspatial travel.
emoji Please help me, how i can continue the game?
Ps: Others games work out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&feature=related&hl=en-GB&v=KELouTjj34E

There is little you can do with a broken disk. It might work if you open and swiftly close the tray (or cover in slim PS2s) and hope it manages to load that bit, repeat if it doesn't work. It sometimes works for me. You could also let it wait for some 30 minutes in the loading screen and then come back to see it has loaded - this worked with my friend's R&C2:GC years ago.

You could also try the fixing kits available in stores. They work if the scratches aren't really deep.

Last choice is to buy a new or used copy. At least I've seen still some platinum release games in wraps in the stores (in Finland).

Probably the cheaper route instead of getting any repair kits would be to get some turtle wax and a soft rag and buff out the scratches on the disc.

Only 3 things
  • Damn.emoji
  • Thanks.emoji
  • Bye.:bye:

Another thing you can do is take the game out of the ps2 blow on it and thenm try again! like Cronk and Zephyr in their old days(spoiler from Credits in RaC Acit) emojiemoji

There is little you can do with a broken disk. It might work if you open and swiftly close the tray (or cover in slim PS2s) and hope it manages to load that bit, repeat if it doesn't work. It sometimes works for me. You could also let it wait for some 30 minutes in the loading screen and then come back to see it has loaded - this worked with my friend's R&C2:GC years ago.

You could also try the fixing kits available in stores. They work if the scratches aren't really deep.

Last choice is to buy a new or used copy. At least I've seen still some platinum release games in wraps in the stores (in Finland).
Probably the cheaper route instead of getting any repair kits would be to get some turtle wax and a soft rag and buff out the scratches on the disc.

I tried with the toothpaste taken from a strange idea of a strange forum…
And…
FAIL

I'll try waiting for 30 min as said XoravaX I don't want pay for a stupid kit that probably doesn't works

Another thing you can do is take the game out of the ps2 blow on it and thenm try again! like Cronk and Zephyr in their old days(spoiler from Credits in RaC Acit

Why are you always write things out of the thread? Are you?

I recommend getting spectacle wipes.I have had this in many cases,like when Ratchet: Deadlocked kept loading a level (with the ship flying…it got SO annoying),i used spectacle wipes and it was gone,it worked perfectly!

It may be hard to find in stores,but they should be in a vision store or whatever you call those emoji.
You could use Windex or Awesome!,but I recommend Spectacle Wipes only because the actual WIPES are unique and soft so they don't make any streaks (like regular paper towels)

and if this doesn't work,try cleaning the disk tray on the PS2 (fat) and wipe off the dust emoji

and if it still doesn't work,your best hope is to buy a new one emoji

and if it still doesn't work,your best hope is to buy a new one emoji

Thanks ._.
Lolemoji
No, really Thank you for the hints.

No way!emoji
I deletd with an homemade repair kit the Cd but keep failing! Damned Slim!

I like the fat PS2 because:
1.the CPU in it is better so the quality and the loading response (like your problem) is faster
2.It's used the most for hacking (online too,like badger41badger41 on YouTube) and (needed) for exploits,even though you probably don't want to do that.

I have had this problem in Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal. Taking the Dropship to Kavu Island on Tyhrranosis, the first time I took the disc out and wiped it, then put it back in, the problem was not fixed so I started a new game, however when I got to the dropship and selected the first mission on Kavu, the problem was back. So I just walked away and watched TV for about an hour, came back, and there was Ratchet standing on Kavu after the sky diving!

This problem never came back in challenge mode, and when I started a new game from the very start it never returned, so I assumed it was gone forever, and to this very day I have never had this problem again.

maybe because the PS2 had to read /load information from the disk that it has forgotten like graphics,scenery,actions,etc.
or,it could have been corrupted data (eg: like on the memory,the big blue cube) which usually resolves on it's own.

I've had similar problems with DVDs and the like. The only original suggestion I can give is to buy a new copy of R&C2.

The name for this Thread was not a good one, please refrain from starting threads with name such as "Help!"

Instead of deleting this thread I have changed the name to "Damaged Disk Repair Ideas" so ideas can still be given on the topic