Thread: Official R&C HD Trilogy Thread

OMFG Insomniac are sick idiots! emoji emoji

The release date for the North American version has been announced along with the special surprise.
It's the 28th of August, and the surprise is the new Sly game's, Thieves in Time's demo. Box art will be announced later.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/16/ratchet-clank-collection-hits-august-28th-with-sly-cooper-demo/

…and the surprise is the new Sly game's, Thieves in Time's demo.

Well, okay. That I can miss :P
I wanted to get the full game on the release anyway ^^

The release date for the North American version has been announced along with the special surprise.
It's the 28th of August, and the surprise is the new Sly game's, Thieves in Time's demo. Box art will be announced later.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/16/ratchet-clank-collection-hits-august-28th-with-sly-cooper-demo/

Well that explains the late release in America, although can't say I'm that bothered about missing out on the surprise. So are you getting different trilogy box art, with something about Sly on it? Cos the trilogy has already got box art, been known about for a while.

Deleted user

I would ratter have DLC for RC3 MultiPlayer or extra skins or something that has to do with the RC IP, anything is better than that demo,

I actually did hear about the new Sly game: Thieves in Time last year! Perhaps there will be a beta key for it in FFA!

No, look:

User image

The PAL version is called Trilogy, NTSC version is Collection. So, they're just making a different R&C boxart. Hope the NTSC version WILL have PS2 renders instead of PS3.

I think they'll do proper box art for the NA release. That's the only thing which has kept me from buying the EU version, if the other version has better box art I might import it, it is also cheaper in the US than here.

Well.. I got it for €25,-. Thats like 17 pounds.
I had a 50% discount so that's not what I think is unfair. Actually I wanna buy the NTSC version, just for the Thieves in Time demo xP

Well.. I got it for €25,-. Thats like 17 pounds.
I had a 50% discount so that's not what I think is unfair. Actually I wanna buy the NTSC version, just for the Thieves in Time demo xP

They've got it at around $29 (€23.7 / £18.6 at current exchange rates).
I could buy it at €32 (from a region of our country that's outside the EU VAT area) or then €38 here ($39.1 / $46.5 or £25 / £29.8 respectively). Now that added to the seven-and-half dollar postage it's still under the VAT-free price.

Well that Sly Demo as an extra is quite disappointing..

But i guess that is good for me, cause i have the European version emoji

And did anyone find patched glitches in the HD collection?

I, a player who searched for glitches daily in the PS2 games (I can guarantee you ive got at least 2 big Glitches on every planet in RaC3), could still do alot of glitches, like the wrench climbing or others..

The only one i found that was patched is the Walk-through-walls glitch in the multiplayer mode.
But this is also important, imagine if someone would constantly shoot you through a wall, and you just cant see him.. that would be annoying.

Deleted user

Ok now I've spotted another glitch in UYA, when you're travelling to another planet you'll have three loading screens instead of two, this causes the "getting to a planet" sound effect happen in the third screen instead of the actually arrive at the planet. Nothing special but still.

I finally bought the HD trilogy!
I've only played a little bit of the first one so far. I'm a little disappointed at how the FMV cutscenes are still in 4:3, and I'm surprised that some of the sound effects are a higher tone than the original (though I'm kinda picking nits here). The in-game graphics are quite smooth though.

Ok now I've spotted another glitch in UYA, when you're travelling to another planet you'll have three loading screens instead of two, this causes the "getting to a planet" sound effect happen in the third screen instead of the actually arrive at the planet. Nothing special but still.

I'd noticed that one too. There's enough different sound effects for each of the loading screens, but it's one step out of sync i.e you get load screen 2 sound effect with load screen 1.

Is it just me or is the plasma coil overpowered? You can knock most enemies out with one or two shots. It even strips Nefarious of health pretty quickly….