Thread: A4O Worst Ratchet and Clank game yet?

Deleted user

Yeah im a platnium trophy collector i just love getting them,but im 60% done in A40 and i dont feel like getting the platnuim emoji

I think A4O was ok, I like playing online the best. emoji I have to say SAC and SM annoyed me trying to get past the giant clank levels. emoji

Haven't played thru A4O and I'm pretty sure I never will. :/ But I have watched some stuff related to it and I could already say for 95% sure it would be the worst in my opinion (not counting the PSP ones, no idea what they are like) , probably fun too, but not worth ~20€. Going to play the demo when I get QfB and ACiT done first (next weekend) and see if it can convince me to buy it.

FFA being a more traditional game, even tho it has that A4O like visual style (which I don't fan that much), I think it could be a really fun game because of the multiplayer. Atleast I remember when we used to play RC3 multiplayer with couple friends yeeeeaaars back, it was quite fun. emoji

No, A4O wasn't the worst game. the worst ones were the PS2 version of Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank.
Size Matters: seriously? 8 planets or so? from which one just contained an arena(metalis)
Also, I just didn't get the Ratchet and Clank feeling while playing Size Matters or Secret Agent Clank.

Of course, there were better ones than All 4 One, in my opinion GC and ToD were the best ones.

GC and ToD were the best ones.

The games I have played so far, I complitely agree with that. UYA had the most awesome characters, but that still can't get it to GC and ToD's level.

Yeah, but I think that gameplay is more important than a good story(that doesn't explain why I'm addicted to uncharted, but uncharted is just awesome in everything)

Deleted user

Yeah the ps2 imports were terrible but the psp versions were good,therefore A40 is still the worst Ratchet and Clank game

Size Matters on PS2 would be the worst idd.

But A4On looked great, but it didn't feel like a Ratchet game emoji

Deleted user

I dont blame insomniac games for making A4O,its good to explore but if they made another game like it,the fans wouldnt be happy at all emoji

I dont blame insomniac games for making A4O,its good to explore but if they made another game like it,the fans wouldnt be happy at all emoji

I just don't like the overview/birdperspective kinda thing. If it was like the regular 3rd person view for single player, it think it would have been a great game emoji

Well i think it is a great game in the series… and Going Mobile is probably the worst. and then SM and SAC! All 4 one is not the worst.
And the reason things is different in it, it's because insomniac made a new studio and if you think about it: After making so many RandC games don't you think the original studio needed a break to make other games? And because of that they decided to let the new studio make it, And they wanted to try something different, and they wanted BETTER graphics and created new models for the game!

Well i think it is a great game in the series… and Going Mobile is probably the worst. and then SM and SAC! All 4 one is not the worst.
And the reason things is different in it, it's because insomniac made a new studio and if you think about it: After making so many RandC games don't you think the original studio needed a break to make other games? And because of that they decided to let the new studio make it, And they wanted to try something different, and they wanted BETTER graphics and created new models for the game!

Yeah, I don't like that all "hating" A4O, it was great game. I'm starting to think, that people hate it because it was DIFFERENT, wich made it worse for them. And indeed it was better than SAC.

A4O was fun, but thats about it. Unlike the other games I never picked it up again after finishing it.
I don't have anyone to play Co-op with either so that probably plays a role too.

Deleted user

Agreed :oui:

I think it's because they changed so much in one go.
We got a fixed camera, a multiplayer campaign, different art style, different weapon levelling, different health and totally linear levels, all after ACiT. But the big bug I have with it is the fixed camera. I'd go to change the view and switch weapons instead emoji
If you look at it as a stand alone game then it's a nice game, but as a follow up for the future series I think it falls a bit flat.