Thread: A4O Worst Ratchet and Clank game yet?

Deleted user

Yeah the camera was terrible and I wasnt too fond of the graphics

I think that they should have add the original camera angle for solo-play, at least as an option.

I think it's because they changed so much in one go.
We got a fixed camera, a multiplayer campaign, different art style, different weapon levelling, different health and totally linear levels, all after ACiT. But the big bug I have with it is the fixed camera. I'd go to change the view and switch weapons instead emoji
If you look at it as a stand alone game then it's a nice game, but as a follow up for the future series I think it falls a bit flat.

I liked A4O for what it was. I didn't expect it to play like a traditional R&C game, and it was a fun coop game me and my friends could play through. I enjoyed the visuals and story (that's two things SM and SAC didn't do well for me) but the gameplay got a bit repetitive, but on the other hand it was fun (unlike SM and SAC)

Insomniac are proud of the work they do in the environments, and what they wanted to do was make a coop game that wouldn't ruin it by splitting the screen in two or four and reduce the quality of the levels in doing so. So they thought they could get everyone in one view and that way you could still see the spectacular views. The camera was always positioned in a way that made me impressed. Of course this means all the levels were going to be a bit more linear.

A4O happened and Insomniac made it clear it was going to be a one off. They weren't going to do the A4O camera or anything again. I think it's safe to say that A4O was like deadlocked, they did it, it's done and now they can move on and build more R&C games that aren't A4O.

FFA makes the future look much brighter for the series, and if they continue at this rate R&C should get back on track in no time.

I think it's because they changed so much in one go.
We got a fixed camera, a multiplayer campaign, different art style, different weapon levelling, different health and totally linear levels, all after ACiT. But the big bug I have with it is the fixed camera. I'd go to change the view and switch weapons instead emoji
If you look at it as a stand alone game then it's a nice game, but as a follow up for the future series I think it falls a bit flat.

I liked A4O for what it was. I didn't expect it to play like a traditional R&C game, and it was a fun coop game me and my friends could play through. I enjoyed the visuals and story (that's two things SM and SAC didn't do well for me) but the gameplay got a bit repetitive, but on the other hand it was fun (unlike SM and SAC)

Insomniac are proud of the work they do in the environments, and what they wanted to do was make a coop game that wouldn't ruin it by splitting the screen in two or four and reduce the quality of the levels in doing so. So they thought they could get everyone in one view and that way you could still see the spectacular views. The camera was always positioned in a way that made me impressed. Of course this means all the levels were going to be a bit more linear.

A4O happened and Insomniac made it clear it was going to be a one off. They weren't going to do the A4O camera or anything again. I think it's safe to say that A4O was like deadlocked, they did it, it's done and now they can move on and build more R&C games that aren't A4O.

FFA makes the future look much brighter for the series, and if they continue at this rate R&C should get back on track in no time.

Totally agree with you. I had a lot of fun playing it. In my opinion, It's good for the series when from time to time there is a game that tries to be different, but overall, Ratchet & Clank are still the same.

Mostly I love the spin-offs. Actually I always have loved the spi-offs better. StarFox Adventures, Metroid Other M, Super Mario Sunshine, etc. But A4O is a huge exception. I'm gonna stick with what I said earlier. A fun game for only one run, Ratchet ears are way too big and the camera should have had the original angle.

I also like spin-offs, but there shouldn't be to many, A4O and FFA are both spin-offs, I think they should make some 'real' games, before making a spin-off again

I also like spin-offs, but there shouldn't be to many, A4O and FFA are both spin-offs, I think they should make some 'real' games, before making a spin-off again

You're right. If next R&C is going to be another "fun-sized adventure", I'll probably want series to have a break till PS4, or move it to another developer than Insomniac. And when the big game comes out, they MUST change character desings (in spin-off's they actually work well).

You're right. If next R&C is going to be another "fun-sized adventure", I'll probably want series to have a break till PS4, or move it to another developer than Insomniac. And when the big game comes out, they MUST change character desings (in spin-off's they actually work well).

Changing from insomniac games… do you remember high impact games? They didn't exactly make the best RanC game… if you think trough it insomniac is the only ones that are able to make this, ok they got a new team making… it's still the same.. but i agree there has been enough spin-offs…
But im sure they do it… i feel FFA just was made so you hade some "Ratchet and clank" while waiting for a new (hopefully future game) game…

Changing from insomniac games… do you remember high impact games? They didn't exactly make the best RanC game… if you think trough it insomniac is the only ones that are able to make this, ok they got a new team making… it's still the same.. but i agree there has been enough spin-offs…
But im sure they do it… i feel FFA just was made so you hade some "Ratchet and clank" while waiting for a new (hopefully future game) game…

Like QFB before ACiT emoji But actually, I don't expect new big game in this generation - three titles is usually the limit. But I'd love to see Ratchet on PS4. And yeah, when I think about Secret Agent Qwark (oh, that was Clank's game?)… It was a great experience, until I got Sly Collection.

I'd love to nót see the PS4 and have the PS3 for a couple more years.

I'd love to nót see the PS4 and have the PS3 for a couple more years.

Well rumours I've seen have put PS4 at 2014 as the earliest release date. Even then I think I'd leave it a few months before I got one, let them iron all the problems out emoji

Moving to a new console isn't to easy… IG waited two or at least one year for the ps3. and i am sure that Sony is making a new scripting system and a lot will be changed, which will change IG's standards for making games, so i think they will stick to the ps3 and vita for a while… BTW, why don't they make a small psvita game… (they made FFA on psvita… why not an exclusive to get more people get it…emoji i have a psvita anyways though. emoji

Moving to a new console isn't to easy… IG waited two or at least one year for the ps3. and i am sure that Sony is making a new scripting system and a lot will be changed, which will change IG's standards for making games, so i think they will stick to the ps3 and vita for a while… BTW, why don't they make a small psvita game… (they made FFA on psvita… why not an exclusive to get more people get it…emoji i have a psvita anyways though. emoji

Insomniac Games is NOT making PSVita port. It's TinyGIGANT's (I think that is how studio was called) work. But still a good idea emoji

Insomniac Games is NOT making PSVita port. It's TinyGIGANT's (I think that is how studio was called) work. But still a good idea emoji

Yeah i heard that, but IG is making it with them too. like:
Button assignments, touch assignements, help messages, sounds, image files etc…

Yeah but IG have a history of staying on the main consoles. They didn't produce the PSP R&C games or the PSP/Vita Resistance games. I don't think they've ever produced a game for a handheld console