Thread: RC "veteran" asks, Should I buy this game?

hmmm…I've been into video games ever since the very first Nintendo Entertainment System came out in the late 80's/early 90's and even started playing on an old Atari. So, I guess I've gone through the entire evolution of video gaming. Heck the first video game I played was when I was 4.

I've only been into games for about 4 or 5 years, and before then I had a strong amount of HATE for games. I use to say they distracted me from 'real' things, and all looked dumb (I was about 11 years old) though I got into Rayman 3 and Pac-man Rally somehow (by 'got into', I mean played about 10 or 20 races and NEARLY finished the Fairy Glade.) At that point my brother and sister were playing the heck out of Ratchet & Clank 3, while I would sit there demanding the TV be turned over to Rayman, as Ratchet & Clank was a stupid game… what a funny little person I once was emoji

Yeah. I remember, when I got some stupid kids game included with my PS3. It had some stupid furry alien and tons of skull headed creatures (pirates?)… oh, and some girl. I think her name was Ratchet… Anyway, I wanted to sell this game in good price, but one day I was REALLY bored. So much, that I put that crap in PS3 and… Well, consequences of this decision were BIG emoji

I started with the first Nintendo GameBoy when I was 3 years old. Now I went as far back as a Blackpoint Pong Console, I started collecting anything game related.

But I used to hate PlayStation because it wasn't Nintendo. I always thought that Ratchet should come to Nintendo. ''what a funny little person I once was''

Deleted user

I never tought a simple statement would get soooo off-topic.

True, but I think we managed to answer the question emoji

I've been gaming for a long time, almost the last 20yrs. Started out with lemmings, settlers 2 and frogger. But was into PC gaming for a long time before getting into consoles. And then I have only had a PS2 and PS3.

Did go through a phase with the PS2 where I thought PC gaming was waaaay better cos the games and graphics were better. Still sorta hold to that, but the PS3 is better than my PC at least.

Yeah this got a bit off topic but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. It's cool reading other peoples stories about how the got into this franchise, heh.

Anyways I got ToD and ACiT yesterday, but I have been a bit busy now so I decided to wait till weekend then I should have more time to play and enjoy ToD emoji. Not going to touch ACiT until I get QfB tho.

The games I got are the nordic versions and their cases or manuals don't contain any english. However I tried switching my console language to english and quickly checked if I can play the games english and it's all good, selects are english, characters speak english and I can get english subtitles too! emoji So everything went as well as expected. I also found some admin on the official IG forums saying that all the game versions contain english so if someone is worrying about that like I was I can confirm you can safely buy any version and play it on english as long as you switch the system language.

About the QfB I haven't done anything with that. :/ I have just pretty much been hoping they would add it to PSN soon but it really looks like I have to separately order that too now… But if they're not going to add the QfB to psn store atleast they should remove that "Available from Playstation Store" tag here: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/games/detail/item110679/Ratchet-Clank So it's not there just raising false hopes.

Yeah this got a bit off topic but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. It's cool reading other peoples stories about how the got into this franchise, heh.

Anyways I got ToD and ACiT yesterday, but I have been a bit busy now so I decided to wait till weekend then I should have more time to play and enjoy ToD emoji. Not going to touch ACiT until I get QfB tho.

The games I got are the nordic versions and their cases or manuals don't contain any english. However I tried switching my console language to english and quickly checked if I can play the games english and it's all good, selects are english, characters speak english and I can get english subtitles too! emoji So everything went as well as expected. I also found some admin on the official IG forums saying that all the game versions contain english so if someone is worrying about that like I was I can confirm you can safely buy any version and play it on english as long as you switch the system language.

About the QfB I haven't done anything with that. :/ I have just pretty much been hoping they would add it to PSN soon but it really looks like I have to separately order that too now… But if they're not going to add the QfB to psn store atleast they should remove that "Available from Playstation Store" tag here: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/games/detail/item110679/Ratchet-Clank So it's not there just raising false hopes.

Have a Qwarktastic fun emoji

Have a Qwarktastic fun emoji

Haha, thanks! I definetly will ;D.

I found out that they have been hiding stuff in weird places in the store. It's probably there, just really hard to find.

I found out that they have been hiding stuff in weird places in the store. It's probably there, just really hard to find.

I had a quick look and found QfB under All PS3 Games -> Platformers, so it is there in the UK store at least. Also, I don't know how they're ordering the lists but it's not by title.

I had a quick look and found QfB under All PS3 Games -> Platformers, so it is there in the UK store at least. Also, I don't know how they're ordering the lists but it's not by title.

Checked your route too, trilogy and first three games also separately and A4O are there, but no QfB. I have also checked about every corner of store twice and I could say 100% sure it's not on my ps store unless it is named something very different than it should be and is on some really random category. The search function finds everything from LBP RC addon to playstation heroes there, but no QfB either.

Anyways just completed ToD, and it really fulfilled my expectations emoji! Controls felt a bit clunky at beginning because there were some changes from PS2 mechanics. Got used to them quite fast tho and after that it was really fun to play just like previous games. And gotta raise my hat for the visual look of the game, it was just stunning. And definetly one of the best looking games I have ever played alongside God of War 3.

Like HeatherGrace said on her comment about the humour, it couldn't beat UYA but it was still quite hilarious at times. And for what ToD lacked on humour compared to UYA, it won clearly on the plot. When you think about it UYA didn't really have that unique plot, but the amazing characters and feel made up for it. I could say the same about ToD except the plot were actually quite interesting and emotional this time. And I just can't wait to see how it ends in ACiT! emoji

The game lenght was surprisingly long, which is positive of course. A shame the save game select didn't have that timer showing your play time, but I would guess it was something like 15 hours. Could have completed a lot faster of course but I took my time and explored every corner I could and did all the arena challenges, and gathered the ryno blueprint pieces. And like previous games the replay value seems to be big on this one too.

Couldn't be more happy about my decision to buy this. Left really good taste to my mouth. Can't wait for more.

Wow, you did it fast.

If you plan on doing a few playthroughs and want to keep track of how many you've done you can count the number of Treasure Mappers you have in your inventory.

Quest for Booty is pretty much just like Tools of Destruction in terms of the way gameplay works (well they did add one cool new thing) and the weapons are all the same, but it's a cool little in between game (doesn't have much replay value though)

What other PS3 games do you have, or plan to get?

Yeah, I'm planning to start playing the challenge mode tomorrow. Probably at bit slower pace this time. I mean less hours per day playing it. I started playing this yesterday and pretty much reserved this day for playing so that's why I already have it completed.

QfB I would guess is going to be a bit different experience mechanic wise, because Clank got captured, and thus have to play without him. emoji But I think it's going to be cool anyways, it was a bit weird on Gladiator too but I got used to it pretty fast.

At the moment I'm just planning to get QfB and GTA V when it comes someday. PS3 games I have now are, ToD, ACiT, Far Cry 2, Shift 2, GH 3, Soulcalibur IV, Skate 3, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Darksiders, God of War 3, GranTurismo 5, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age Origins and Wolfenstein.

QfB I would guess is going to be a bit different experience mechanic wise, because Clank got captured, and thus have to play without him. emoji But I think it's going to be cool anyways, it was a bit weird on Gladiator too but I got used to it pretty fast.

Don't worry about QFB. Missing Clank will be rewarded with a small but awesome

upgrade to Ratchet's wrench

Also, there will be a lot of great platforming, an one of the best (if not the best one) level in the series. Of course, I mean

Hoolefar Island.

Oh, and one more awesome feature. In one place in the game, you can change plot a bit, but to make it more payfull to you later, you must be cautious an remember about something, what happened before. Can't tell more about that, even spoilered emoji Plot in QFB will also be pretty interesting, but humour will still not reach UYA. It will in ACiT. Beleive me, after watching QFB ending, you'll know why emoji

Deleted user

Yeah