Thread: Strange icon?

Dear people,

Yesterday Ratchet & Clank: Qforce bought a really cool game! Only I usually get everything 100% per level, but understand not one icon, but I have a couple of done, but no idea what.

Can anyone tell me what this means? (red circles).

User image

Thank you!

They are level specific skill points. I THINK you can check them in the skill points screen.

I don't have the game and I knew that, lol… but it's not your fault, it confuses a lot of people. And I'm like uber into this game, without actually having it! (fun fact, I have the game, but have nothing to play it on)

Okay thanks for your quick response.

But what do you mean with skill points? Is there anywhere an explanation of this icon? I've already sent a mail Insomniac, but until now they have not responded.

In every Ratchet & Clank game there are things called Skill Points, to get these Skill Points you must perform specific tasks, they are often quite hard. There are heaps of them, but the ones you are seeing are special level specific ones. I'm not 100% sure how to find them as I haven't had the chance to play the game, but in the past they are viewable by pausing the game and selection an option that could say 'special' or 'extras' in there there would probably be 'skill 'points' and in there you will probably face an enormous list of tasks to preform.

Why do you need the skill point, you might ask? Well there are rewards for your effort, and that can be found under 'cheats'.

Please remember that I have not played the game, and am going off what the other games are like.

If you pause the game and go to profile and under profile go to skill points and it will give you a list of these tasks, kind of like what Ratchetruler said, and as for the cheats, they will be listed under unlockables also under the profile menu. The unlockables will tell you how many skill points you need to unlock each bonus item and you can also view the skins that you have unlocked for multiplayer by viewing how many gold bolts you have collected on a separate page within the unlockables. The cheat codes can be activated in the character selection screen just before you start the game after unlocking them, but are only available in Campaign mode, but there are unlockable game options that you can select in the online multiplayer matches such as deciding which weapons can and cannot be used, etc. The one cheat code that I'm working on unlocking which requires 105 skill points is unlimited ammo, and I think I only need 6 more skill points. And just so everyone is aware, if you look in the skill points menu and notice some of them are labeled with question marks, those are earned for beating at least one of the developers times on each level. In my opinion, those are the hardest skill points to earn.

Can you go for a dev time with cheats active? and is it the dev time? can you just get one of the other two (also hard) times?

seems to me difficult though you are in a level still 4/7 have standing example, what skills you need to do to 7/7 to get.

Ratchetruler, from what I found, there are 3 different times, one of theme being the developer time, I can't remember what they call the other 2, all I remember is that they are creators of the game, but you beat 1 of those 3 times, can be any one of them, and you will get that skill point. The first level, the easiest of the 3 to beat is like 7 minutes and some odd seconds, and after getting all of the upgrades, I beat it with ease, but as for beating it with cheats activated, I guess it depends on the cheat that's activated. If you activate weapon size, head size, or screen effects, then more than likely it will still work, but I don't know about the unlimited ammo cheat, as I have yet to unlock it.

Yea, I played the trial, I saw the times, I beat them all with my trusty v5 combuster (the weapons are limited in the trial)

If you can beat any one of the three, them the skill points should be relatively easy for someone like me, if there is one game I'm good at it would be Ratchet & Clank… then if there was a second game it would be Rayman, because I'm the only one at my school that can beat each game in a day emoji

I've got all the skill points in all the other Ratchet & Clank games (except two skill points in A40) I'm not going to let this game get away with it!