Thread: Side-characters own game?

We've probably all played Secret Agent Clank. The character we've got to control a few times before, but never much more than that. But then he got his own game and the roles were reversed.

What side-characters do you think should have their own game?

Elena Fisher - Uncharted
The single game where the main character is not my favorite. I would love a game where you don't play as Nathan Drake, but as Elena Fisher. You never get to play as her, which I thought was a shame. (except online matches). Daxter got his own second person version of JakII, why not Elena?

Krystal - StarFox
In StarFox Adventures her history is displayed in some text. In short, she was looking for info about her home planet and parents. Only this adventure is cut short. I much prefer Nintendo go ahead and give the greenlight for a final sequel. But this might be a fun short prequel to close the rest of the 5 billion plotholes.

Talwyn Apogee - Ratchet & Clank
Don't complain, I like her! Besides, our dear Talwyn has enough value for a game. Call it: ''Talwyn & Angela''.

Tiger guard - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
I'm pretty sure El Jefe is based after one of the tiger guards from China in Sly 3. But he still isn't wearing that cool green samurai armor. For some reason I like that character.

There is a hack/fan game of Sonic 1 that gives you control of Dr. Robotnik (Eggman) equipped with a net to capture little animals and close them in a very known capsule - you just need to do it before Sonic finish the level and traditionally destroy it emoji Other than that, Insomniacs can think of some game about Nefarious' Troopers and Dan Johnson - I think he can be considered a canonical character of Ratchet & Clank universe.

Qwark should have his own videogame! But that's never gonna happen cause he is a terrible 'President' emoji Insomniac Games should bring the Qwark vid-comics back! I loved them!

Qwark should have his own videogame!

I thought he had one already? emoji
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Qwark should have his own videogame!

I thought he had one already? emoji
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Haha yes emoji But seriously, i love the Qwark vid-comics from R&C3 (Up Your Arsenal)!

When Zurgo showed the "key to the moron's Galactic Weather Grid" I thought it's the Qwark Vid-Comic emoji

Deleted user

Funny thing about Krystal: she was originally supposed to get her own game on the N64 before time constraints and what not led her to become an important side-character in Star Fox Adventures. And from what I've seen of it, her's would have been a really great game for the time, so I vote Krystal.

Funny thing about Krystal: she was originally supposed to get her own game on the N64 before time constraints and what not led her to become an important side-character in Star Fox Adventures. And from what I've seen of it, her's would have been a really great game for the time, so I vote Krystal.

Correct. They changed Dinosaur Planet into SFAd when Miyamoto thought that the main character looked a lot a like Fox. I love Adventures, its actually my favorite in the series.

Krystal had her story in Dinosaur Planet, but they pretty much wrapped the intro up in 100 words and never revered to again. Damn you Microsoft, because they took Rareware over they never got the change to finish the game 100%. Though I'm already glad it released and didn't suffer the same fate as many other upcoming Rareware titels back then.

These sidekicks should shine:

Otacon - Metal Gear Solid
Otacon is a nerdy computer-guy who can fly helicopters and design epic robots of wickedness! Although he keeps getting used and crying a lot, I recon that he could probably learn a thing or two from Snake and bust out the good old fashioned Stealth Camo for some Secret Agent Otacon!

Globox - Rayman
Sure you can change your character to be Globox in the new Rayman games, but I recon a game like Rayman 2 or 3 with Globox the star would be interesting.

That's all I can think of right now.

Maybe Zeke from inFamous could get some powers and go on a rampage, I don't know?

These sidekicks should shine:

Otacon - Metal Gear Solid
Otacon is a nerdy computer-guy who can fly helicopters and design epic robots of wickedness! Although he keeps getting used and crying a lot, I recon that he could probably learn a thing or two from Snake and bust out the good old fashioned Stealth Camo for some Secret Agent Otacon!

Globox - Rayman
Sure you can change your character to be Globox in the new Rayman games, but I recon a game like Rayman 2 or 3 with Globox the star would be interesting.

That's all I can think of right now.

Maybe Zeke from inFamous could get some powers and go on a rampage, I don't know?

That zeke thing is a good idea!

I always thought that Coco Bandicoot should have her own game, to make up for her absence in the first Crash Bandicoot game.

If it's R&C examples you're looking for, though, Cronk and Zephyr should definitely have their own game.

I want a game about the British narrator from LBP.

Stephen Fry? Yea he's pretty funny. Although I guess his spin-off would be somewhat like the Stanley Parable.

Stanley Parable LBP style! You heard it here first (I hope)