Thread: Sly Cooper - Official Thread

I'd find it really weird if they didn't ask K. Miller. I ought to admit he's not the best voice actor in the universe, but he is the voice of Sly. Nobody else can re-create that… except maybe Jennifer Hale. Cause you know. She disguises her voice like a pro. Not funny?

I'd find it really weird if they didn't ask K. Miller. I ought to admit he's not the best voice actor in the universe, but he is the voice of Sly.

But they want big names on the poster. Also, note that R&C's got bigger fanbase and a lot of people responsible for the games are working on the movie as well (wich made presence of the original cast much more likable). That can't be said about Sly and Sucker Punch's (lack of) involvement.

Angelina Jolie, Jack Black, Jim Carrey… those are names. I. Corlett isn't really a big name. And still nobody really knew Kristen Bell before Frozen and now look at her. A movie makes for succes, not a voice. Give or take the name 'Disney' above the title.

Still… they got lucky Anna Torv became famous after Heavenly Sword ánd was stilla able to voice Nariko in the movie.

Actually ItN barely outsold TiT and while it's smaller, Sly's fanbase is much louder and more dedicated than R&C's, although that could be because of the series' situation after 3.

Either way Jak is the most popular of the 3, which is why I'm puzzled a movie hasn't even been announced.

Angelina Jolie, Jack Black, Jim Carrey… those are names. I. Corlett isn't really a big name.

I wrote that already - he's temporary (they probably got him for the teaser so that people get used to the fact Kevin Miller won't be in the movie), the official cast for the film hasn't been announced yet.

EDIT

Either way Jak is the most popular of the 3, which is why I'm puzzled a movie hasn't even been announced.

It WAS the most popular, back when Jak and Daxter games were actually being made…

Yet Jak HD sold 0.75 million while Ratchet and Sly sold barely above 0.50…

Maybe because fresh generation of PS3 gamers wanted to try out that famous franchise they never had a chance to play?

Maybe because fresh generation of PS3 gamers wanted to try out that famous franchise they never had a chance to play?

Which means Jak is the most popular. With the exception of UYA, Jak has always been the best selling game out of the "big three".

I kinda expected Ratchet to be the most popular. Yet Naughty Dog has always had knack for 'beinv the best'.

https://m.facebook.com/sanzaru?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsanzaru&_rdr

Bad news :

I wanted to respond to a lot of the questions regarding Sanzaru
Games and Sly Cooper. While we, like you, dearly love the
Cooper gang, we are not currently working with PlayStation on
a project and there are no plans to work on another Sly Cooper
title.
We are very proud of the work we have done on Shattered
Crystal and the initiative from Sega on the new Sonic Boom
series - download the demo and give it a try!

To be honest, that was to be expected - while I personally enjoyed TiT (except for you-know-which parrt of it), it wasn't that much of a hit unfortunately. Even for today's platformers standards.

I never got people who treated Sly Cooper as a platformer.
When you boil it down, the platforming in the games is just a big QTE in disguise.

Well, I was generalizing.

Well, I was generalizing.

TiT was awesome, especially as a revivall of the franchise.
Although I don't think another Sly game would really have the same impact.

I agree it was a great game, though it had it's flaws… And one bigger than the other ones… Then again, when I think of Sonic Boom… Maybe I should be more kind for TiT's story.