Thread: Really Random thread

My PC can only hold 136 icons, so I believe you are lying, sir.

But you can change the icon size and, by extension, the number of icons that can be visible. And I'm fairly sure that the resolution of the screen also contributes to the number of icons that can be displayed…

U-hu. That's true, but would you really want you desktop to look like a mess? I much prefer this emoji

User image

My PC can only hold 136 icons, so I believe you are lying, sir.

But you can change the icon size and, by extension, the number of icons that can be visible. And I'm fairly sure that the resolution of the screen also contributes to the number of icons that can be displayed…

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I should probably play a bit with my computer's settings sometime.

Finally, it's official… PSP spin-offs are not canon emoji

We have always treated them as non-canon while making our games. However, he have done joke nods to them.

But I think he wanted to write "we have done joke nods".

Ah, alright. I didn't think any different from SaC, but I expected SM to be a part of the timeline.

I don't see how SM could fit at all. Mainly because Ratchet goes through an extreme personality change halfway through the game and the fact that while it's implied the game takes place in Solana, the ending is in Bogon for no particular reason.

Fair enough. But for some reason I always think it's a shame when games are/become non-canon.

Fair enough. But for some reason I always think it's a shame when games are/become non-canon.

I wouldn't mind TiT being non-canon emoji

You're a bit too harsh on TiT, what makes it any worse than Sly 3?

You're a bit too harsh on TiT, what makes it any worse than Sly 3?

I'm not harsh on it's gameplay (not that innovative, but still solid, good level design), it's graphics (pretty poor for the PS3, but kudos for the artstyle), it's soundtrack (love it), it's voice acting and so on. But I hate it's writing and plot and for the sake of story I wish it wasn't canon.

Non-canon until the sequel continues the cliffhanger I'd say.

And I lied earlier. I'm glad Tomb Raider 1 - Angel of Darkness are non-canon.

The writing isn't that bad. Take out all the food jokes and you've still got a pretty good ammount of actually funny jokes.
Hell, the worst case of these food jokes is in one of the games's funniest moments, Bob's training montage.

And the story, again, what makes it any worse than Sly 3's?

And I lied earlier. I'm glad Tomb Raider 1 - Angel of Darkness are non-canon.

What?! Why?
I understand that you might prefer Crystal's games, but the classic games are still great, they're just a bit archaic.

A female protagonist may have been unique. You're far from there with a sex appeal attractive woman carrying 2 pistols.(oh, and huge boobs) Nah, Crystal made Lara into a respectable, believeable, humain actual female character. Plus, they gave her an amazing new background story which suited her, and her parents, much better. I think it's great they rebooted the series with Legend emoji

And Sly 3 is pretty amazing imo. And TiT did have a neat idea for the story, but like I said earlier; it could have been executed in a more serious plot that included more of the evnts from the trilogy. And… maybe the cliffhanger wasn't the best idea ever. Unless they already have the green light for Sly 5.

But there's still the Black Knight "twist" (if you can call something as predictable as this that way)… Wait, you praise TiT's humour, but put all the outside-spaceradio humour of ACiT in a trashcan? Isn't that another ACiT discussion? Only this time we took each other's side?

There's more to Core's games than… Lara's detail.
I like the sense of mystery and adventure, which was something I felt Crystal's games lacked somewhat. Tombs are no longer much of a challenge or even that mysterious.
I've heard someone say this before and I think it applies here. The puzzles in Crystal's games are designed to make you feel smart, not necessairly be smart.