Thread: Really Random thread

But there's still the Black Knight "twist" (if you can call something as predictable as this that way)… Wait, you praise TiT's humour, but put all the outside-spaceradio humour of ACiT in a trashcan? Isn't that another ACiT discussion? Only this time we took each other's side?

Yes.
ACiT doesn't have a training montage, Bob, lame puns, sarcastic remarks and half animal half robots having everyday discussions.

Yes.
ACiT doesn't have a training montage, Bob, lame puns, sarcastic remarks and half animal half robots having everyday discussions.

Okay, TiT had some a bit funny moments - but there's too much of bad ones for me to stand. I think back of Sly 2 - it didn't have many jokes, but when it wanted to make me laugh, I laughed a lot. I didn't laugh a single time while playing TiT.

Really? I only laughed once in Sly 2, and that was the "Poodle" and "Little friends" moment. In my opinion, Sly 2 had a very boring story and I preferred 3 and TiT's if I'm going to be honest.
All those moments in TiT made me at least chuckle, not to mention "Last time I was in these sewers I was just a teenager".

Okay, you can like it, but I won't. My unbelivable hate is probably caused by the Black Knight plot twist…

Was Penelope really that good of a character?

All of the members of the new Cooper Gang had a unique ability.
Panda King had rockets, Dimitri could swim and the Guru could posess enemies and turn into objects.
What did Penolope do? Use RC vehicles, the same ones Bentley used in Sly 2… why? I'm pretty sure Bentley doesn't need legs to control his RC toys.
She's essentially a female Bentley from Sly 2, both in character and gameplay, so making her a villain at least makes her more interesting.

She's essentially a female Bentley from Sly 2, both in character and gameplay, so making her a villain at least makes her more interesting.

It's not because I love Penelope so much as a character, but because how poorly was that twist executed. Well, let's begin…

There was not a single evidence of Penelope being a bad guy in Sly 3, but whatever - Penelope decides to eliminate Sly from Bentley's history, so that he doesn't go the "honor for chump change" route and can develop weapons and make money with her. Well, okay, I guess the lack of TiT's time travel logic will allow her to do that and somehow avoid erasing their meeting from the history (they met because of Cooper Gang after all). She owns a time machine and can travel through time, great! She can kill young Sly right after the Klaww Gang attack (when nobody was watching over him). Or maybe something less cruel… Perhaps causing Bentley to be sent to another orphanage, or perhaps prevent the events that made him an orphan in the first place… Oh whatever, why don't she just team up with some random bad guy who will most likely backstab her and have truoble with six Coopers instead of dealing with a kid Sly, or even no Cooper at all! That's the plan! Oh wait, I know how it can get better, listen… How about she decides to get rid of Bentley at the end, making all her struggle EVEN MORE POINTLESS!

THIEVES IN TIME LOGIC! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I never said it was well executed, I'm just saying that Penelope is better off as a villain, which is why I'd like to see a Sly Cooper Thieves in Egypt.

I never said it was well executed, I'm just saying that Penelope is better off as a villain, which is why I'd like to see a Sly Cooper Thieves in Egypt.

And I never said she wouldn't make a good villain, just that I didn't like the plot twist. Speaking of wich, there's one more thing…

It was predictable! Seriously, for a lot of people Penelope-turned-bad twist was obvious since the first cutscene. But no, we couldn't figure it out and so we had to get some more clues…
1. In the England chapter's intro we hear about Penelope after three episodes of silence (except for that minor Bentley's line in the RC level in Japan). In the same cutscene we learn that Knights personality is unknown.
2. "Of Mice and Mechs"
3. Black Baron Knight.
4. And if it still isn't obvious, they keep reminding us about the Baron in the trivia section.
5. There's Penelope's icon on the Knight's armour.
6. When we see the Black Knight for the first time, "The Black Knight" text is pink.
I mean… I can already see that both Penelope and Gang are stupid, but… Do they think we are as well?

I'm sorry for these chaotic posts, I entered my "hating mode". How about we change the topic to something lighter. Full Frotnal Assault? Gah, I hate it! PS Move Heroes? Ah, so many memories of my first hating… Oh, I know! ACiT - because we all love that game and it shouldn't cause anyone to get pissed off emoji Right, Darkstar?

Oh, I know! ACiT - because we all love that game and it shouldn't cause anyone to get pissed off emoji

I never understood the changes they made to the art-style in that game, the characters all looked much better, but everything else didn't look as good (especially explosions/fires/smoke, which became 2D for some reason). I also felt a little let down by the space exploration because the trailers and interviews made it sound like it would be a full area to explore, and instead it's locked into small sectors, also, you're stuck on a flat plane, and it looked as though you'd be able to fly around in up-and-down dimensions like the space combat in R&C2, also, the RYNO wasn't as good and… erm…

Yes, I love ACiT. We all love that game and talking about it certainly won't "piss anyone off"…

Yes, I love ACiT. We all love that game and talking about it certainly won't "piss anyone off"…

Not a single person at all emoji Right Darkstar? You won't survive long, it's just a matter of time…

Nice weather today, huh?

Nice weather today, huh?

Yeah, but it can always start raining. Like on Quantos, or Vapedia…

Nice weather today, huh?

Or Oltanis, or Oozla…

Nice weather today, huh?

Or Oltanis, or Oozla…

Or Batalia…