Thread: Really Random thread

I'm not that sure, but I believe it's around 1.8 meters.

Ah, thanks. And about why do we have different measurements, it's complicated. I believe the founders of the measurements have different opinion on how to measure things.

It's really weird in Canada too… We measure pretty much everything in metric, but we do things like height and mass in imperial. Though, metric is far better. emoji

We have a big community meeting here in France at Paris Games Week, the last week-end of this month, and we certainly hope the game will be playable… Can't wait !

If it is, can you guys try to explore everything? Although I'm not sure there is much more than what I've found at gamestop…

Also, look Heather! http://instagram.com/p/8yXHWXJgtU/

Geez… And I haven't even found it at gamestop yet… emoji

I told her to get them as download only vouchers, as opposed to physical discs emoji

Why on Earth would you not want to have physical copies?? What benefit could having download-only possibly have??

There are a few reasons:

1. I have to get up to swap discs.
2. I am very indecisive about games, and swap often, so that means wherever I go with my PlayStation I must bring all the games discs.
3. I remote play the PS4 constantly, and if I decide I want to play a game that requires a disc, I have to actually go to the physical PS4 system to swap the discs out… and after my fibre upgrade, I am going to be able to remote play from more distant locations in the future.
4. Discs download completely onto the hard drive, and are instantly rendered useless to the system when you are done with them.
5. I probably won't be playing PS4 games anymore after the PSN is discontinued.

On the topic of game conventions: Wow, Heather, I am super jealous! Sounds like you had a really great time. Makes me kind of wish I wen't to game conventions. They hold (a probably relatively small) one in NZ once a year, but I could never go, and have never made much of an effort to go because… too many people.

On the topic of measurement: I believe the history behind it is that the Imperial system is quite old, and was the standard for Britten and all the countries they colonised until some guy invented the Metric system. The Metric system was probably deemed superior, but it took quite a bit to get other countries to catch on. The imperial system was just so convenient, with feet and inches being so easy to express without really thinking about. The Metric system may be more useful for scientists, but it's a bit difficult to visualise 520 millimetres. For this reason they probably had to create an equivalent to the incredibly convenient Inches, by making centimetres. You can tell because all units in the system increase by exactly 1,000 units, except centimetres, which is 10 millimetres.

It would seem that countries like the US are not keen to adopt the new system, because it is too difficult to get everyone to just swap over. Easier said than done.

I mean just look the temperatures. It's a less extreme example, because there isn't a heck of a lot wrong with either of the three scales. But generally Fahrenheit is a bit old, Celsius is probably less old, and Kelvin is the latest thing that seems about the most right, but it seems no one really wants to adopt it as a standard, because the older systems still work. It's that attitude of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it".

Geez… And I haven't even found it at gamestop yet… emoji

Only if you live in the USA. By the way, there will be a new movie trailer for Ratchet and Clank on friday!!!

Well that explains my problem. emoji

Only if you live in the USA. By the way, there will be a new movie trailer for Ratchet and Clank on friday!!!

How do you know this?

Nice find! Good thing you are our newser! You wont let anything slip past emoji

Nice find! Good thing you are our newser! You wont let anything slip past emoji

True, but I'm not gonna write a news until the day it actually happens. Still, in the mean time I've re-subscribed to Ratchet and Clank Movie's YT, and eagerly await the news!

That would be the right way to go about it, yes. I expect you'll have it written up and ready for the moment the video gets uploaded, at which point you can stuff the link in the article and post it right away emoji

The only question is "when" on Friday? I don't go into work until 2:00 pm, so it should be up by then. James Stevenson usually teases us emoji

Wow, saying that I'm jealous would be a massive understatement!
Those cosplays look awesome! And so does that bus! And so does that poster… in fact everything you said sounds awesome, must be cool to have that kind of opportunity… I'm not that envious, though. Over here, I can play the new FIFA… >.>
Nice to hear that the game truly is going to live up to its hype. Even without having played it, I also do need it now.

And how was Rise of the Tomb Raider? Did you manage to put up with the bumpers on the Xbox One controller?

It's something that was on my bucket list for a very long time!

Rise is fantastic! It truly feels like a Tomb Raider while still having the serious appeal of TR9. I loved it. Puzzles are still logical and linear instead of cryptic and with much backtracking. Your pistol has unlimited ammo like the original series and the graphics are amazing!

And as far as the controller goes, my hands are too small for it. I can't reach the L and R buttons :/

Wow! That's so cool! I guess it pays to play ;D
By the way how tall are you? You almost appear 6' in the picture.

Yep, exactly right. 1,80m.

Cool, I'm 6' 3" myself :oui: