Thread: Really Random thread

So, can somebody please tell me why is there an ongoing war on the internet between people who like and dislike Batman vs Superman?

Dude, that's how the internet works emoji

Ahahaha, you're so straight to the point emoji

Really though: Three months ago if anyone had told me that the Deadpool movie would be better than Super Man VS. Batman, I'd have laughed. Now, now I'm glad I never placed any bets.

Maybe if DC had built up to Supes VS. Bats, it could have gone better. Like, pull a Marvel and have several tie-in movies take place before the big event.

Ah, Wolf O'Donnell! Looks awesome, from SF: Zero I presume?

*sigh
I don't have a lot of faith in that game. StarFox is my favorite video game series and usually just in name I'm already ok with it. But they couldn't even get the simple things right. It's non-canon, the controlls abolutely suck (Ive played it on FirstLook), the world looks dead, Platinum Games develope it (there is ONE developer I don't like and they had to make it), no new sprightly voice cast, the models look like remastered SF643D objects…. It's the opposite of what my dream StarFox looked like. But hey, perhaps the tides will turn when I'm playing the final product.

Your post confused me quite massively there, Heather. It tool e a while to figure out you were commenting on his avatar, because you quoted his post and didn't say anything about it emoji

I was thinking, should I quote or write @Dinoboo. Guess I chose wrong.emoji

Really though: Three months ago if anyone had told me that the Deadpool movie would be better than Super Man VS. Batman, I'd have laughed. Now, now I'm glad I never placed any bets.

Maybe if DC had built up to Supes VS. Bats, it could have gone better. Like, pull a Marvel and have several tie-in movies take place before the big event.

*sigh
I don't have a lot of faith in that game. StarFox is my favorite video game series and usually just in name I'm already ok with it. But they couldn't even get the simple things right. It's non-canon, the controlls abolutely suck (Ive played it on FirstLook), the world looks dead, Platinum Games develope it (there is ONE developer I don't like and they had to make it), no new sprightly voice cast, the models look like remastered SF643D objects…. It's the opposite of what my dream StarFox looked like. But hey, perhaps the tides will turn when I'm playing the final product.

I thought that guy in Dino's avatar is related with Fox (or is he?). Whatever, according to biology, foxes and wolves are relatives emoji

Not related, but they're rivals!

*sigh

Thanks! Yep, this is his SF: Zero design.

I know how you feel. When they first announced this game, I was pretty excited for it, but now I'm not so sure. I could deal with the whole motion control with the gamepad thing because they said it was optional, and now it's not. I'm not graphics guy, but the game does look like a late GameCube game sometimes. It's also a pretty confusing game in general: is it supposed to be replacing SF:64 or is it some kind of retelling/reboot? And, argh, that hype killing delay, though!

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about it, though. It's the first Star Fox game in years, it's bringing back most of the characters everyone loves, and it looks like it'll be a return to form. BUT, it's also a case of Nintendo continuing to ride on SF:64's coat tails. I'll play it safe, and let the reviewers tell me what to do this time.

Ha, I forgot how you felt about Platinum. I have the exact opposite feelings about them. Hopefully that doesn't make us rivals. emoji

I couldn't agree more!

So the motion controlls are default now? That sucks. But that wasn't even what I hated about it. The layout has been completely altered. Thought tilting your Arwing uses L and R? Hahahahaha…. No. I want you to guess. I want you to take a quick guess.

It's the right controlstick. Forward, with the CS is boost and backwards is the brake. So prepare to accidentaly tilt instead of boosting any vice versa. CS should have been up for loop and down for U-turn!
Shooting with A? Nah, well use R2. The only thing that remains the same compared to the other games is that the left controllstick moves the Arwing. Thats it! Why replace what isn't broken?!

That being said, the game looks horrivic. Because of the delay PG was able to upgrade the texture maps and lighting a bit.. But where are the people? Corneria City had about 5 buildings! I understand SF64 had just a few, but a brand new Wii U game? In Assault there was a lively and detailed Corneria City. In Zero… It's completely abandoned.

The game is neither remake nor reboot. Miyamoto quite literally said 'a non-canon story'. So the old universe remains canon, whilst Zero is just… Something that never actually happened. Whyyyyyy?!emoji

Platinum… It's the case of "I don't like your face". I don't like their values. They're very gameplay focssed and forget about the plot completely. But that okay, they'll just add some clever camera work in there.
They absolutely nail the gameplay aspect, but its the little things that make me dislike them…

User image

Deleted user

User image

Sold!!!!!!

jk.

Have some more! It's the default camera angle on female characters in Platinum Games games!emoji

User image

Oh yeah, definetly waiting for those reviews now.

LOL! I'm an action game junkie, and Platinum makes quality action games. That's the only reason I like them, I swear! emoji But, yeah, solid story-telling certainly isn't their forte.

I have to admit I absolutely loved Vanquish, gameplay-wise. They make fantastic gameplay sequenses and when I played SF: Zero I loved the bosses and the enemy types worked really well… But I'm a narrative junkie. emoji

For example, I love this ''game''! I want more like this!

User image

I have to admit I absolutely loved Vanquish, gameplay-wise. They make fantastic gameplay sequenses and when I played SF: Zero I loved the bosses and the enemy types worked really well… But I'm a narrative junkie. emoji

For example, I love this ''game''! I want more like this!

User image

Have you played the portal games?

Actually, no. I am yet to play a Valve title. In my defence, I recently bought Half Life 1 on PS2 and HL2 on Xbox.
Huh, what? Steam? What's that, can I eat it?