Thread: Really Random thread

Oh, about the ending:

I'm actually fine with both the movie's and game's ending. To be fair, the game was based on Qwark's utter inaccuracy in retelling stories, while the movie told what actually happened. Besides, if they wanted to continue the "alternate" universe, I'm expecting Shiv Helix as the main antagonist. However, if they wanted to stop at the "alternate" universe and continue the original ones, they better NOT KILL Neffy. He is so far my favorite villain in the series and the one villain I don't want to be dead.
Oh, about the ending:

I'm actually fine with both the movie's and game's ending. To be fair, the game was based on Qwark's utter inaccuracy in retelling stories, while the movie told what actually happened. Besides, if they wanted to continue the "alternate" universe, I'm expecting Shiv Helix as the main antagonist. However, if they wanted to stop at the "alternate" universe and continue the original ones, they better NOT KILL Neffy. He is so far my favorite villain in the series and the one villain I don't want to be dead.

Exactly. Qwark doesn't know that Nefarious survived. Both in the movie and in the game Nefarious fell on the core of the deplanetizer but in the movie we get to see that he survived, kind of. We could still see the Nefarious scene after Qwark's retelling where Shiv escapes, but I still don't understand why they decided not to put it in. It could be that Nefarious may not return again. That could be either because he has been in too many games, either because he became friends with the others in A4O or to not create confusion to those who played only the reimagining.
Hey Handem, could you translate the names of the other 3 planets that got destroyed by DreK? Maybe they are Oltanis, Hoven, and Eudora.

You know what's the worst part? Evry planet is called Tenemule… At least the two last have the most visible names and say Tenemule. The other two from far can't be read but seem to have the same lenght and shape… I know that since they are far and can't be read at least these visible try to separate them! I got this from the first news but if there is a screenshot that is clearer or closer then maybe I could do something better.

Oh, about the ending:

Exactly. Qwark doesn't know that Nefarious survived. Both in the movie and in the game Nefarious fell on the core of the deplanetizer but in the movie we get to see that he survived, kind of. We could still see the Nefarious scene after Qwark's retelling where Shiv escapes, but I still don't understand why they decided not to put it in. It could be that Nefarious may not return again. That could be either because he has been in too many games, either because he became friends with the others in A4O or to not create confusion to those who played only the reimagining.

I think the reason why the final Nefarious scene wasn't in the game was so that people wouldn't be expecting Nefarious to return. Like that scene makes it seem that Nefarious will be back, and a real threat. Insomniac probably didn't want to be tied down to Nefarious like that.

Lest we forgot:

User image
User image

Today marks the beginning of WW2, 77 years ago. Salute to all of the heroes who have fought in the war.

Does that really need to be in a spoiler tag?

And yea, those people who fought in the war were the real deal. Must have been scary.

And yea, those people who fought in the war were the real deal. Must have been scary.

Thought the pictures might be too large, so I put them in a spoiler tag. I'll remove it. And yup, nobody likes to be stuck in a war, especially as a civillian.

Thought the pictures might be too large, so I put them in a spoiler tag. I'll remove it. And yup, nobody likes to be stuck in a war, especially as a civillian.

People being sent to die only to fulfill some certain people's purpose… All these expansive attacks to gain more power making other people go to defend their countries. All the suffering during the war and even more after the war where you have to live with all these memories. People killing other people without thinking that they are people just like them, with their lives and their families.
But, I stop writing since I could go on and on. We have to thank though those that helped put an end to this war and many other.
Edit: What just came to my mind! Ratchet and Clank: Nexus, the cancelled game which would have Ratchet and Clank put in a war on a single planet and would have them have differing opinions about the war. Now that would be the most serious game in the series. I wonder what their opinions would be though. Who would be against the war and who would be supporting it?

Really? That was what the game would be about? Well, since Ratchet & Clank has a long tradition of having comedical materials inside the games, I think they decided that that game would be too dark and serious. And about the warring sides, I don't know. Could be an unknown alien species.

Really? That was what the game would be about? Well, since Ratchet & Clank has a long tradition of having comedical materials inside the games, I think they decided that that game would be too dark and serious. And about the warring sides, I don't know. Could be an unknown alien species.

I mean Ratchet and Clank would have differnt opinions.
While the game did not matirialize a lot of got carried over to Deadlocked as it seems to be a lot more serious.

Oh, their opinions. I think it would still depend on the situation. I think Ratchet would be the kind of guy who would want things to be over fast while Clank would be a more careful type of guy. Conflicting traits and opinions, but they can balance things up. Ratchet's "just shoot and charge" nature and Clank's "prepare things up first" nature would be a good combination for their survival, if they respect each other. We already knew what happened in the PS4 and movie where they only use the "just shoot and charge" tactic ended up in a disaster.

I still would've preferred that plot over the one we got. It gives Ratchet and Clank a great conflict, which adds to character development.

I still would've preferred that plot over the one we got. It gives Ratchet and Clank a great conflict, which adds to character development.

I'm not totally sure about that. If they add up too much seriousness, we wouldn't get that feeling of the series. But if they can balance the seriousness and comedy, then I might be fine. For now, let's just leave them to make the decision whether to continue the "remade" series, the original series, or make new adventures.

Oh, their opinions. I think it would still depend on the situation. I think Ratchet would be the kind of guy who would want things to be over fast while Clank would be a more careful type of guy. Conflicting traits and opinions, but they can balance things up. Ratchet's "just shoot and charge" nature and Clank's "prepare things up first" nature would be a good combination for their survival, if they respect each other. We already knew what happened in the PS4 and movie where they only use the "just shoot and charge" tactic ended up in a disaster.

Of course. But this game would take place after Up Your Arsenal and Ratchet by then is more mature. Although by the same time, which DL take place, Ratchet seems to enjoy the fame he takes even though he is in a bad situation. I think that Ratchet would not want to participate in war but would consider it his mission anyway and had to accomplish it while Clank would want to resolve the war with conversation rather than fighting.
How I would have likes things to go like: President Phyronix after failures to stop the war he sends R&C to the planet that war occurs in order to help restore peace in every way possible. Ratchet would probably suggest to fight the two alien races and try to take out the possible leaders of theirs. Clank would probably try to convince Ratchet not to, but fails. After fighting for some time and things not getting any different Clank suggests a different approach and try to convince the leaders to stop the war. The two seem to agree and after R&C leave the planet having achived their purpose each Leader turns on each other threating each to use weapons that would vaporize each other. Learning the news they return to the planet and fall right in the middle of the battlefield and one gets lot from the other. Each one makes their way to each respective leader and after trying to convince them to stop the war they fight them each one on his one and defeats them. After reuniting they convince the people to stop fighting only to find a much more evil force that at first separated these two races. After chasing him and falling to traps set by him the confront him. As they are about to defeat him the two leaders appear and having learned his plan and that he was the one responsible they go after him.
Instead of a greater evil though it could remain to just a two side war.

Wow, Handem. That seems like a pretty nice plot. Hats off to you! So it's that plot where one great evil messes up with two groups and lead them into a war. This remids me of Ace Combat 5. Two countries, Osea and Yuktobania, dragged into a huge conflict by one great evil, The Grey Men. Anyway, if they start to run out of ideas, they might take a look again at Nexus and try to make it happen. We can only hope from here.