Thread: Really Random thread

2016 marks the first time I've gone Novalis -> Kerwan -> Aridia.

Same here. I went straight from Novalis to Kerwan on my first playthrough. Well, at least Clank got a free upgrade there.

Same here. I went straight from Novalis to Kerwan on my first playthrough. Well, at least Clank got a free upgrade there.

I don't even know if you can go anywhere else but Kerwan from Novalis in the PS4 game… I'll need to replay it. I mean, you get the Aridia infobot on Novalis after all and also get directed to both infobots quite conveniently. Back on the PS2 I've always gone to find the Plumber first, resulting in Aridia showing up above Kerwan on the planet list, so I've just gone there first. Now that I've gotten myself the trilogy on PS3 I'm planning on going Kerwan first.

And yes, I had to backtrack after getting the Swingshot.

Do you guys think we'll get a sequel to the reboot?

Do you guys think we'll get a sequel to the reboot?

50:50. I'd prefer they continue the Future saga or make new series of games.

I think we'll get a sequel to the reboot, but I hope they do a new series set after Nexus. It can still be newcomer friendly if they throw Ratchet and Clank in a new chapter of their lives. emoji

My 3D Character Animation Demo Reel
This is a work in progress of every shot I have chosen to finalize from my Animation Mentor Class. It also includes one new shot, and will be updated as I continue to add more shots to the reel.
The good news is that my channel will become more active as I continue to post shots I am working on emoji

Glass Case of Emotion.

What the heck? Really? What do they demand? Extra money or something?

From what I understand it is one of the points, but it's also about the safety of the people doing mo-cap sessions as well as those in the booth (when they tell you to do 8,000 death sounds in one session, it can be pretty damaging for the voice), so they want things like better working conditions or being informed about what game is it they're going to record (very often developers refuse to give them that information, so that when they enter the studio they don't know what they're up against). Tara Strong, who's been present at the negotiations seemed really mad, saying the noegotiator on the game companies' side simply told them that nobody cares about the voices, anyone could do what they do and the games will still sell - this might be what finally did it.

About IG, it is really sad (and suprising) for me to see them there, but it also means that if the things will not go well from this point on, we might actually not hear JAT nor David Kaye in fututre installments of the R&C series - JAT is in that union from what I remember and the canadian equivalent of it (which most probably has David Kaye as a member) stands in solidarity

http://gameraven.com/editorials/voice-actor-strike-game-industry-ugly-labor-habits

Glass Case of Emotion.

Nice Animovie.

What the heck? Really? What do they demand? Extra money or something?

From what I understand it is one of the points, but it's also about the safety of the people doing mo-cap sessions as well as those in the booth (when they tell you to do 8,000 death sounds in one session, it can be pretty damaging for the voice), so they want things like better working conditions or being informed about what game is it they're going to record (very often developers refuse to give them that information, so that when they enter the studio they don't know what they're up against). Tara Strong, who's been present at the negotiations seemed really mad, saying the noegotiator on the game companies' side simply told them that nobody cares about the voices, anyone could do what they do and the games will still sell - this might be what finally did it.

About IG, it is really sad (and suprising) for me to see them there, but it also means that if the things will not go well from this point on, we might actually not hear JAT nor David Kaye in fututre installments of the R&C series - JAT is in that union from what I remember and the canadian equivalent of it (which most probably has David Kaye as a member) stands in solidarity

http://gameraven.com/editorials/voice-actor-strike-game-industry-ugly-labor-habits

Glass Case of Emotion.

Nice Animovie.

Yeah, really surprised to see IG on the list. But with IG's good reputation, I think we can hope they would solve this problem quickly - I don't want a Ratchet & Clank game without JAT and David Kaye.

My 3D Character Animation Demo Reel
This is a work in progress of every shot I have chosen to finalize from my Animation Mentor Class.

That's wicked, man! I especially love the fascial animations and lipsync. emoji

@Voice actor strike

That's news I've been following for a while. I can stand by their demands. Voice acting has become a lot more important in video games since 1994 (when the current contract was adopted). So I can understand the changes they want to make, except one. They want a bonus for every 2 million copies sold when a video game is succesfull. That's a bit unfair since even developers don't get that. The guys that essentially made the game and with a lot of overtime too. But one might say that, at least, the voice actors have the ba– to go on strike for it.

Anyway, the reason Insomniac is on that list is none other than that it's a company that uses voice actors in their projects. The voice actors have stated their quarrel is with the CEO's, not the developers (And one CEO recently stated to Tara Strong "Nobody cares about the voices"emoji So this doesn't mean IG is bad with their voice actors. emoji

Anyway, the reason Insomniac is on that list is none other than that it's a company that uses voice actors in their projects. The voice actors have stated their quarrel is with the CEO's, not the developers (And one CEO recently stated to Tara Strong "Nobody cares about the voices"emoji So this doesn't mean IG is bad with their voice actors. emoji

Hm, it's still a little puzzling to me - IG is one of the few gaming companies specifically listed on that not-so-long-list, so I wonder why's that… Then again, I think I've heard once that they are doing their sessions at that Technicolor location next door to their Burbank studio - maybe that's how they hire the actors themselves instead of using one of the production companies visible on that list (which, as I checked, worked on some other SONY exclusives like Uncharted 4)… But I don't really know.

But yeah, I do agree that bonus is pushing it a little too far. Still hoping they come to a reasonable agreement soon.

Well, if you just look at EA you have BioWare, DICE, EA Sports, Double Fine, People Can Fly, Visceral and probably more. And Activion also has Destiny, Call of Duty, Skylanders, Guiter Hero, Prototype, etc. There's more than meets the eye on that list. This really doesn't mean the end for Insomniac. Since they're one of the finest developers I think they'll be one of the first to adress the issue and come to an agreement. emoji