Thread: Really Random thread

Friend of mine bought PlayStation VR! So, obviously, I had to pay him a visit. The only VR experience I've ever had was with the Oculus DevKit 1, so it was cool to see how things have changed. My friend bought a few games with the system. First we did this static game in a shark cage which was pretty cool (cause I love shark movies). I actually wanted to lean of a railing in the game, but ended falling, because the railing wasn't actually in the room, ofcourse. emoji

Then we did this sci-fi game, but after a few minutes I said: "Mate, you have to take this thing of my head or my breakfast is going to be all over your floor". I got so nauseous from that game…

Then we did Rush of Blood, but quickly turned it off for the neighbours' sake. I was screaming. But you know what's weird? You want to cover your eyes with your hands, but you can't because the VR is on your head! But in the moment, you don't think about closing your eyes!! Kind of like this.

Then, finally, I had an experience that didn't scare the heck out of me or gave me motion sickness; and that was The London Heist. It was based around a sitting position and you could grab stuff with the Move controllers. You could light a cigar too and instinctively I blew out the smoke (after slapping my face with the controller) and the game actually reacted to it. "Omg, look! Did you see that? Pfff, pfff. It blows out the smoke!". I went a little crazy over that. xD

Anyway. Cool gimmick item for an afternoon of fun, but I wouldn't buy one myself.

(This is a veery long post, sorry. But I got a little excited ^^ )

You want to cover your eyes with your hands, but you can't because the VR is on your head! But in the moment, you don't think about closing your eyes!!

I remember being in a Sony Center and the employee there told me: "At anytime, if you feel something or get scared, you can simply close your eyes and you are completely out of the game". I didn't play any scare game. The only two available was the shark one and the loge one (the one that you have a skate on a road, if that is what is called). I didn't feel that dizzy although I found the controls to be way to tight and you couldn't move that easily so I hit a lot of times. I had tried PS VR though another time on another shop and I played Driveclub. This game I can tell me made me dizzy a lot of times, most of the times on the turns but not too much. Eve Valkyrie was the game that made me to completely stop and take out the headset. In the same shop though I also had my first VR experience with the Oculus. Unfortunately you could only the "Dream Showcase" if that is called, which basically haves you just looking around and having no control but moving and looking. There were other games available but there was no controller (I haven't been there for 2 weeks and I wonder if they finally put a controller). This experience felt a lot more natural but I suppose it wasn't just because of the hardware but mostly because you didn't have anything to do but just look. The moment though when you stand on the ledge… I had turn on the other side to look what's behind then turned in the front again and got scared for a moment because of the height.
The close this, I think VR is really good and it is ready for consumer use but not yet for wide consumer use. As for owining one, I don't think so… Way too expensive and with small selection of games.

Hahaha, that sounds fun. The first time I tried VR was when my classmate brought a Samsung VR and let us play with it during break time. I tried the game where you were sitting on a rollercoaster and, to be honest, I felt pretty dizzy afterwards. And about VR games, I'd really like to try playing Ace Combat 7 with PS VR, though when the game comes out I'd definitely not play the VR missions since I don't have the PS VR (and I don't plan to buy it).

I'm not sure if I was wearing it wrong, but everything was blurry. Like really blurry. When I played with Oculus 1 it was as if you were pressing your eyes against an LCD TV screen and PS VR wasn't much different from that. I couldn't get the right angle.

The reason I got dizzy was because in the sci-fi game, you aim with your head but still use the controller to turn your vehicle around. And that really got to me.

The reason I got dizzy was because in the sci-fi game, you aim with your head but still use the controller to turn your vehicle around. And that really got to me.

The one with the giant mechs? That didn't got me too dizzy unless I used the ability to charge at another players. About blurriness, I think it is about the headset not being correcly put most of the times but some other times it could be the game probably running at a low resolution (Driveclub is one of the game that greatly suffers from this), or it could be a setting in the menu but I couldn't bother to search for it since I wanted to simply try them.

I might be late or early (depending on timezone), but I want to wish you all A Happy New Year! emoji

I know I haven't been showing any signs of life for a really long time… It's mainly due to college and the terrible internet at the student dorm. Haven't been doing anything exceptional in the past few months, just school related stuff and reading a bunch of Agatha Christie books. But now that I'm home for the holidays I can relax and play some games. Lately, I've been playing The Last Guardian, haven't finished it yet, but i like it so far, it brings back a bit of nostalgia from SoC. Though, I'm a bit worried about the replay value…

Last news post of the year!

Happy New Year Guys

User image

The one with the giant mechs? That didn't got me too dizzy unless I used the ability to charge at another players. About blurriness, I think it is about the headset not being correcly put most of the times but some other times it could be the game probably running at a low resolution (Driveclub is one of the game that greatly suffers from this), or it could be a setting in the menu but I couldn't bother to search for it since I wanted to simply try them.

It was called Odyssey-Something. You control a spiderlike mech with an AI.

There was a slider or something on the top of the PS VR. Maybe that one was for sharpening? Cause with the blur I had, I don't think the reception would have been so positive. So I'm sure I was just wearing it wrongemoji

Happy New Years, everyone.

Hey guys , just found this wierd video that was from the orginal ratchet and clank pres kir , hope you enjoy.https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=SNdWLKs_xBM

Everytime I see this video I wonder firstly whose idea was it, who created it and who let it see the day of light. The creepiness it keeps…

Mass Effect 2 is currently free on Origin. Should I get it or nah?

Question.

Do you people around here use Discord?

Also, Heather, how's that Deliver Us The Moon coming through?
(My best guess is that I've just said something terribly indecent)

Also, Heather, how's that Deliver Us The Moon coming through?
(My best guess is that I've just said something terribly indecent)

Indecent, why's that?

It's going very well actually! It now has a publisher: Starbreeze. Which you might recognize from Payday and Dead By Daylight. Working with them has made developing much smoother.emoji