Thread: Really Random thread

I feel way more confident when talking/writing English!

Amazing! emoji Besidees, English makes everything sound better, doesn't it? ^^

During middle school I always had shaky legs when I had to give a PowerPoint. But not the time I had to do them for English. Not even the laser-shooting gazes of the MeanGirls could rain on my parade.

Wow, awesome!
Kinda envy you in that way. I used to be confident when it came to Japanese but for now I just came to doubt my knowledge so… You can tell it's not gonna end well ^^"

I think the only non-english dub I could enjoy would be German and Polish (but by Kubak12 and his gang of fandubbers).

Thanks bro xD That Japaneese dub tho… Made me laugh sooo hard xD Heck, if all the intentional weirdness (additional reactions, lines, changing the context of the whole scene…emoji wasn't enough, in 0:47 they even stretched the actress' line to fit the lip movment! Though from what I saw, they seem to have stopped with the weird additions later on (excluding the eyebrows from the Future series obviously)…

Also… Hi everyone, been a while.

I think the only non-english dub I could enjoy would be German and Polish (but by Kubak12 and his gang of fandubbers).

Thanks bro xD That Japaneese dub tho… Made me laugh sooo hard xD Heck, if all the intentional weirdness (additional reactions, lines, changing the context of the whole scene…emoji wasn't enough, in 0:47 they even stretched the actress' line to fit the lip movment! Though from what I saw, they seem to have stopped with the weird additions later on (excluding the eyebrows from the Future series obviously)…

Welcome back Kubak! Have you seen the deleted scenes yet? emoji

You're back! Just shortly after I mentioned you! Damn, I might just call out names of inactive members to summon them! emoji

Kubak!! Hey, how are you? S'been a while.

I feel way more confident when talking/writing English!

Amazing! emoji Besidees, English makes everything sound better, doesn't it? ^^

During middle school I always had shaky legs when I had to give a PowerPoint. But not the time I had to do them for English. Not even the laser-shooting gazes of the MeanGirls could rain on my parade.

Wow, awesome!
Kinda envy you in that way. I used to be confident when it came to Japanese but for now I just came to doubt my knowledge so… You can tell it's not gonna end well ^^"

But Japanese is so different! If you can do whole sentences, whether the structure of be right or no, I'm sure people can be very forgiving. Especially native speakers.

Meanwhile German be like:
"Ok people, get your s*** together. We have 3 different words for "the". Der for masculine, die for feminine, and das for neuter."
"Oh, doesn't sound so ba-"
"BUT WAIT. There's more."
"Wha-"
"ACCUSATIVE: DEN, DIE, DAS"
"O…kay."
"DATIVE: DEM, DER, DEM"
"Are you kidd-"
"GENITIVE: DES, DER, DES"
"Eh… screw it."

The JAT Show is hilarious! A brand new, 1 hour talk-show with special guest Tom Wilson!

But Japanese is so different! If you can do whole sentences, whether the structure of be right or no, I'm sure people can be very forgiving. Especially native speakers.

Well, actually, you're right! I think this works with every language, doesn't it? Personally speaking from point of Russian native speaker.
And thank you for cheering me up by the way ^^

"Ok people, get your s*** together. We have 3 different words for "the". Der for masculine, die for feminine, and das for neuter."
"Wha-"
"O…kay."
"Are you kidd-"
"Eh… screw it."

Oh my god I wanted to start learning it in summer but now I'm scared
Meanwhile in Russian:
"Do you want tea?"
"Yeah, no, probably".

Ha! True. I had German for two years and I hated writing letters and book reports. And during finals even the questions themselves were German! (Glad I got rid of French when I could. Three languages are more than enough)

Just saw Alien: Covenant and it's sublime. A great sequel to Prometheus ánd a fantastic addition to the Alien universe. It has the action from Aliens, the claustophobic environments of Alien and the overal pace of Prometheus. Definitely exeeded my expectations.

The only thing I didn't like was the couple next to me who COULD'T STOP TALKING. They talked the entire movie! How? Why? O.o

At least German isn't as ugly as French when it comes to pronunciation. I remember during our trip to France, our guide asked "Would you like to shop at pren-tong?" and we were like "Uh, what? pren-tong?" And shortly we saw a big mall with the name "Printemps" "There you see is pren-tong." "Oooooooooooh"

I'm good, right after the exams - now I've got the longest vacation in my life, before I go to the University xD I saw the deleted scenes, yeah… Some I would actually like to see in the final movie, but some seem pretty pointless indeed:

Pointless:
- the first scene with Ratchet, it establishes what's already been established
- a separate introduction for Aleero City wasn't really necessary with the "Whoah, Aleero City" bit later
- the "asteroid" joke was not funny to me at all
- Drek's advertisement, while a nice nod to the original game, would be just too much exposition
- "Doctor Nerd-farious"… While the "Ratchet" line at the end was hillarious the rest was just… Weird

Wish they used them:
- the "targeting software" and "Coming?" bits would be much appreciated, since, well - it's Ratchet and Clank interacting, something this movie desparately needed
- an actual climax to the Zurkon segment, in the movie they just… Vanish
- the "target acquired" scene, that one was funny (and the voice actor for the Blarg did better job than most of the movie's celebs)

Hey, congrats man. Already decided what kind of university?

"Wha-"
"O…kay."
"Are you kidd-"
"Eh… screw it."

I guess I am on the lucky side since it wasn't that hard for me to learn German.

Oh, joy! Haven't ßeen this thing in yearß:
User image