Thread: Really Random thread

I doubt they would sell them as one. But well, maybe they would actually sell them both for one, with the buyers needing to throw more bucks.

User image
That moment when you realize that Ratchet and Clank is based off of an old spanish comic series: "Blip and Turbo!"

Is that really a thing? Cause I found like one result for this.

And happy 10 year anniversary from Insomniac Games to Ratchet Galaxy!

Is that really a thing? Cause I found like one result for this.

And happy 10 year anniversary from Insomniac Games to Ratchet Galaxy!

10 years? Wow! Congrats to RatchetBlaster and the gang!

User image
Here's another image of them.

There's this single page that has info on it, but doesn't allow you to select and copy text to Google Translate.

But from what I can gather, it's a series from 1987? The likeness is uncanny, but I get Valerian-to-Star Wars vibes from this. I think IG did take the design from the Spyro characters and may have come across this series while gathering references. Maybe even from a Spanish employee? Since there's so little info to be found in a quick search.

I find that answer vague and unconv– nah just kidding. It happens.
This spanish comic artist had the idea once, someone else could have gotten it again.

There were so many concepts for both Ratchet and Clank. There's a visible journey there. And when you think about it. I just assumed that Turbo's (?) ears leaned back like Ratchet's do. But upon closer inspection, he looks more like a rabbit.

User image

The Polish voice actor for Sully (Uncharted 2/3) passed away.

Wow, I didn't think such info travelled outside of our borders :O But yeah, Andrzej Blumenfeld, he did, Sully was the one Uncharted character I enjoyed just as much in Polish as in the original (I'm yet to try out U4 though), great actor overall, he will be missed…

But dang, those spanish cartoons, the resemblance is really noticeable emoji

(also, long time no read… again… and happy birthday RG!)

Hey, that yellow guy from the old comic sure does resemble Ratchet a bit. And after a while, finally they created the Ratchet we know today.
User image

And happy birthday, RG! May you last long and not shut down early!

The Polish voice actor for Sully (Uncharted 2/3) passed away.

Wow, I didn't think such info travelled outside of our borders :O But yeah, Andrzej Blumenfeld, he did, Sully was the one Uncharted character I enjoyed just as much in Polish as in the original (I'm yet to try out U4 though), great actor overall, he will be missed…

But dang, those spanish cartoons, the resemblance is really noticeable emoji

(also, long time no read… again… and happy birthday RG!)

Good day, Kubak! How've you been?

I follow Behind The Voice Actors. They send messages when any voice actor in their database passes away. Among more fortunate news.

Good day, Kubak! How've you been?.

Pretty good, thank you emoji Been enjoying the spare time in various ways, including that weird hobby of screaming, making weird noises and spending way too much time on editing these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALC6VQjbyw0

I see the forum's still well and going emoji

Yup, we're still active here. Though I haven't seen Filipuntik, Darkstar, and Ratchetruler for a quite long time.

Hey guys, hows it going?

Good day, Kubak! How've you been?.

Pretty good, thank you emoji Been enjoying the spare time in various ways, including that weird hobby of screaming, making weird noises and spending way too much time on editing these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALC6VQjbyw0

I see the forum's still well and going emoji

I still don't understand what they're saying, haha.
Is this a way of trying to get a voice gig in Poland? Cause that would be really cool!

I still don't understand what they're saying, haha.
Is this a way of trying to get a voice gig in Poland? Cause that would be really cool!

Unfortunately, not really. There's really not such thing as a strict VO actor here - everybody who got into this industry are actual stage or film actors, they're not looking for people anywhere else, certainly not on YouTube. Even though I'd LOVE to get a gig, the chances of that are very, very slim.