Thread: Really Random thread

Aah. I get that. There isn't much of a market here either. So for the parents that have to watch a dub with their kids, they also select whatever TV actor or public face is populair.

Huh, I'm not sure if strict VAs also exist here, but it's also common practice here that famous celebrities voice some characters in movies or TV shows.

Kids shows and Disney movies. Not much of a field to work in, no. Plus they only need women, because… you know...

Meanwhile in Japan, even young male characters are quite commonly voiced by women.

Aah. I get that. There isn't much of a market here either. So for the parents that have to watch a dub with their kids, they also select whatever TV actor or public face is populair.

The celebrity in dubs 'problem' is highly exaturated - I mean, they pretty much only get them for theatrical features and it's not like they make up most of the cast. Besides, at this point only the low-budget flicks get celebs for the sake of putting their names on the posters. For bigger flicks they either don't hire them (Polish cast of The LEGO Batman Movie for instance had no famous names in it) or don't make a big deal out of it (Cars 3 had TONS of famous names in the cast, but I don't recall them mentioning that in any sort of advertisement).

The celebrities 'taking jobs' is not really a thing, more like the first thing you mentioned - there's not as much of a market as there is in the Western Europe (here, live action films get dubbed VERY rarely, when they are aimed at kids). But even if there was, I still doubt the industry would open the doors for non-film/stage actors, and honestly - rightfully so. I mean, even the English VOs always say, that a voice actor is a voice ACTOR. They just turn to people who they know are capable of doing this stuff. I do this for fun, as a hobby, I try to perfect my craft as much as I can, but I'm still MILES away from people actually doing this professionally.

Jeez, turns out you can be even a VO/overdub nerd…

All actors started somewhere. I know that the gap grows larger. A lot is expected from (voice) actors these days. MoCap is used more often and a job like the original Resident Evil can break an Uncharted these days. While back then it was fine… fine'ish.

Yet, besides video games/film/TV there's a fair market in freelance voice over jobs. It's not a full time job, but it might be something you'd like to look into. At school we often hire such voice actors for video voice over and stuff. emoji

Meanwhile in Japan, even young male characters are quite commonly voiced by women.

Actually that's very common overal. A grown-up woman's voice often sounds like a young boy. And if their regular voice doesn't, they sure can replicate it.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

I don't fully agree with the story bit though, but everythig else - YES!

Oh I just saw that video!

I never thought much about these flaws with the game but I do think this is a case of where the good outweighs the bad.
I prefer 2 overall but I think 3 has the edge when it comes to combat, which is what it focuses on.
Plus the complaints about the story are kinda dumb I think. It's not taking itself seriously and while you can say that it doesn't really have a "point" like the first two it kind of feels like he's just looking too deeply into something simple, I doubt anyone enjoyed the original games' story for the brilliant satire on consumerism.

Ahh well, at least it wasn't an hour and a half this time lol

Oh I just saw that video!

I never thought much about these flaws with the game but I do think this is a case of where the good outweighs the bad.
I prefer 2 overall but I think 3 has the edge when it comes to combat, which is what it focuses on.
Plus the complaints about the story are kinda dumb I think. It's not taking itself seriously and while you can say that it doesn't really have a "point" like the first two it kind of feels like he's just looking too deeply into something simple, I doubt anyone enjoyed the original games' story for the brilliant satire on consumerism.

Ahh well, at least it wasn't an hour and a half this time lol

Oh i also saw it and i thought brought some valid points dispit u.ya along with a.c.it or both my favorite games in the series. Also did you see his hour and 21 te video about the ps4 ( i personaly didnt because i didn't want to piss my self off, so i just left the comment saying i respecting his opinion about the game).

Never played UYA before. So, uh, is it more like some sort of "guilty pleasure" game which you only play for the fun and humor? I know some parts of the main plot, but not too much of the details.

Never played UYA before. So, uh, is it more like some sort of "guilty pleasure" game which you only play for the fun and humor? I know some parts of the main plot, but not too much of the details.

Actually, it is regarded as the best in the series by a lot, and I mean, A LOT of fans (it's either this or ACiT in most cases). Certainly not in a guilty pleasure way.

Also did you see his hour and 21 te video about the ps4 ( i personaly didnt because i didn't want to piss my self off, so i just left the comment saying i respecting his opinion about the game).

Most of the points he makes in that vid are pretty valid though…

Yeah, same. I didn't watch his video about the PS4 game, too. I don't want to make myself hate that game just because I've seen a critique video.

To be fair I didn't think he was THAT harsh on it.
I watched the whole thing and he mostly glorifies the original game more than anything else. It didn't make me hate the PS4 game but it did make me see the PS2 title in a new light and I appreciate it a lot more now even with its flaws.

Why would you hate it just because because someone else does? You might see it in a new light, maybe respect the original more like Ameela, but hate the new game? He mostly complains about the story/writing, which in the PS4 game's case, let's admit it, is preeetty bad.

It's funny though, how most of the people anylizing what's bad about R&C PS4 seem to misunderstand it's creation process. They all act like the movie and the game was a one, big project, both produts developed simultaneously under direction of Insomniac Games, or even better, that the movie was based on the PS4 game (with all these "the movie just reuses game's cutscenes" complaints around the web)… But it is the movie that came first and according to Shaun McCabe it wasn't until 10 months before the movie's planned release date (Spring 2015) that they actually started to work on it! So little do people know, but what we got is actually another rushed Ratchet game that turned out way better than it should (when the movie got pulled back, the game was pretty much finished, so all they could do with extra time were minor tweaks and bug testing). I still think it is the least innovative, pretty flawed and perhaps the worst written (and I'm taking all the IG games and PSP spin-offs into account) game in the series, but for what they got to work with… This could've been much worse.

Well, it's just sometimes I could get carried away by people's opinions too easily. And yeah, the game was rushed, but thank God for the delay. They had more time to polish the game and make it a good one for a rushed game. And at least the game seems to be quite succesful in attracting new fans.