Thread: Really Random thread

Well, it's just sometimes I could get carried away by people's opinions too easily. And yeah, the game was rushed, but thank God for the delay. They had more time to polish the game and make it a good one for a rushed game. And at least the game seems to be quite succesful in attracting new fans.

The Ps4 game is really addictive too. It captures everything I wanted from the originals if Ratchet could upgrade weapons or strafe of any of that! But I'm still not happy about the over-dose of motion blur. Takes all the fun outta 4k.

snip

I started with the PS4 game I definitely noticed the writing was a little… off? The gameplay was really fun though.
Personally I think they simply shouldn't have made a movie. If they really wanted to branch out and reach a wider audience a 20-30 episode TV show with an over-arching plot like Gravity Falls would have worked better and given them more time to tell the story properly.

snip

I started with the PS4 game I definitely noticed the writing was a little… off? The gameplay was really fun though.
Personally I think they simply shouldn't have made a movie. If they really wanted to branch out and reach a wider audience a 20-30 episode TV show with an over-arching plot like Gravity Falls would have worked better and given them more time to tell the story properly.

Honestly i feel the movie would've of been so much better if it was just tj fixman's original script (with no offense to kevin mounroe of course).

snip

\r\n\r\nI started with the PS4 game I definitely noticed the writing was a little… off? The gameplay was really fun though.\r\nPersonally I think they simply shouldn't have made a movie. If they really wanted to branch out and reach a wider audience a 20-30 episode TV show with an over-arching plot like Gravity Falls would have worked better and given them more time to tell the story properly.

Honestly i feel the movie would've of been so much better if it was just tj fixman's original script (with no offense to kevin mounroe of course).

snip

I still have an issue with the gameplay though… Ratchet games were not really revolutionazing it's formula since Up Your Arsenal (and when they tried six years ago, people weren't happy…emoji, they keep on borrowing the best their predecessors had to offer for a long time… But they always managed to throw something new into the mix, improve on the old mechanics, make it feel like a new experience. I mean, ItN, as short as it was, introduced new controls sheme (well, improved FFA controls sheme), the zero-G gameplay, the jetpack, the new way of upgrading weapons with Raritanium, brand new Clank levels… What are PS4 game's original ideas? Well, there are Clank's levels, which I admit, are really well done, the dogfights play a little different, though are similar to those from R&C1 or GC and… The Proton Drum? Everything else is either copied straight from the previous series' entries, or are reskined ideas (I mean, Pixeliser is cool, but it's just another shotgun). For such a big, important title, that's pretty weak and I hope it doesn't become a standard for the series…

Yeah, Ratchet & Clank is a pretty cartoony franchise and even the movie, with it's goofy scenes made me go "the would work much better in TV"… It's easy to judge now, after the movie's (certainly financial) failure and say "it was a bad idea from the start", but… Yeah, it would work better in TV, not even because of time for the character development, but because they simply fit more in 10-20 minutes episodes. But hey, they seem to have learned they lesson and Sly's getting a TV show instead of a movie.

We don't really know if it was good or not… It's not like everything Fixman does is a masterpiece. I would love to see it though, wish they could release it one day.

I did think Nexus's biggest set-back was its length and how much it introduced played a large part in that.
Like yes it brought a lot of new stuff to the table like the jetpack, the zero gravity, the tube flying thingy but it feels like the game didn't build upon any of this stuff as a result of just how much it tried to do.

Like how many zero gravity sections are there after the first level? The jetpack gets a little bit more love but it's only for about 2 levels (which to be fair is a lot considering the game's length but I digress) and the only new concepts I feel like get explored enough to warrant their inclusion in the game are the new gadget and the Clank segments.

Granted the PS4 game doesn't bring any of this stuff back aside from the jetpack and it might not have brought much new stuff but I'm glad it at least didn't have the same problem as Nexus where it throws so much at you but doesn't really do anything with it.

Evey game's problem hinges on a budget. Low budget games like FFA and ITN tend not to do better than say: ACIT or the PS4 game, which probably had a bigger budget than the movie! The movie also probably ended up blowing there budget on SLy Stallone, and not enough on the actual movie (no less advertising). The movie was low budget to begin with, so it probably wasn't going to do that well anyways…
Nevertheless, I was very happy to a couple lombaxes in the theater with me, so I can't complain.

Think it's more of a balance between time and money. You can have all the money in the world, but when you don't get the time… (and vice versa).

Also.. Stallone isn't worth that much, is he? In my eyes he's always been kind of a bimbo. Well, whatever the male equivalent of a bimbo is anyway.

However… I think Insomniac did an amazing job with R&C'16. Isn't 'the same but different' all we want from a sequel? And the movie too. I really enjoy that one. Just a very light movie that looks beautiful and simply serves as a ride.

snip

I still have an issue with the gameplay though… Ratchet games were not really revolutionazing it's formula since Up Your Arsenal (and when they tried six years ago, people weren't happy…emoji, they keep on borrowing the best their predecessors had to offer for a long time… But they always managed to throw something new into the mix, improve on the old mechanics, make it feel like a new experience. I mean, ItN, as short as it was, introduced new controls sheme (well, improved FFA controls sheme), the zero-G gameplay, the jetpack, the new way of upgrading weapons with Raritanium, brand new Clank levels… What are PS4 game's original ideas? Well, there are Clank's levels, which I admit, are really well done, the dogfights play a little different, though are similar to those from R&C1 or GC and… The Proton Drum? Everything else is either copied straight from the previous series' entries, or are reskined ideas (I mean, Pixeliser is cool, but it's just another shotgun). For such a big, important title, that's pretty weak and I hope it doesn't become a standard for the series…

Yeah, Ratchet & Clank is a pretty cartoony franchise and even the movie, with it's goofy scenes made me go "the would work much better in TV"… It's easy to judge now, after the movie's (certainly financial) failure and say "it was a bad idea from the start", but… Yeah, it would work better in TV, not even because of time for the character development, but because they simply fit more in 10-20 minutes episodes. But hey, they seem to have learned they lesson and Sly's getting a TV show instead of a movie.

We don't really know if it was good or not… It's not like everything Fixman does is a masterpiece. I would love to see it though, wish they could release it one day.

Knowing tj fixmans history with series writing the stories for the futre series , it's somewhat safe to say whatever he was scripting could've been prety interseting.

I did think Nexus's biggest set-back was its length and how much it introduced played a large part in that.

Yeah, there's some truth to that, but then again… Was there much more to do with these ideas? Granted, Zero-G gameplay could've been explored more (after the Nebulox it appears twice during bosses), maybe used for some puzzles or more creative stuff, but other than that… These other ideas would probably get just as much time in a longer game. In fact, R&C PS4 has even less jetpack in it than ItN - in ItN there was a large part of Silox dedicated to it, a whole Thram to explore and numerous arena challenges. In R&C PS4 you get to explore Gaspar through the air, but other than that, it's just Ms. Zurkon and Nefarious bosses.

Granted the PS4 game doesn't bring any of this stuff back aside from the jetpack

And also the whole control scheme (only with the option to swap L and R buttons) as well as the raritanium upgrade system… It really does play like ItN. Kind of makes me wish there was no ItN and this game was the one to introduce it's features…

Knowing tj fixmans history with series writing the stories for the futre series , it's somewhat safe to say whatever he was scripting could've been prety interseting.

I dunno, I liked ACiT well enough, but ToD, ItN… Those are really meh. And he did work on the PS4 game, which is written REALLY poorly (regardless of the movie's quality). I really like the comic book series though, the one time when he probably had 100% control over the thing, so… Maybe the original script of the movie was good, maybe not, we'll never know unless we see it for ourselves.

TJ fixman probably had a better idea for the ps4 game's script, but the movie confiscated that. So he just wrote a lazy script that…wasn't too lame. But the in-game cutscene's blank stares didn't help the great voice acting of JAT or DK.

Yeah. Remember when he expressed his disappointment after finding out Munroe cut a lot of stuff made by him? Shows that Munroe tried to control, if not the whole, the majority of the story. And bam, it bombed.

Do you guys think the original movie script will ever be released by tj fixman ?

TJ fixman probably had a better idea for the ps4 game's script, but the movie confiscated that. So he just wrote a lazy script that…wasn't too lame. But the in-game cutscene's blank stares didn't help the great voice acting of JAT or DK.

It was lame and it could've been a bit better. Of course, following the movie's plot while all these levels from the original game are hammered in made it a little more challenging, but… Argh. In the original game, you had tons of these NPC encounters that seemed pretty irrevelant to the plot, but they did serve a purpose - every single one of them had Ratchet and Clank interacting with one another, all these scenes contributed to developing their relationship. Where do we see Ratchet and Clank developing their relationship in the PS4 game? In the few borrowed scenes from the movie, the movie, that was already lacking in their character development. There are no chats between the two during the gameplay, little to no interaction between the two during non-movie cutscenes, there is literally no relationship here, no chemistry, how the heck am I supposed to treat these two as 'friends'. Also, we all moan about the boy scout Ratchet, but good Lord, what've they done to Clank! During the few moments when there are any signs of him having a personality (aside of the movie scenes) he's a, well, kind of a jerk (HOW DO YOU MAKE CLANK SEEM LIKE A JERK!?). JAT and DK aren't saving the situation, in fact, it works in the opposite direction - I haven't heard such a bland performance from David in a loong time.

Yeah. Remember when he expressed his disappointment after finding out Munroe cut a lot of stuff made by him? Shows that Munroe tried to control, if not the whole, the majority of the story. And bam, it bombed.

Well, I don't think he was suprised, that's the reason he left early on - he did the first draft of the script, but kept getting in arguement with Munroe, who had a different vision of the movie. In the end it isKevin and some other guy who are the actual people behind the final script. TJ did make a whole announcement about it before the movie premiered.

Do you guys think the original movie script will ever be released by tj fixman ?

That's not up to him to decide, but rather the movie producers.

I'm always drawn to: "Whoa and it's autographed! For Ratchet and Clank, the coolest dudes I've ever seen on a hostile alien planet–cool!" THAT line was good, but the blank stares and emotionless faces don't help at all!

I think the best cutscene in the Ps4 game was Skidd's infobot–proof that they CAN make a good cutscene, if they tried.