Thread: Really Random thread

Woa, that's quite a surprise to me. They've prided themselves on remaining an independent studio for so long! Must have been a pretty good deal for them to give that up! 

But this is cool. In my mind they've always been a Sony Interactive studio; now it's official. And no way Sony bought them for just their Spider-Man IP.filename38.png 

https://mobile.twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1163583195222142976

Well, that's a nice drawing from Sucker Punch. More crossover games in the future, I guess? PS All Stars Battle Royale was honestly fun to play. I still find SSB to be more fun but that game has potential. Maybe if they properly develop it with more characters and maps, it might just rival SSB.

https://mobile.twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1163583195222142976

Well, that's a nice drawing from Sucker Punch. More crossover games in the future, I guess? PS All Stars Battle Royale was honestly fun to play. I still find SSB to be more fun but that game has potential. Maybe if they properly develop it with more characters and maps, it might just rival SSB.

That's awesome! Whatever happened to Sly in Egypt, hm? Shame Sanzaru decided to put a cliffhanger there. 

Agreed on PS All-Stars! I've really enjoyed that game; especially on Vita. Each character really did feel different, unlike Smash Brothers, where you can basically pull the same moves with certain characters. But regardless it didn't quite hold a candle to the Smash Brothers series. 

I tried out SSB on my friend's Switch and so far have only played as Fox and Wolf (of course. They're the two Nintendo characters I actually like). Took me some time to get used to since unlike in PS All Stars, you need to knock your opponent out from the stage and your ultimate attacks don't guarantee an instant kill. I don't know if the overall characters just feel the "same" but I agree that each character in PS All Stars has their own characteristics. Pretty sure I've seen Nate missing his shots on Ratchet while Ratchet didn't even crouch - his short height proved to be an advantage! emoji

I tried out SSB on ny friend's Switch and so far have only played as Fox and Wolf (of course. They're the two Nintendo characters I actually like). Took me some time to get used to since unlike in PS All Stars, you need to knock your opponent out from the stage and your ultimate attacks don't guarantee an instant kill. I don't know if the overall characters just feel the "same" but I agree that each character in PS All Stars has their own characteristics. Pretty sure I've seen Nate missing his shots on Ratchet while Ratchet didn't even crouch - his short height proved to be an advantage! emoji

That's what makes Smash so much better for me. The goal to knock people out of the level based on their damage percentage is much more fun to me than collecting those "supers". It's like playing Smash with 99% damage and then have the Smash Ball spawn every few minutes (which, yes, is something you can do.) If they were going to copy the formula anyway, I would have loved for them to copy all of it. 

I main Fox and Wolf, too! With Falco and ZZ Samus following closely. 

"Star Fox, fire at will!"

It's so satisfying when you hit the ultimate attack just right and see multiple opponents getting knocked out of the platform. Ratchet should do that kind of attack too with his Aphelion. 

"Star Fox, fire at will!"

It's so satisfying when you hit the ultimate attack just right and see multiple opponents getting knocked out of the platform. Ratchet should do that kind of attack too with his Aphelion. 

"Peronally, I prefer the air."

Really, the Landmaster was way cooler in Brawl! filename8.png

So, like, I’ve finally picked up the remastered version of Going Commando (having only played the remaster of the first game... quite a while ago) yesterday.

And a thought struck me today: I’ve never really played GC in the past (disk bugged one of the Electrolyzer sections in Endako, might’ve been copied, it’s been AGES), but what I DO remember is the Maktar Nebula arena battles. And I’m forced to ask myself: weren’t the B2 Brawler projectiles waaaay smaller in the original version? They’re pretty difficult to dodge in the remaster.

Totallynotadesperateattempttorevivethethread

Any of you play Hearts of Iron 4? I'm still quite new but I've had so much fun playing it, especially with the Kaiserreich mod.

Totallynotadesperateattempttorevivethethread

Any of you play Hearts of Iron 4? I'm still quite new but I've had so much fun playing it, especially with the Kaiserreich mod.

I didn't even know there was a Hearts of Iron 3... or 1 for that matter. It looks like an RTS, is it? I've only just played my first of the genre: Halo Wars. I really liked it, but only because it's Halo themed. It's not a genre I will explore further.

But this game looks like a perfect thing for you! With the WW theme.

Yup, it's the kind of strategy game I enjoy. It may seem boring when you're just watching the gameplay video but once you play it, you could get sucked into it for hours.

And about the Kaiserreich mod, I find it interesting because unlike the typical "what if Germany won WW2" alt history fictions, it's about "what if Germany won WW1" and the devs built up a rather deep lore up to 1936 while the rest is up to whatever happens in the game.

Because the soundtrack for the original game was in mono, I took one of my favorite tracks which was Orxon as ratchet and I edited the mono track and made it sound stereo, check it out if you want, I think I did a pretty good job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyLHVs1GmvM

Hey Heather, just saw Deliver Us The Moon trailer on Playstation's Youtube channel. Looking cool!

Thank you!

We just released that trailer for PS4 and Xbox One. I think it's really cool to have it on console. A Switch version's coming later as well. I grew up a Nintendo-kid, so that's sort of a bucketlist thing for me. 

So... how is everyone doing during today's crisis?