Thread: Really Random thread

After my PS3 went all balistic I'm too scared to use it. Its already a miracle I bought 2 DLC's a few months ago. I just don't want my Vita top update every game, show all DLC you can't have in the game itself (Like PS All-Stars). just.. sigh, just give me 2 cardridges.

The only problem I have with PSN is SingStar emoji But okay, I just think that myself I would have 'sacraficed' myself in order to save a lot of money and get some games I couldn't have got before (like FFA and Sly 3). Though the fact they didn't put them all (Sly games) on cartidge is indeed stupid - not everyone can connect their PS Vita to the internet. At least these ports work better than Jak trilogy.

EDIT
Well, I get your point… But what if QfB didn't get it's retail copy in EU? Would you skip it so you can keep your PlayStations free of PSN?

So all 3 Jaks are on one cardridge?

And yes, I would probably have skipped that. When QForce came out I thought that I would have to skip it, luckely I didn't. But still I probably would have.

Wow, that's pretty paranoic to me… Guess you'll have to find another hobby when they'll stop releasing retail games (and I'm affraid at some point they will).

I'm already preparing for the worst. No more retail for me… unless it's Ratchet and Clank or a game that requires a Network Pass or Multiplayer.
Of course this means restraining myself from a few games. I'm araid that if I ever buy TiT my PS3 will implode.

I already decided I won't buy games anymore if the next generation is download-only. Beside being a gamer, I'm also a game collector. An icon on a screen doesn't satisfy me and I will not put down money for it. There's enough hardcopy games and consoles I can stick to.

After my PS3 went all balistic I'm too scared to use it. Its already a miracle I bought 2 DLC's a few months ago. I just don't want my Vita top update every game, show all DLC you can't have in the game itself (Like PS All-Stars). just.. sigh, just give me 2 cardridges.

And I don't do cross-buy because I prefer these:
User image
Over a silly icon on a screen.

emoji

I can see how you would want to do that for the sake of having and looking at the boxes. I must admit, it is great. I love opening up my Xbox box to just marvel at my PS3 collection (You heard that right). But recently I've been leaning towards digital stuff. Always updating things with every chance I get, and trawling through the PlayStation Store for DLC and small downloadable games. 99% of the time it's me just looking though.

But with the recent closure of my beloved Resistance servers I have been made to realise the cruelty of relying on PlayStation servers. They will never be open forever. This was something I feared when I first got addicted to R2 and R3, and now that it's a reality, I really wish I had gotten into PC games…

but PlayStation is so uniform, and the exclusives are to die for. I'll always be stuck with these games.

You can see why though, Playstation needs better servers so we don't get another 2011 fiasco, so they have to cut other stuff. Yes, we have to pay for online now, but it's not like Sony's doing that well.

Oh I totally understand. And the Resistance games, these days are going really poorly. Resistance 3 didn't take off, and the other 2 had faded away.

But it's just one of those situations where you don't know what you have until it is gone, and Resistance was a very big deal to me. Fortunately Fuse has the potential to fill that void… too bad it seems that it has been marked 'bad' by everyone, and the chances of a sequel appear to be very unlikely.

I can see how you would want to do that for the sake of having and looking at the boxes. I must admit, it is great. I love opening up my Xbox box to just marvel at my PS3 collection (You heard that right). But recently I've been leaning towards digital stuff. Always updating things with every chance I get, and trawling through the PlayStation Store for DLC and small downloadable games. 99% of the time it's me just looking though.

I like how a DVD is actually yours. All you need is power to play it. A system breaking, forgetting your password, forgetting your username, Origin/Steam/whatevers servers that go down… problems that don't occur. Its as simple as going to a store, finding what you want and pay the man. Its fun, simple and the only way I want itemoji

Think of it like this:
If any of that happens to you, you can just contact Sony about it (even though it's incredibly hard to forget your username).
If your disc gets scratched/breaks then you can't do anything about it.

EDIT: You can also just take your hard drive out and put it on your new/fixed PS3.

I see all the good points you have, but still I want a copy I own myself. For example, the Xbox 360 uses a cloud for all the concent. When you purchase a DLC, you have to be online to make them work. One day those servers will be closed. And… gone is your DLC. Lucky for us you don't have to expierence that with the PS3, its downloads DLC's straight to your hardrive. However… I'm pretty sure future consoles will have the same problem. But as you can see, I'm opposed to download only. Actually I despise it.

And I haven't even mentioned all of the negatives of download only in general.

Xbox have been pissing everyone off with their online-only policies. PlayStation seem pretty sure they don't want to do that stuff.

I didn't know that if you downloaded stuff onto your 360 you have to be connected to their servers. And the day PlayStation does that I'm switching back to physical media. But until that day, I'm fine with downloading off of PSN and using online services.

What will we do when LBPs servers are closed?

What will we do when LBPs servers are closed?

Sony would have to be in BIG financial crisis to shut off the LBP servers (at least the LBP2 ones) since LBP is pretty much Sony's Super Mario. They'd be getting rid of 90% of the content on one of their most acclaimed games.

…And the day PlayStation does that I'm switching back to physical media. But until that day, I'm fine with downloading off of PSN and using online services.

By that time it might be too late. I think PlayStation 4 will be the last to support hardcopy games.

I personally get a bit of each hard copies and downloads. Though, my downloaded games generally tend to be download-exclusive, smaller in size, or more feasible to obtain than hard copies.
And (to my understanding), when you buy a game on PSN, one account can have multiple copies of a game (e.g. for another console, or to replace a deleted copy) for no extra cost. So that's a plus.