Thread: Hopes for Ratchet and Clank PS4

I'm talking about R&C.
If they change any of the character's personalities or development I'll probably sell all the R&C games written by TJ Fixman I own just out of spite.

It's calling for our secret project, really…

It's calling for our secret project, really…

What are you talking about? Don't you dare answering in front of public! This is what IG had to say on their forums:

It is a re-imagining of Ratchet & Clank (PS2) built from the ground up for PS4. It will include some movie elements/story to tie them together and will also allow us to apply much of the knowledge we have learned since the original released (including, but not limited to, controls, level design, art, animation, storytelling, etc).
It is a re-imagining of Ratchet & Clank (PS2) built from the ground up for PS4. It will include some movie elements/story to tie them together and will also allow us to apply much of the knowledge we have learned since the original released (including storytelling).

User image

Well, it's not really suprising, since it's tied with the movie (written by your favourite TJ Fixman)…

But that's why when they said (movie elements) I wondered if the cutscenes were just movie clips.

Do I have to see this as a second-person version of the movie then?

Depends on which comes first, the game or the movie. Probably the movie.

We all know IG has to release an R&C game every year and the movie only comes out in 2015.
I'm positively sure the game's comming first.

We all know IG has to release an R&C game every year and the movie only comes out in 2015.
I'm positively sure the game's comming first.

No, they said the game is coming out along with the movie (there could be a difference of few days) - 2014 will join 2006 and 2010 as the third year without a new Ratchet & Clank game since the first one was released.

The game can come out in late 2014 and the movie in early 2015.

The short games released each year. I think/hope that this R&C is a bigger project.

Both the movie and game will be available in the first half of 2015.

Fair enough, but may I remind you of Deadlocked HD's european release?

Fair enough, but may I remind you of Deadlocked HD's european release?

I don't get the point… Deadlocked was released later, not earlier than planned…

Basically I don't trust release dates anymore.