Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

If there's anything I found flawed about the movie, it had to be Ratchet & Clank's relationship. They meet, they team up with the galactic rangers, they're automatically BFF. Okay… Other than that, the movie is really good and fan service-y. Though I knew from the start the critics will rip this film a new one just because the story doesn't hold up. But I loved the hell out of this movie, I am going to see it like 5 times in theaters.

This is the time to be alive for Ratchet & Clank fans. Go buy as many tickets as possible, with your Ratchet & Clank drink cups and popcorn bags. This is 'the movie' and it's happening.

do you think non fans will like it

It's probably gonna get mixed-positive reviews from non fans. Probably like a 60%

Ratchet and Clank actually do become insta-BFFs this time around? I was worried that would happen. I didn't want them to be as hostile towards eachother as they were in the original, but I feel like the writer(s) are completely bypassing what could have been good character development in that regard.

*tries not to cry in Indonesian*

Question! Your avatar, is it cropped from the screenshot where all the Rangers are standing next to each other, combat ready? I've been looking all over for a high des version for my desktop. You don't happen to have it, do ya?emoji

Can't agree with you more. Saw a Dutch version of the trailer, and… well… horrible. They didn't even bother to get the translation right:
"Oh, that was terrible" has been translated to "Ooh, dat lucht op" which is NOT right. Come on, people! And in my opinion, they should've stayed with the cast from the games, those voice actors were just fine.

As you can imagine, I'm going to the original, English version. It may not be in 3D like the Dutch version, but I honestly couldn't care less.

I missed this earlier. Sorry 'bou that.

I didn't even know there was a Dutch trailer. Weeiiird! But as you know, our "fantastic" language wasn't made for media. Nothing sounds right! 'Together' will always have a stronger feel than 'samen'. It's so hard to explain, but our language just doesn't sound right. The actors' performances can be better than Angelina Jodie, it will never be better. "Ooh, dat lucht op". Who says that?! Nobody says that! You say 'phew'. So frustrating *sigh

Don't go to the Dutch version, you will die a little inside. I'm guessing you're going to a Pathé? Seems to be one of the few cinemas that have the original version. It's too bad smaller cinemas choose to get the Dutch version in 2D and 3D. Instead of Dutch 3D and English 3D like a few years ago. :/

It also seems like they couldn't decide whether they wanted a Dutch or Belgian dub, so they just mixed them. All males are Dutch, all females a Belgian. I have nothing against Belgian, it has a nice musical flow to it. But Belgian Cora? They never casted so wrong… Dammit Kemna Casting!emoji(

And I missed this earlier. I've been searching the web for a cinema that has the original version, but so far no cinema will be showing the original version. So frustrating!

So I guess I'm gonna go see the Dutch version then. I've handled worse… I think. Nevertheless, I'll buy the movie when it gets released on DVD, then watch the real version. Thank goodness the PS4 game is in English!

I don't believe they used the Dutch voice cast from the games in the movie. But I wouldn't know. I've never played the Dutch version of course!

Noticed this comment whilst browsing through the comments here. Yes, the Dutch voice cast for the games is MUCH better than the cast for the movie. If they had just sticked to the same cast for the movie, it'd be so much better! But they didn't, unfortunately.

My brother went with his class to the cinema and he brought home this:
User image
emojiWHAT?!
The 9th of SEPTEMBER! You must be joking, right? I've waited 3 long years for this movie and now you want me to wait 4 extra months?! emoji
And they also gave it a dumb subtitle that literally translates to "Knights of the galaxy"…
User image
I contacted those guys from Cinema City and on the 4th of March they sent me an email telling me it was coming out on the 6th of May… Liars!
I just hope this is just a big misunderstanding, although I doubt it… emoji

(Those folks at Duolingo better quickly finish building the Romanian course) What? "Knights of the Galaxy"? Why would someone give such subtitles? And May 9th? Congrats, just some extra weeks to go!

PS: After some browsing, turns out that the movie IS COMING SOON here! But it's released by a different cinema company. Which means, I may be unable to watch it here in Bogor, but I could watch it in other big cities like Jakarta and Bandung! Yeah!

Proof: https://www.cgvblitz.com/en/movies/detail_comingsoon/MOV2806

I saw the movie today in an early screening that you could win tickets for. Turns out that I went there, told them I won and they just let me in without asking for proof not even my name!
Anyway the movie is great. There are a few downsides but most I notice because I am a fan. Overall the movie should be enjoyable by kids but I think the deep meenings it has are more understanable by adults. One of the downsides thought was the dub. It was not bad just kind of not interesting enough. Elaris,Nefarious,Victor and Grim are pretty good. Clank's voice is robotic but TOO much. The rest of the cast is not that great.
The movie doesn't look that low budget by the way.

Looks like none of my local cinemas will be showing the movie. There's one that might be, but the 29th of April [the release date in the UK] is as far ahead as their scheduling lets me look, and it seems they won't have it on release day. If it turns out the won't be showing it, I hope I don't have to travel too far to see it…..

And May 9th? Congrats, just some extra weeks to go!

No, you misunderstood. About two months ago they told me it was coming in cinemas on the 6th of May, but apparently they postponed it to the 9th of September… I have no idea why. emoji

Movie comes out on May 5th over here and from the trailers I've seen the dub is… less than stellar, which is weird because usually the dub in the games is pretty good (well, not exactly, it's been getting worse with each game, but at least it's acceptable).
It's also pretty weird because movie dubs over here are usually great, and I even prefer some movies dubbed over the original, but R&C's is just blegh. I guess that's what happens to a niche film not made by a big studio.
I'll just wait for the Blu-Ray release.

And May 9th? Congrats, just some extra weeks to go!

No, you misunderstood. About two months ago they told me it was coming in cinemas on the 6th of May, but apparently they postponed it to the 9th of September… I have no idea why. emoji

Ooops, sorry. My mistake. Well, hope you could stay patient with the delay. emoji

And I missed this earlier. I've been searching the web for a cinema that has the original version, but so far no cinema will be showing the original version. So frustrating!

Any Pathé will have a 2D English version. emoji

……….

September 9, wut? That is insanely late. Might as well get a DVD from the UK. Cause that might just release earlier. emoji

Hey, Rock Lombax! I invite you to Indonesia! Movies here aren't usually dubbed. Lots of them still use English, only oftenly with Indonesian subtitles. Besides, if we're lucky, they might release it between end of April until May. But eh, your call. That calendar might be wrong, though!