Thread: The Star Wars Thread

But it's in the episode, yeah?

I can't wait for this one to release overseas! (Ha! I think the artist used the image of my avatar for a reference)

User image

Uh, "Sergeant" Jyn Erso? And is she holding a…darksaber? I realize toys have to include more than what they have, but come on–dig a little deeper than lightsabers!

Eh, I shouldn't complain: they gave Rebels-Maul a missile launcher…because that makes sense. emoji

Uh, "Sergeant" Jyn Erso? And is she holding a…darksaber? I realize toys have to include more than what they have, but come on–dig a little deeper than lightsabers!

Eh, I shouldn't complain: they gave Rebels-Maul a missile launcher…because that makes sense. emoji

That's not a Dark/Lightsaber, those are the pole thingies she carries on her back. ^^

As for Sergeant, I never really got that either. All Erso merchandise is labeled 'Sergeant'. But I don't remember Mothma (or anyone) giving her a rank within the Rebel Alliance.

*this 'pole thingy'
User image

Oh, I see. She never really used that in the film, but I know there were alot of changes made: that epic scene where they ran toward the walkers? Didn't happen.

There were soooo many scenes cut or replaced. Almost 80% of the trailer never made it into the movie (But that was Marketing being an ar$e). But… the epic Vader scene. The epic Vader scene, was one of the reshoots. So must all have been for the better. emoji

Heck yeah! But I also heard that Jyn and Cassain were supposed to survive, so…that didn't happen either emoji

True that. But, I thought the ending was very fitting. If

they'd survived, it would have felt weird and deus ex machina'ish. At least, if they were going for the same vibe the movie ended up with. I love the ending as it was and it made me love Erso that much more emoji

One thing I love about Rogue One is that it has a moral to it: "Trust goes both ways." Whether it's Chirrut saying "I'm one with the force, the force is with me," or Jyn's mom saying "trust the force," the real value of trust comes into play when Jyn and Cassian believe in each other to help fight–and win–all the way to the end.

No other Star Wars movie has ever attempted giving a life lesson or a moral for their movies. Rogue One is the first.

Well, not as strong anyway. One of the subjects in the prequels I like is their their view on the Dark Side. About fear and hate and jealousy. Leading to suffering. But suppresing those emotions doesn't mean you fixed them. Facing them and controlling them is what leads to serenity. emoji

Just went to Rogue One a second time! Gotta love my home town cinema, had an almost-private screening. T'was me, my friend and 5 other people. Until 3 dissappeared after the halfway break. I guess they weren't enjoying it?

Anyway, watching it twice made it all the better! I actually caught the "General Sendulla (I apologize if I spelled it wrong) report to the comm center". And the ending hurt all the more.

Obviously I was in tears over Jyn's climactic end, but I had forgotten about Leia's short appereance. And mourned for Carrie Fisher once again.

But the credits is right after that and the lights turned on. "What happened to your face?!" my friend asks.

"I'm crying, ok?!"

User image

Good for you–when I saw it a second time, I took 2 friends to see it with me…and they hated it. And all the complaints were unjustified, like: "Why are they going back to the death star?" "Where is Old Luke?" "Why did everyone die?" "Where's the opening crawl?"
I mean seriously–this whole movie IS the opening crawl of A New Hope! And this is AFTER I explained to them that this is a prequel.
They were literally the only people in the theater who hated the movie emoji

Really? That's just painful to listen toemoji
This was my friends first Star Wars movie, actually, and she really loved it. I gave her zero background knowledge, so it was all vanilla. Now she wants to see the others movies too!

Speaking of the opening crawl, I figured it out! Sort of, maybe, a little. What if the entire part with Young Jyn Erso is the opening crawl. But visually!
I prefer your interpreation though, the whole movie being A New Hope's intro.

Good for you–when I saw it a second time, I took 2 friends to see it with me…and they hated it. And all the complaints were unjustified, like: "Why are they going back to the death star?" "Where is Old Luke?" "Why did everyone die?" "Where's the opening crawl?"
I mean seriously–this whole movie IS the opening crawl of A New Hope! And this is AFTER I explained to them that this is a prequel.
They were literally the only people in the theater who hated the movie emoji

Lesson learnt: try to do a little research before watching a movie emoji

How can you not love this?!

User image

How can you not love this?!

User image

Rogue One in a nutshell:

User image

This movie, it's so good! I think my top-Star Wars goes:

8. Phantom Menace
7. Clone Wars
6. Revenge