Thread: Should Ratchet & Clank Be Open World?

Wait, where is the change between your expectations and the trailer?

When the trailer came, I saw, that these worlds doesn't look as pretty as I imagined them, nor they look as fun to explore. And I realized the only thing I can build are some barriers and turrets in two tunnels… Basicly, I imagined FFA as something short, but way more epic than it turned out to be.

Honestly if FFA wasn't a tower defense game I think it could've been really cool since the game could've reworked its levels to fit a more traditional R&C game.
Also maybe if your turrets could actually stand on their own the game could be fun too.

I dont play FFA with turrets. I want to upgrade all my weapons as powerful as they get. That doesnt work so well in snowy-ebaro. emoji

Honestly if FFA wasn't a tower defense game I think it could've been really cool since the game could've reworked its levels to fit a more traditional R&C game.
Also maybe if your turrets could actually stand on their own the game could be fun too.

Honestly, FFA shouldn't exist in a first place. If they only put all their effort in one, big ItN with additional competetive mode…

I dont play FFA with turrets. I want to upgrade all my weapons as powerful as they get. That doesnt work so well in snowy-ebaro. emoji

You couldn't do it even if you wanted to explore the levels.
When playing FFA last year I found that the levels were actually quite fun until I was constantly interrupted by base invasions…

Honestly, FFA shouldn't exist in a first place. If they only put all their effort in one, big ItN with additional competetive mode…

Well that's basically what I said except it being not sold seperately emoji

Eh, I just glitch LAB.

It's just that… Nothing in FFA seems complete. Campaing's just an additional mission type (like Ranger missions in UYA) on it's own and while multiplayer is indeed quite fun… 3 maps? Max. 4 players? 1 MODE? Yeah, there were updated, but it is still much less massive than UYA, that apparently had a better campaing at the same time.

Enough of criticism.
Time for ideas.

Enough of criticism.
Time for ideas.

Build a time-machine and prevent IG from making FFA.

Ratchet and Clank being open-world? Why not? Imagine exploring Metropolis or Hoolefar. That'd be awesome. As long as they don't make it similiar to GTA. And inter-galactical travel would be nice.

Enough of criticism.
Time for ideas.

I've already said that I'd basically like the first Jak and Daxter with guns.

Ratchet and Clank being open-world? Why not? Imagine exploring Metropolis or Hoolefar. That'd be awesome. As long as they don't make it similiar to GTA. And inter-galactical travel would be nice.

R&C will never be like GTA - it's about exploring different planets, so they can't throw all their work in just one level. That's why I don't think TPL is a good example Darksta…

I think we need a balance between three types of ground levels: linear (explore in one direction the whole time), multi-linear (explore in more than one direction, as is most levels), and non-linear (explore everywere at your leisure.

As for non, ground-levels, let's get some racing, ship combat, area battles, and Clank missions back in the mix!

I think we need a balance between three types of ground levels: linear (explore in one direction the whole time), multi-linear (explore in more than one direction, as is most levels), and non-linear (explore everywere at your leisure.

As for non, ground-levels, let's get some racing, ship combat, area battles, and Clank missions back in the mix!

Except they can't make more than an handful of levels because of either budget or staff.

R&C will never be like GTA - it's about exploring different planets, so they can't throw all their work in just one level. That's why I don't think TPL is a good example Darkstar…

Why not?
Jak and Daxter isn't exactly like GTA, after certain points you have to get onto your Zoomer to go to a different area.

Why not?
Jak and Daxter isn't exactly like GTA, after certain points you have to get onto your Zoomer to go to a different area.

Hm… Well, if the levels were to be like the portions of worlds in Jak, then why not…

Isnt this ps4 game supposed to be high budget? I think they can do it.