Thread: The Emperor & The Pirates

I don't think Tachyon would agree with that.

But I could see Nefaious double crossing him and turning the Cragmites into robots. Maybe we could fight a robo-Tachyon… or Tachyon would just fight Nefarious.

Guys, guys.
Nefarious and Errol!

Errol made a bad choice with the Dark Precursors, so I could see him doing it again with Nefarious.

Winning crossover villain team there!

Errol made a bad choice with the Dark Precursors, so I could see him doing it again with Nefarious.

Winning crossover villain team there!

Now we just need a winning crossover video game…

User image

Call me crazy but…

Ratchet & Clank help save Jak and Daxter's world from Nefarious and Errol?

Nefarious is trying to harness the power of Dark Eco to make really strong robots and stuff. Errol thinks Nefarious is a Dark Precursor, and will give him power or something.

I think the only problem with this would be how the gameplay works.
In the perfect world, Ratchet and Jak both control like they do in their respectve games and you'd be able to change between the two on the fly to do some really sweet combos in combat and platforming. But doing that would require completely changing the game's coding every time the player presses a button because of the way each character plays like, and that would probably be very hard to do…

dude great opinion people have waited for a jak and ratchet cross over but just work on the storyemoji

they could of made all 3 but sadly cant because of slys annomation

they could of made all 3 but sadly cant because of slys annomation

My crossover idea:
The Terrans, led by Keith T. Maxwell (Galaxy on Fire 2), fought a war against the joint robot and Cragmite army, helped by the Lombaxes, Markazians, and Space Rangers

I think the only problem with this would be how the gameplay works.
In the perfect world, Ratchet and Jak both control like they do in their respectve games and you'd be able to change between the two on the fly to do some really sweet combos in combat and platforming. But doing that would require completely changing the game's coding every time the player presses a button because of the way each character plays like, and that would probably be very hard to do…

I know what you mean. And I think that they could probably achieve it pretty well.

I think these problems all come from the physics that the games are trying to apply to objects. All games have their own way of doing this, and their own special code. So literally combining 2 games is actually a very tough challenge. The best way to do this is grab the more capable game engine (Ratchet & Clank) and add the Jak and Daxter character, and many remade Jak assets into the game as well.

The art style would need some tweaking, but I think it is very doable.

STORY

Talwyn contacts Ratchet & Clank, and tells them that they've found Nefarious. All they know from intercepting his transmissions, is that he's posing as something called a "Dark Precursor". That's enough to make R&C to grab Qwark and head for the planet where the transmission originated from. An uncharted planet on the fringe of the galaxy, that is home to three factions of creatures: Humans, Lurkers and Hora-Quan (known on this planet as Metal Heads). After being shot down by Metal Heads, they fight through to a peaceful Lurker Village, where they explain themselves to the Head tribesman, who then suggests them to seek out a great mythical warrior called "Orange Lightning" and his sidekick who they forget the name of.

And so they go on, and eventually Jak and Daxter join the team, and they need to stop Nefarious and Errol one more time. As well as this, Samos and Keira help Clank understand the risks of repairing the Demensionator to help Ratchet find the Lombaxes, while the heroes (and Qwark) are working on figuring out more on the history of the Metal Heads and Precursors on a galactic scale. This leads them to discovering several ruined worlds, and finally the real Dark Precursors. Of course Dr. N will not let the real precursors be the final boss.

A problem with just using the R&C engine and slapping Jak and Daxter characters onto it is that it won't be the same because they're two different games.
Jak and Daxter is a platformer, therefore its controls are more platform-y with stiff jumping and turning controls.
Ratchet & Clank is a TPS, so its controls are smoother because they're made mainly to avoid attacks and move around the battlefield, not platforming. That's why Ratchet's jump is so floaty and he has pratically no momentum when moving.

The J&D art style is not that hard to change so it looks more Ratchet & Clank like. Make his head bigger, his ears smaller, give him different eyes and a different nose.

R&C always used "special hero states", which allw the player to abandon Ratchet for another controllable object. This is used for Clank, races, disguises and vehicles. Jak could be one of these.

And they can make Jak control more stiff as he is too.