Thread: Armour in R&C PS4

In the recent game play that was released, during the fight with the Blargian Snagglebeast Ratchet was wearing some pretty darn good looking armour, which is interesting as I seem to remember that the first R&C didn't feature any armour?

Do you think the armour will function similar to that found in other R&C titles? (essentially just spend some bolts to look cool and get a straightforward damage reduction).

Any ideas for what types of armour may be up for purchase?

On an different note, I noticed that we had an official thread for R&C PS4 - is the game going to get it's own subfourm at some point as well?

I'm guessing the armour is just going to be a special unlockable which you can turn on or off whenever you like. If not, I think it's a little weird that it's the only armour they've shown so far. You'd think they'd stick to the pilot suit.
Also, in the trailer Ratchet fights the Snagglebeast in the pilot suit, but in the gameplay previews he fights it with his Galactic Ranger armour.

I'm guessing the armour is just going to be a special unlockable which you can turn on or off whenever you like

Do you reckon it will be cosmetic only then?

in the trailer Ratchet fights the Snagglebeast in the pilot suit, but in the gameplay previews he fights it with his Galactic Ranger armour.

Interesting, I didn't notice that in the trailer.

I would think it will be what Darkstar said. He wears that armor sometime in the movie, so I think it's probably just there to tie in with the film.

I don't think the armors will just exist for cosmetic purposes. They'll do what they always have: keep you alive a little longer in a fight. As for what type of armors there'll be in the game…maybe they'll include some fan-favorites as well since that's what they're doing for weapons?

What ever type of armors they use, I hope they don't go for the same appearance as the ACiT armors. I liked the bulkier armors in the other games.

maybe they'll include some fan-favorites as well since that's what they're doing for weapons?

Hmm, or maybe they'll come p with some brand new suits seen as the original game had ratchet going around in pretty much only his shorts emoji.

I liked the bulkier armors in the other games.

Like in deadlocked? I actually liked the AciT armours but I can see why you'd prefer something more substantial.

Ratchet looked too big in Deadlocked, thanks to his armor.

maybe they'll include some fan-favorites as well since that's what they're doing for weapons?

Hmm, or maybe they'll come p with some brand new suits seen as the original game had ratchet going around in pretty much only his shorts emoji.

I liked the bulkier armors in the other games.

Like in deadlocked? I actually liked the AciT armours but I can see why you'd prefer something more substantial.

Ha, too true.

I meant armors more resembling GC, UYA, and ToD. ACiT armor just seemed to…sleek, I guess? Saying I didn't like the ACIT armor isn't really accurate. I liked it, but it's more like I didn't prefer it as much.

I hope that there will be an FSA (definetly stands for Friendly Super Armor, and not Friging Strong Armor), and I wonder what will it look like.

FSA armour

Is that actually thing?