Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Comic (SPOILERS)

Deleted user

The main topic for the 'Ratchet & Clank Comic series' emoji I decided to make separate topics for the issues as they come (so people can freely discuss the comics events AND give their own little reviews inside of the topic, to avoid this main topic from becoming clustered))

Topic for Issue 1 CLICK HERE
Topic for Issue 2 CLICK HERE
Topic for Issue 3 CLICK HERE
Topic for Issue 4 CLICK HERE
Topic for Issue 5 CLICK HERE
Topic for Issue 6 CLICK HERE

(SPOILERS!!!)

Issue 1 : Releases on 9th of September
User imageUser image User image User imageUser image User imageUser imageUser image
"The best-selling Sony franchise finally becomes an action-packed comic!
With Dr. Nefarious defeated and the universe safe, galactic heroes Ratchet and Clank return to the Solana galaxy for some well-earned rest and relaxation. But when entire planets begin disappearing from the universe without a trace, Galactic President Qwark calls them back into action to solve the mystery. As the rest of the universe erupts in panic, the duo must embark on an epic adventure that will pit them against their most capable adversary to date: a Markazian planet thief named Artemis Zogg!"

Issue 2 : Releases on 20th of October
User image
Ratchet and Clank's first run-in with Markazian planet-thief Artemis Zogg has landed them in a maximum security penitentiary. But this prison is one puzzle that even Clank is having trouble figuring out! Can this dynamo duo escape the confines of this ruthless lockdown before another planet is stolen?

Issue 3 : Releases on 17th of November
User image
Artemis Zogg's planet-stealing agenda is about to be challenged by the vaunted Galactic Rangers. But do they stand a chance against this brazen ex-bureaucrat? Are Ratchet and Clank prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice if they're not successful? Find out as the origin of Zogg and Qwark's role in creating this entire mess is revealed!

Issue 4 : Releases on 15th of December
User image
Ratchet and Clank are faced with a tough decision. Do they turn themselves in to Zogg and face certain death – or doom Veldin to destruction? Opting for the former, they hatch a desperate plan that could throw an Omniwrench in Zogg's galaxy-conquering plans!

Issue 5 :
User image
Ratchet and Clank’s desperate gamble to save Veldin and the entire galaxy meets with partial success, except they find themselves hunted on a frozen planet for the key to the entire Helios Project – an ancient comet shard. Can the pair survive long enough to use the shard to put the galaxy right?!

Issue 6 :
User image
Read Plot here (Spoilers!): http://www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/comics/?cm=17027

So, what do you guys think?

The only main complaint I have is that I don't really care for the art style, at least for Ratchet. Clank however, looks adorable and I want to hug him to death.

However, I do have a small nitpick:

I do wish they handled the Nefarious thing a bit better than just having 'Lawrence indeed did teleport him before he crashed' thing. It's kinda meh to me. To be frank, as egotistically as it sounds, I think I handled it much better in fanfic.

But the good thing is that other than we know that he's alive, we know nothing else. His location, stats, if he's still a brainless radio, all aren't said. Just that we know that he's alive.

Again, I'm just nitpicking, but other than I'm looking forward to this comic. Hopefully the story will be good enough to get me to bypass the artwork. I already got a few laughs here.

Deleted user

Well I don't actually mind the art style, it's still nice looking to me, just very different to what I was expecting though, especially for Ratchet emoji (Smaller ears, and my BF reckons Ratchet looks too young) but I agree, Clank is cute looking in this style X3

And well I was instantly not that fond of the President Qwark idea, it just seems so random but now that I know he's the president of Polaris… makes more sense, maybe all the Chimp-o-Matic victims voted for him XD? jk

And yes….

I was rather stunned about the Nefarious being alive thing too, though I'm not angry or hyper about it of course. But it does seem kinda cheap… but we don't know Neffy's current state neither so who knows what could happen now with him… XD
Deleted user

I'm sort of in the nitpick range too, but not too much really. Sort of in the middle range I guess. I didn't expect the art style to be completely different compared to the one on the cover, which therefore really threw me off there. The art style is quite unique and calming, but I don't think it's something I would be pretty inspired right away.

However, I do like what the comic is like so far, with it's quirky atmosphere and dialogue that has the same vibe as in the games. I also like how each panel is presented with eye catching perspective and a light whimsical colour scheme. Did I also mention how adorable Clank looks in this comic? He's just too cute in this! emoji

I think there are things in the comic that can be enjoyable so far, but unfortunately there are a couple of things that kind of disappointed me with these beginning pages…

1. The whole "Lawrence probably teleported Nefarious before the crash" scenario felt a bit cheap to be honest. I know that was probably the only way that could of been told with Nefarious might be alive and all, but seriously… that felt like a big slap in the face there. Oh well, at least we aren't aware about what Nefarious and Lawrence are up to now in this comic.

2. Ratchet's design in this comic is sort of "meh". There are some panels that he looks nice and charming in, but there are other moments where he looks kind of distorted and funny looking… in a bad way (Like SweetT's icon for instance). On the plus side, the small ears and young appearance are quite unique on Ratchet since he does have a young attitude in the games after all, even in the future games too. I think Ratchet's design in the comic is something you really have to get used to, just like the big black bushy eyebrows on Japanese Ratchet. emoji

I think the comic is good so far, but not entirely "I want to get it right now!" kind of mood. Sometimes I can be kind of skeptical about any graphic novels, comic books or mangas that turn out in the final results.

On last and final note, I find it very strange that how the Ratchet and Clank comic first starts off is something I had in mind after finishing A Crack in Time. Kind of surprising there if you ask me… emoji

Deleted user

Well yeah true, Ratchet's design is just something you'd have to get used to but I'm rather open to many art styles, especially if it isn't yet another anime type of style XD

But yeah I do like it so far, though I'd like to see more, like the new villain and who else may appear… quite excited about it! And it's not that expencive, just hope it's easy to import.

Deleted user
Well yeah true, Ratchet's design is just something you'd have to get used to but I'm rather open to many art styles, especially if it isn't yet another anime type of style XD

But yeah I do like it so far, though I'd like to see more, like the new villain and who else may appear… quite excited about it! And it's not that expencive, just hope it's easy to import.

Thank goodness for that! I don't think I can handle the Anime style these days. emoji

As for the villain Artemis Zogg, I really want to know what he's like. With a name like that, I picture some pretty boy with a egoistic personality that can be pretty threatening to come across to. Kind of like Tachyon, but with a Markazian body emoji . I guess we have to wait 'til after September to find that out.

Deleted user

I picture some pretty boy with a egoistic personality that can be pretty threatening to come across to.

Lol that seems kinda like Ace to me XD jk
But yeah, I don't think it'll be revealed til it actually releases anyway. But I do wonder if the Planet-Stealing is in Solana or Polaris… probably Polaris, which is kinda disapointing since I wanted to see a bit more of Solana again :P

Deleted user
I picture some pretty boy with a egoistic personality that can be pretty threatening to come across to.

Lol that seems kinda like Ace to me XD jk
But yeah, I don't think it'll be revealed til it actually releases anyway. But I do wonder if the Planet-Stealing is in Solana or Polaris… probably Polaris, which is kinda disapointing since I wanted to see a bit more of Solana again :P

Come to think of it, I think the "pretty boy scenario" would probably fit Ace a bit more, but anyways, I'll shut up and stay into topic.

As for the Planet Stealing scheme that Artemis is doing, I hope he is taking planets in other galaxies other than just Polaris. Polaris is becoming a bit boring to me at this point since the Future games had their settings set in Polaris mostly. So I really like to see something new and different this time, whether it is this comic or just the next Ratchet game.

I really do wish some new galaxies or even some recognizable ones like Solana or Bogan would be mentioned in the comic at least.

Deleted user

Hmm yeah true, they could be stolen from multiple galaxies, which would make it more interesting emoji maybe even the 'mentioned' galaxies, such as Kavorian, Thyrullian and Sunitrope 7, lol.

I do wonder what happened with Talwyn, Cronk and Zephyr too… :P

Deleted user

Perhaps Tawlyn and those senile bots might be mentioned or even make an appearance in this comic since both Artemis and Tawlyn are the same species. It would be neat if both Talwyn and Artemis does have a connection with one another… perhaps anything that would relate to Max Apogee maybe? emoji

Deleted user

Yeah, I was thinking about that… since there isn't many Markazians in the series, nor is much known about them. But it will be neat if there is more about them revealed emoji especially since I have a Markazian character and I'm not even sure if male Markazians have tails or not XD

Nothing in this video that we already don't know, but if you skip to 5:30, you can see that I (sorta emoji )advertised Ratchet Galaxy and the Starship Phoenix! http://bit.ly/ccd486

Oh, and if you have really slow internet and can't view YouTube videos, link to the image is right here. It's going to take some time to decode it, but finding out this means is worth it!

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9841/pic9b.png

The only probelm I have with it is the artwork on Ratchet, but other then that, it's looks good.

I LOVE the fifth page, specally what Ratchet said after he meets Qwark.

"I changed my mind! turn 'em off!"

but what surprize me more is that

Ratchet said that he and Clank are retired.
Deleted user
Oh, and if you have really slow internet and can't view YouTube videos, link to the image is right here. It's going to take some time to decode it, but finding out this means is worth it!

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9841/pic9b.png

I translated your image:

All we need now is a movie

Zoni font coming soon

Provided by www.Starship-phoenix.com

Deleted user
The only probelm I have with it is the artwork on Ratchet, but other then that, it's looks good.

I LOVE the fifth page, specally what Ratchet said after he meets Qwark.

"I changed my mind! turn 'em off!"

but what surprize me more is that

Ratchet said that he and Clank are retired.

Yeah, I don't really understand why Ratchet said that, unless he was just being sarcastic or so, since he is talking with Qwark, afterall emoji but yeah it is kinda odd.