Thread: Are You Into FPS Games?

If you want realistic games so much, then this isn't the place for you. Unless you're here to troll, just calm down and enjoy yourself. Just because a game doesn't have a multitude of blood, guts, guns and grittyness, it doesn't make it any worse. I mean, for alot of people, if they wanted that stuff, all they have to do is walk outside!
For alot of people, games that aren't realistic are a means of escape from their normal life. Take World of Warcraft for example (I've never actually played this XD). Millions of people in Korea play that all the time, because life in Korea, in general, sucks. Heck, millions of people around the WORLD play that AS their life O.o

That's a pretty extreme example of why people like to play non-realistic games, but that's the gist of it. And some companies prefer to make non-realistic games, because they aren't then bound by reality and have alot more artistic freedom. They don't just have to copy things, they can make stuff up! Which is why I love RaC, it has all these wacky weapons that just wouldn't work in real life :P

i just read what my friends said on this (note to self: don't use the same password for your online accounts) and well sorry if they caused any trouble and personally i don't care about what i play i just enjoy a game for what it is.

The only first person shooters I ever play is modern warfare.

I don't got no authority emoji
But please get along, we're all friends here, aren't we?

Anyways, I do enjoy FPS's, I find great delight in stepping into someone else's shoes for a few hours and doing things in their pixelated world that either a) I can't do in real life, or b) I don't want to do in real life. I got into the FPS genre about a year ago, with Battlefield: Bad Company.

Btw, to the guy who mentioned blood and guts, not all FPS's have gritty depicitations of violence.

I don't got no authority emoji
But please get along, we're all friends here, aren't we?

Anyways, I do enjoy FPS's, I find great delight in stepping into someone else's shoes for a few hours and doing things in their pixelated world that either a) I can't do in real life, or b) I don't want to do in real life. I got into the FPS genre about a year ago, with Battlefield: Bad Company.

Btw, to the guy who mentioned blood and guts, not all FPS's have gritty depicitations of violence.

Oh, I know not all FPS have blood and guts :P I was just using that as an example because that's generally what all those war FPS have (blood mainly). And I've come across a fair few people who judge a game by how much blood it has O.o

I've tried the Bf BC 2 beta multiplayer, and tried Black Ops at my friends house, And i find most Fps's lack gameplay.Sure, i understand most people play it to get excited and such.But I'd rather pefer playing A fuzzy Alien, carring a heckload of weapons with the firepower to flatten an entire galaxy, then an soldier that isn't that bulletproof and can only carry two guns.

Just to make a note, i do like FPs's like Half Life and Fallout. Tough I'm counting Fallout more like a FPRPG that happens to be centred about using guns and grenades instead of swords and magic

For the most part, I enjoy FPS shooters,but only with friends.There are a bunch of hackers who always find ways to cheat in the most frustrating ways possible.emoji(

Anyway, I play Call of Duty and Halo, but those are the only FPS shooters that I've actually experienced and played throughly.

At least Halo is a sci-fi shooter, so the graphics aren't 100% gritty and realistic.

Ok I will admit I like and thoroughly enjoy games like Call of Duty. The goal isn't Only to shoot people. Sometimes you need to use stealth,which I like.

Besides,I like an even balance between fantasy and realism. And at least Call of Duty,especially Modern Warfare,has a interesting story and interesting characters and some legitimate drama.

Overall,I don't think Call of Duty isnt' nearly as bad as everyone says it is. It has variety. Give it a try and see if you think the same. emoji

Only FPS game I have really liked is Battlefield 2 (no, it doesn't have blood) because of its variety in gameplay. In what other FPS you can go from CS-style close quarters infantry battle to open-terrain tank warfare or to flying jets or attack choppers on the sky, all in the same map? Add 200m+ sniping (up to 600m on some maps) to that and you get why I find it variable. And then if you don't like something (jets bombing your tank or tanks killing you while you're on foot), just change the map to one that doesn't have jets, choppers or tanks or any of them.

Then again, it doesn't apply to all of the FPS players since it doesn't have any blood nor any more gore than ragdoll physics making bodies fly 100-feet-high when under artillery strike. That also leads to some hilarious situations like people back-flipping when they get shot to the head and killed.

But everyone of my friends and classmates who has played BF2 still finds it the best FPS game they have played, just because of its variety.
Even its graphics aren't that bad for a 2005-made game.

User image User image

On the other hand, I hope Battlefield 3 isn't screwed up by being too much like the other FPS's (like Call of Duty) nowadays.