Thread: A4O Worst Ratchet and Clank game yet?

Just so you know A4O and FFA aren't really spin offs. The story was 100% cannon, and therefore they are booth a part of the series. The gameplay was just totally different, this does not make them spin offs.

The only thing wrong with FFA was that it was short really. Hardly makes it a let down does it? I think it's a great game (I have only played the trial though)

The tower defense elements seemed to work with most fans, but I'm sure it wont stick around for the next game. It was just a good little change for a good little game.

As for Insomniac on Vita? Insomniac say they have no plans at all for touching the Vita. If Sony want a Vita version they get another developer to do it, because Insomniac don't have the ability to work on Vita, as they are fully focused on creating big games for the PS3. So Sony are getting Tin Giant to do it. Insomniac are making the game, Tin Giant are making it run on the Vita, simple as that.

Yeah but IG have a history of staying on the main consoles. They didn't produce the PSP R&C games or the PSP/Vita Resistance games. I don't think they've ever produced a game for a handheld console

Nope. Disruptor and the first three Spyro games were on PSOne, the first four Ratchet & Clank games were on PS2, the rest of the R&C series and numbered Resistance games were on PS3, and then Fuse will be on PS3 and 360.

Just felt like listing all the Insomniac games. <_< Though I wish they did handheld titles. Size Matters could have been so much more. Though I did really liked SAC, so I think HIG could do well if they took a crack at the series again.

Just so you know A4O and FFA aren't really spin offs. The story was 100% cannon, and therefore they are booth a part of the series. The gameplay was just totally different, this does not make them spin offs.

Honestly that all depends on how you define a spin-off.

And besides that, spin-offs can be canonical. Fallout Tactics, for example, is canonical to the rest of the Fallout series, albeit in broad strokes.

And I wanna argue that every Pokemon game is canonical (save for the TCG video game, maybe) but there's no confirmation on that. <_< In my head canon they're all canonical. >_>

But radical changes in gameplay do fall under "spin-off" territory. A4O is a spin-off, as far as gameplay is concerned, in my opinion. I did enjoy A4O quite a bit, however. Though I don't consider FFA's changes to be different enough to but it into spin-off status.

First off I think you meant Yep, rather than nope. What you said proved Red Dragon's point to be correct. Insomniac do stick to the big consoles.

And you are kind of right about the whole spin-off thing. After looking it up on Wikipedia you could consider A4O and FFA spin-offs, in a gameplay sort of way. But unlike SAC, the stories are in the same universe and set the scene for the next game. So the stories of the two games are certainly not spin-offs, but the gameplay is different from the usual Ratchet & Clank formula therefore the gameplay was what made the games sort of like spin-offs…

To be honest I don't see that as a valid reason really. Because FFA took place after A4O and whatever they make next will come after FFA, you are suggesting that they are spin-offs therefore every Ratchet & Clank game from now on will be a spin off, unless they rewind the clock to ACiT and make a game set there, which wouldn't make any sense to me.

I'm over thinking it. You can ignore the games but they aren't spin-offs (I like the way I changed my mind while typing this out emoji )

At first when I found out that this game had multiplayer campaign I thought , All right! This games gonna be awesome! Then I played it…emoji Lets just say , I dont plan on replaying it. It just didnt feel like a R&C game . It even had less weapons then normal and the RYNO isnt as "epic" as it usually is , I like the mech but it has " no " ammo. I was a beautiful looking game but it wasnt that good . ( And I dont like the new ratchet design )

I got kinda used to the new design, but I'm still glad they are slowly going back to where they were with Nexus.

I got kinda used to the new design, but I'm still glad they are slowly going back to where they were with Nexus.

Its the 'slowly' part im not getting, why not go back to ACiT grpahics completely, why this inbetween FFA and ACiT thing.

It still looks good, but since ItN is part of the Future series it would be nice :P

Its the 'slowly' part im not getting, why not go back to ACiT grpahics completely, why this inbetween FFA and ACiT thing.

It still looks good, but since ItN is part of the Future series it would be nice :P

They just don't want to change back what they have changed already. As much as I don't like it Insomniacs are calling it "Ratchet's evolution", wich means the new desings are step forward their opinion and they are not willing to change it.

They just don't want to change back what they have changed already. As much as I don't like it Insomniacs are calling it "Ratchet's evolution", wich means the new desings are step forward their opinion and they are not willing to change it.

When they did the ToD and then ACiT graphics it felt like the series was maturing with its fans, which was really awesome.

A4O was a massive step back IMO, but for some reason i just loved FFA :L

ItN is a small step in the right direction for me…but just a small step

In my opinion Gladiator is the worst of the series so far and A4O would come second on my list.

In my opinion Gladiator is the worst of the series so far and A4O would come second on my list.

Deadlocked? Why emoji

Deadlocked? Why emoji

It was completely different to the previous three games and the weapons were different aswell.It didn't have much humour either.Basically the whole game was based in a arena

A4O was great actually… Not as stunning as the future series but still.
I think I already said that before.

Deadlocked? Why emoji

It was completely different to the previous three games and the weapons were different aswell.It didn't have much humour either.Basically the whole game was based in a arena

*Looks at Dallas and weapon mods*

Now that I think of it A4O was pretty terrible but I wouldn't say it's the worst game of the series,I'd say Secret Agent Clank was.