Thread: #RatchetClankMemories 2013

Okay, have some of mine:

RaC: There are just some things I remember from this game. Namely the sewer escape. Since this I always hated time and 'run-away' challenges and levels. Next is Drek. We almost never managed to defeat him. My mom and brother were taking rounds. Then my mom said it can't be done without RYNO and that was it. Nearly. At some point later, I found out I could rack up bolts in Hoverboard races. The rest of the family was leaving the house for the afternoon at the time, and my bro said "So when we'll return, you'll have RYNO." That scumbag! Of course I didn't manage that, and I even cried, but two or three days later I bought it. There was a little tinge of disappoointment when we realized it doesn't wipe everything on-screen. We didn't manage to defeat Drek even with that. Oh my… Then more RaC games came and we forgot about it until two years ago when I replayed it and defeated Drek this time. I was sooooo happy, but since noone else from my family played that then, I couldn't share my happiness.
Although recently my cousin plays this game on his PS2. He got both from us.

RaC:GC: I don't remember from this much, too. That's because we played it for a short time (bro actually did) before UYA. I only flew to different planets and ran around Todano. Trying to outrun thos killer squirrels and hitting rockets. That's actually where my rush for skillpoints sparked. Also we didn't have such hard time with the boss, but when we defeated it, my brother probably clicked the Warp button and we had to replay the boss. We both thought that the game is broken and moved on to UYA. Later, when I tried to run old PS2 games, this game worked well until the second crane on Endako. There, it blackscreened with some sparks and refused to do anything. The system had to be restarted. Now my friend has the game, I brought it to him to play it once more. I remember playing Notak the last and never seeing the game again.

RaC:UYA: Now I understood most of the plot. Nothing special, except for spending a week looking for the Titanium bolt on Aridia and trying to run the teleporter on Metropolis. Never managed to do it.

RaCemoji: The second least-played for me. I played through it once, ending with Ace because I thought that was the end. But later I played it again and finished it. I thought my brother might be interested in a bit more serious type, but we only played VS together.

RaC:SAC: This one came earlier for me than SM. It was fun for me, I liked the idea. And the soundtrack for me sounds good, too.

RaC:SM: Dad brought this one from somewhere foreign. By the time he returned, I was really ill and it was my bro who played it. I actually sometimes sneaked into his room, although my parents forbade me to. Then I thought the game was actually pretty creeepy. Shivers ran down my spine like in an F1 race. And those titanium bolts were a bit crazy, too, weren't they?

RaC:ToD: Not many memories, except for the fact that I spent a lot of time on Sargasso. Sometimes, if you checked the map with the Map-O-Matic, you could see a Gold Bolt icon flying around. Guys, this Ghost Bolt doesn't exist.

RaC:QfB: I was a little worried when I read the description. And short it was, indeed. I played it like once or twice and boom. No more. Oh. I thought that Hoolefar was beautiful, too, and I always mistaken Chill as Chilli and kept pouring the red liquid at the pirate bar.

RaC:ACiT: SADNESS BURST!!!

RaC:A4O: So I was pretty excited about this as for the coop, but heck noone wanted to play this. Now I still don't really like it, seems like this co-op type of a game is becoming a genre.

RaC:FFA: So I was a little disappointed about the shortness, but I still love how I was playing this game and in the meantime my mom played some game with funky music on her notebook. Thus the game turned so much less serious, and that maybe is good.

RaC:ItN: Memories? Really?

Hmm…memories, memories…

WELL for starters, I remember not being thrilled to get GC for my birthday in 2004. But found I was having a lot of fun with it by the time I finished the first two levels. I remember being ecstatic when my first weapon upgraded (which was the Gravity Bomb). For me, I think that's what set R&C apart from everything else. Aside from that, I remember getting to the end of the game and beating the final boss and being confused when it brought up the Challenge Mode screen. See, when it said that I could go back in time to before In fought the boss, my eight-year old brain thought it meant that if I hit it it would let me play the first game. Well, it didn't, and the final boss of GC wasn't easy for me. Sooo…I was upset. emoji There was also the time when my little sister accidentally deleted my file only moments after I had finished collecting every weapon and armor in the game. Needless to say, I was not happy. Didn't really play GC again for a year or so.

My most prominent memory from UYA was getting to Annihilation Nation and then accidentally deleting my file. Don't quite remember how, but it was annoying all the same. I also remember Zeldrin and the Thran Asteroid Belt being terribly difficult for me. emoji

R&C1 memories amount to Orxon being hard and Drek being hard. emoji

DL was awesome for coop. emoji I played through that game once with my cousin and once with a friend of mine at the time and that's still one of my favorite games to play with friends.

All I can really remember about SM is prerelease info and being disappointed that I didn't have a PSP. Then I remember getting the game and being disappointed in how short it was.

Hm…well, my SAC memory isn't really related to the game itself. The only unique memory I have associated with it was waking up one morning at around two and couldn't go back to sleep so I played SAC until school started. I also had a terrible sore throat though, which was the main reason I couldn't sleep.

I remember trading in a good ten or so games to get ToD. Among them were Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and, regrettably, Pokemon LeafGreen Version. I've since been able to find a new copy of LG, but The Sacred Stones has still eluded me. I also remember how psyched I was to play the game though. emoji Dad had to make a stop on the way home from the store to talk with a friend of his and I spent a good half-hour just being anxious as anything. Finally getting home and playing it was such a good feeling.

QfB was…QfB. Aside from being a hassle to download, nothing notable here.

ACiT, however, was so exciting. I remember dutifully doing all kinds of work around the house at around the time it came out so I was damn sure I had all the cash I needed to buy ACiT on release. I also remember suffering through going to a NASCAR race just so I could play an ACiT demo at the PlayStation kiosk during the prerace festivities. emoji

Then A4O and FFA don'r really have any particularly special memories associated with them. emoji

Beating UYA was such an accomplishment, I had no memory card so I had to beat it in one day.
Didn't beat GC cause of it's difficulty and R&C1 got scratched ^^'.

You beat it in one day? Man it took us months.

Of course now I'm easily capable of beating it in a day…

What's with the sadness burst?

Beating UYA was such an accomplishment, I had no memory card so I had to beat it in one day.
Didn't beat GC cause of it's difficulty and R&C1 got scratched ^^'.

You beat it in one day? Man it took us months.

Of course now I'm easily capable of beating it in a day…

I beat UYA in one day after about 2 months of playing the first three levels over and over again.

What's with the sadness burst?

I had one too, but probably not for the same reasons.

Are you hating ACiT again?

Yes, but back then it was worse and when Ratchet died, my neighbours were confused as to why there was a flying PS3 controller coming out of my window as the screams of an enraged 14 year old raped their ears.

Yes, but back then it was worse and when Ratchet died, my neighbours were confused as to why there was a flying PS3 controller coming out of my window as the screams of an enraged 14 year old raped their ears.

Please tell me you're making fun of us.

Please tell me you're making fun of us.

Ok, you got me.
The controller wasn't flying, it was falling with style.

Ok, you got me.

Ratchet's death was really that confusing?

Ok, you got me.

Not confusing, it was frustrating and unrealistic, cause Ratchet takes about 15 shots to the face before he dies.

Ok, you got me.

Not confusing, it was frustrating and unrealistic, cause Ratchet takes about 15 shots to the face before he dies.

Well, official explantation was that his armour was off. Ya know, there were no lights…

Ok, you got me.

Well, official explantation was that his armour was off. Ya know, there were no lights…

How about this, Ratchet destroyed Azimuth's life work and now Azimuth is talking all serious and mean. What does Ratchet do? Pull out his armour and weapons? NO! He rolls his eyes, how much more ignorant can he get?

Are you trying to defend Azimuth?

For me, it looks more like Ratchet is confused, and maybe hurt, but it was his own stupidity that he stepped back. I wouldn't say a word if he flew bunch of meters backwards.
And you know what's funny? The Clank part can take you as long as you want, but it will still be six minutes since the shot emoji

Yes it will be six minutes every time. Would be funny if it recorded your exact time and Clank remembered it like "I wouldn't risk anymore than 3 minutes and 42 seconds". Nothing wrong with that.

About Ratchet: He was killed by a total A-hole who can't control his rages, which makes him a dangerous ally.