Thread: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I'm too used to playing Ratchet and Clank…my hands are still not used to the controls for Jak and Daxter. Took me about 24 hours to get just 90 of the powercells…and those darn Precursor Orbs!!
I moved on to Jak II…got to 17% before getting stuck. Dang zoomers are hard to control. I keep running in to things!! emoji

REMEMBER THIS: In the final location of Jak II you must collect every orb before completing the level, or else you will never ever be able to return and collect them.

Oh, wow. That is like the best game design choice ever…

There's a reason it's often considered the worst in the series.
Besides, look at ACiT's "Skill" Points.

What's wrong with Skill Points? Are you referring to the fact that they actually don't require any skill? Well I'd say there are a couple of worthy challenges in some of them… like Speedy, and the one for not getting hurt in the underwater sections of R&C1.

I mean I completed Nexus, then went through 2 more times t upgrade stuff, then a final time to get every skill point. The only time the flow was broken was when I was trying to break all of the glass windows, everything else was a sort of first try thing.

100%ing Jak and Daxter makes 100%ing Ratchet & Clank easy… unless it's SAC. (Which I actually haven't played in years, come to think of it)

I'm too used to playing Ratchet and Clank…my hands are still not used to the controls for Jak and Daxter. Took me about 24 hours to get just 90 of the powercells…and those darn Precursor Orbs!!
I moved on to Jak II…got to 17% before getting stuck. Dang zoomers are hard to control. I keep running in to things!! emoji

Got stuck at the hoverboarding stage too? Don't know how to jump on that ledge and I think I don't care anymore.

It's such a shame that Jak II lies between TPL and Jak 3!

Jak II is my least favorite, but I know many people that would say they like Jak II more than 1 and 3… what a sick and horrible world we live in.

Is it me, or is the series getting needleslly convuluted?

Got stuck at the hoverboarding stage too? Don't know how to jump on that ledge and I think I don't care anymore.

Oh, gah! That dang ledge took me forever to get up on!! I have tons of trouble getting enough points… emoji The Jak series is too darn hard! I'm no full-blooded gamer; I started playing video games avidly two years ago!! ANd even then, I don't play often cause my parents keep the systems in a totally different town, and grandmother always has the tele, and I don't get to visit my parents enough to play a bunch, and…
Rant over now.

Not really hard, but as you said you're not that into games.
While I grew up with NES/SNES games, and anyone who's played those know how hard they are… Contra 3 is the bane of my existance.

I'm going to play the Future serie along with ItN sometime this week while putting the PS2 games completely off my mind, just to see if I can… understand the way you think.

Is it me, or is the series getting needleslly convuluted?

Jak and Daxter? I think the plot is just right. It isn't MGS-complex or R&C-simple. There is a mystery to solve, and they slowly get to the answering throughout the course of 3 games, while trying to do whatthey can to help the average civilian.

Seal Piece at Water Slums and the Strip Mines are the hardest missions in the game?
This must be a breeze then.

lol, where did you hear that?

Everywhere.
Also heard that the destroying 5 Helcats one was pretty hard… lol.

I can't say I agree at all. None of the main missions are really that hard. You're probably just hearing this from people who only wanted to finish the game. The side missions are a whole other level of difficulty.

Jak and Daxter series died at Jak X. Lost Frontier made it worse. Apparently both of them are Canon so I don't think the game would be able to return, unless there's an "Alternate Universe" thing going on.
Honestly, i'd want it to return to back to the Jak and Daxter/Jak 3 style game. I'm pretty sure almost everyone who loved the series does.

I don't mind if Jak X is cannon. It was consistent with the story, and the gameplay expanded on a smaller idea from the core games.

TLF isn't cannon.