Thread: The Emperor & The Pirates

This is something i've been wanting to talk to somebody in a really long time.

So, The Space Pirates, Captain "Slag" Romulus AND Emperor Percival Tachyon are all connected to one another?. At Least, that What Iris is saying, yet it's never mentioned or acknowledged in anyway through out the game.

Was it some kind of left over from the development phase of the story?

If the Emperor and the pirates were never supposed to have anything to do with one or another then why is iris mentioning something so critical in the game?.

Did they WANT to include it but they couldn't make it work into the story so they had to leave it on the cutting floor but wanted to include it in the game as some kind of trivia?.

I'm just so confused, somebody help me out here…

Also; how DID The Emperor banish them to Praxis 6? did he abandon them to die? did he abandon them while they had means too escape?(working spaceships). Did he kindly tell them NOT to leave the planet until he had left them and they were free to do whatever they want?. Well, then it's not much of a banishment if they could just up and leave whenever they want.

On a different note; Am i the only one who thinks that a game/story based on The Space Pirates could work really well?.
Like, if they made it non-canon from the main series and we get to see them in a tale/tales we've never seen or thought of them as before, meaning they would appear more likeable then what we've seen.

On a different note; Am i the only one who thinks that a game/story based on The Space Pirates could work really well?.

That's pretty much Quest for Booty…

Exactly. People want ratchet to find the lombaxes? That was a crack in time. People want online multiplayer? that was FFA. People want Ratchet and Clank to go dark? That was DL and ITN. People want Ratchet and Clank on the ps4? That's the Ps4 game!

[quote=That's pretty much Quest for Booty…][/quote]

But Quest for Booty wasn't really about them, it wasn't THEIR story, It was all about ratchet and his POV and what he was searching for (The Fulcrum Star & Clank).

It's world building.
They don't need to shove every single insignificant detail down your throat, it's pretty much like the Galactic Trivia in ACiT.

But a large portion of Tools of Destruction WAS about The Pirates & Tachyon, Romulus even took the dimensionator from under his noes, you'd think he'd come after him for it, but no.

[quote=It's world building.][/quote]

How is it "World building" if it's only a mention and never elaborated upon?.

It's world building.
They don't need to shove every single insignificant detail down your throat, it's pretty much like the Galactic Trivia in ACiT.

How is it "World building" if it's only a mention and never elaborated upon?.

Because it isn't part of the story.
What is there to elaborate? I guess we should get a game that focuses on how Sigmund went from Torren IV to the Great Clock or a game where we see what happened to Darkwater first hand.
It's just a nice little detail that tells you a bit more about the game's main antagonists.

So, The Space Pirates, Captain "Slag" Romulus AND Emperor Percival Tachyon are all connected to one another?. At Least, that What Iris is saying, yet it's never mentioned or acknowledged in anyway through out the game.

I'm pretty sure it's in one of the game's dialogue trees, most likely one of the many questions you can ask IRIS after her power fails

[quote=Because it isn't part of the story.
What is there to elaborate? I guess we should get a game that focuses on how Sigmund went from Torren IV to the Great Clock or a game where we see what happened to Darkwater first hand.
It's just a nice little detail that tells you a bit more about the game's main antagonists.]

I guess you're right.

Honestly iv'e always found The Pirates to be the most interesting part of the series, I just wish that they were treated more serious and not just as a joke.

There is no such thing as a "serious pirate." They got there time to shine, and the they fell.

There is no such thing as a "serious pirate." They got there time to shine, and the they fell.

I woe ye be not makin' a ruckas 'o pirates, matey.

What? No "arrgh?"

How about "Yaarg".

It's fun discussing with you guys.

How about "Yaarg".

It's fun discussing with you guys.

Thank you.
I also wonder whether the pirates got to Torren IV, or it was some different pirates using the same skull head.

Also, wanna hear a protip about quotes though?
When you click on the Quote button in the text editor, a window with a text field pops up. In there, you write the quote's author (the one who wrote the thing before), such as "Filipuntik" or "Darkstar" or even "aciDC14" if you are quoting yourself.
Then something like this should pop up:

(quote=AuthorNameYouPutInNotPutin)*(/quote)

with the difference that ( and ) are replaced with [ and ] and minus the *.
And between the two brackets, where I put the *, you write the text you are reproducing.
Also, if you want to quote someone's whole post, you can use the blue speech bubble icon that's located above that person's post and see what happens.

Exactly. People want ratchet to find the lombaxes? That was a crack in time. People want online multiplayer? that was FFA. People want Ratchet and Clank to go dark? That was DL and ITN. People want Ratchet and Clank on the ps4? That's the Ps4 game!

Objection! Ratchet found the Lombaxes, but didn't get to them. Which was pretty much wat I wanted to see when I first played ACiT.