Thread: What we DON'T want to see in R&C PS4

looks like my child hood gaming is coming back. same feling with the ratchet and clank ps4 and the original. the sly movie. best of all naughty dog could end up working on jak and daxter again, from what ive heard on google news ( :

anyway guys good to be back!

I don't really want ANY of the weapons from R&CF: ToD and above
I don't care if they did but I want them to give us long-time fans a revamped version of the original weapons. Weapons like the Waloper, Devastator, or, my favorite, The Tesla Claw!

Although I know they won't, I want them to keep to the original art style. Obviously, I don't want PS2 graphics, but a nice revamped style would be awesome! the ToD Art style is perfectly fine but the newer styles just look way too goofy and childish. I feel like I'm playing a children's game and It doesn't appeal to me.

I don't want a new soundtrack. I would love a remixed version of the original tracks but I don't feel like having new songs with Brass instruments everywhere…because that's essentially what the songs are now.

This is honestly all I have to say. I love what the game is turning out to be and I can't wait to get it!

I feel like I'm playing a children's game

I think people are forgetting this is a series about a cat-like alien and his self-concious robot pal…

Well, there is a difference between Rolipoli and Star Wars. The are many varients of kiddy, and I think R&C fits better in the multi generation varient than a kids game emoji

Well, there is a difference between Rolipoli and Star Wars. The are many varients of kiddy, and I think R&C fits better in the multi generation varient than a kids game emoji

I know, but I am getting sick of the main word used to critize the new games being 'childish', since kids were pretty much always the main audience for these games…

Ah, understood! R&C has a far more grown-up feel than games like Marioor Splatoon or whatever. Cause it still tackles more mature plot elements (and jokes). I don't see it as a childish game, people use that way to loose nowadays. Just because it doesn't have humans and blood.

Yeah, the gaming world now mainly focuses about realism without caring much about fun.

*cough* War Thunder *cough*

And platformer games have became less popular than it was during the early days of Playstation. Well, keep up the good work, Insomniac!

I know, but I am getting sick of the main word used to critize the new games being 'childish', since kids were pretty much always the main audience for these games…

Well from the beginning, I don't think that was the audience. The first 4 games were Rated Teen (In the Americas) but i know they were all pretty much for young kids in Europe. Of course this is mainly because of the rules of ESRB, but they had a much more mature approach to the Audience. The comedy and the regular Dialogue was aimed at an older audience. Look at the weapons for example. Now, The weapons are still the same in terms of the futuristic designs and abilities, but some weapons and gadgets, I personally think, Were just plain unnecessary. For Example: The Groovitron. I liked this gadget, but it was a childish gadget none the less.

I guess that in the end, I like a more serious approach. I like to feel like they are taking the game and story as seriously as I am. Yes, It is completely Fiction and Fantasy, but that doesn't mean that it MUST be childish. Like Heather Said: "there is a difference between Rolipoli and Star Wars. The are many varients of kiddy, and I think R&C fits better in the multi generation varient than a kids game".

E-10 wasn't invented back then. Therefore, 100% of all Ratchet and Clank games are rated E-10 as of now.

I guess that in the end, I like a more serious approach. I like to feel like they are taking the game and story as seriously as I am. Yes, It is completely Fiction and Fantasy, but that doesn't mean that it MUST be childish. Like Heather Said: "there is a difference between Rolipoli and Star Wars. The are many varients of kiddy, and I think R&C fits better in the multi generation varient than a kids game".

Really?
Because what I dislike about the Future games is how they take themselves really seriously, everything's at stake and stuff like that.
In the old games, it genuinely felt like they were just having fun making the games and just kind of throwing every childish and immature jokes they could at the player.
Nowadays it feels more like the game makes a joke because it needs to make a joke, not necessarily because it wants to.
Does that make any sense? Probably not.

Really?
Because what I dislike about the Future games is how they take themselves really seriously, everything's at stake and stuff like that.
In the old games, it genuinely felt like they were just having fun making the games and just kind of throwing every childish and immature jokes they could at the player.
Nowadays it feels more like the game makes a joke because it needs to make a joke, not necessarily because it wants to.
Does that make any sense? Probably not.

That's the point I'm making. Everything is a joke in the game and it's getting old really fast.
I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say since you said it's too serious and that every thing is at stake…yet it makes jokes because it needs to. To me these are contradicting statements.

I agree with you in that the games don't really feel like the developers wanted the jokes there…It feels like they just toss in a joke at any moment, for example every Captain Qwark moment ever.

As for everything being at stake; That is kind of the point. If there is no danger, There is no story. I'm perfectly fine with the stories, it's the approach they take that bugs me.

Not sure if I've mentioned it, but I don't want to see the Shield Charger. It just makes the game easy. If you want to avoid the damage enemy fire, then dodge it! If you get overwhelmed by enemies, you've made a tactical mistake and should try again.
You can compare it to the Holoshield Glove, but that is stationary and doesn't help you from melee enemies. Unless you upgraded, which, to me, is ambiguous.
There is also the RYNO, which is gamebreaking by itself, but it's a staple and a borderline 100% completion reward, whereas the Shield Charger is just a normal weapon.
So, yeah, I don't like the Shield Charger.

What I don't want to see in the PS4 game?

That thing from FFA, GrooviMine, if I'm not mistaken. Groovitrons for the win!

Not sure if I've mentioned it, but I don't want to see the Shield Charger. It just makes the game easy. If you want to avoid the damage enemy fire, then dodge it! If you get overwhelmed by enemies, you've made a tactical mistake and should try again.
You can compare it to the Holoshield Glove, but that is stationary and doesn't help you from melee enemies. Unless you upgraded, which, to me, is ambiguous.
There is also the RYNO, which is gamebreaking by itself, but it's a staple and a borderline 100% completion reward, whereas the Shield Charger is just a normal weapon.
So, yeah, I don't like the Shield Charger.

It's true. The shield Charger makes the game easier. Unless you are on planet Greblin with the YETIs. Then you are simply doomed with no matter what you have. I would actually like to see it again but not so strong now as it was on GC