Thread: What we DON'T want to see in R&C PS4

Deleted user
Perhaps I will chance my opinion once I've played more games with true 60 FPS, but for now I'm something that doesn't worry me. If it runs, it runs. emoji

How about the R&C collection? It's not exactly 60, but it runs close to that. Try playing GC or UYA, and then FFA afterwards and tell me you don't feel the difference. I certainly do. The only reason I care so much is because I want this game to at least live up to the original. Eye candy is one thing, performance is more important.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I also hope to not hear cheesy lines from Ratchet when I play as him. The PS2 games knew when to be quiet.

How about the R&C collection? It's not exactly 60, but it runs close to that. Try playing GC or UYA, and then FFA afterwards and tell me you don't feel the difference. I certainly do. The only reason I care so much is because I want this game to at least live up to the original. Eye candy is one thing, performance is more important.

Haven't touched the PS2 games since the remaster came out. The resolution is nicer and I find thame more important #shame.

Oh, it'll be fine. People tell me 'once you go 60FPS, you'll never go back'. But when my guineapig chew on the cables of my soundsystem, I eventually didn't even know I was missing that awesome bass. Once you turn it on again, you hear the massive difference. I highly doubt 30FPS will ruin your experience. emoji

……..

One way or another. I don't mind, you do. Added 1 to '30FPS to lower'. Added cheesy lines as well.

Deleted user

Haven't touched the PS2 games since the remaster came out. The resolution is nicer and I find thame more important #shame.

Oh, it'll be fine. People tell me 'once you go 60FPS, you'll never go back'. But when my guineapig chew on the cables of my soundsystem, I eventually didn't even know I was missing that awesome bass. Once you turn it on again, you hear the massive difference. I highly doubt 30FPS will ruin your experience. emoji

It won't ruin it.. I mean, I still enjoy playing FFA despite it's crap framerate. This is the first R&C were talking about though, and the PS4. I don't see why they can't make it work.

Short anwser:

''Asked how difficult it would be to reach sixty frames per second for Uncharted 4, the response was quite clear cut:

Really fucking hard. I mean, that’s true for any game. It was really hard on The Last of us Remastered. And that’s a game we have finished. And we know exactly what the end result needs to look like. And here we’re trying to push the boundaries of what this game can look, and do real time cutscenes… And trying to do sixty is really hard.''

It all depends on how much money, manpower and time you want to spend on it.

Deleted user
Short anwser:

''Asked how difficult it would be to reach sixty frames per second for Uncharted 4, the response was quite clear cut:

Really fucking hard. I mean, that’s true for any game. It was really hard on The Last of us Remastered. And that’s a game we have finished. And we know exactly what the end result needs to look like. And here we’re trying to push the boundaries of what this game can look, and do real time cutscenes… And trying to do sixty is really hard.''

I really don't care what they have to say. The fact that there are games that look and perform great gives them no excuse. Maybe they shouldn't focus on graphics so much.

Keep in mind I'm not asking for a full 60 fps 100% of the time, they can at lest run as smooth as they did on the PS2. Is that unreasonable?

Short anwser:

I really don't care what they have to say. The fact that there are games that look and perform great gives them no excuse. Maybe they shouldn't focus on graphics so much.

Mind if I put this in a new thread? I don't want us to take this too far off topic. I'll reply in a new thread. emoji

Deleted user

Short anwser:

Mind if I put this in a new thread? I don't want us to take this too far off topic. I'll reply in a new thread. emoji

Good idea, but I don't really have anything else to say on this.

If you want to end this discussion completely, that's fine with me. I'd just be repeating everything I've already said. But if you want the short answer:

Most 60fps on PS4 are sports games or FPS. Games that focuss on gameplay more than anything else. Others are remasters, where they strave to get 60fps because of the small gap between the two. Why else would a remaster be usefull? Naughty Dog is one of the few companies that takes the challenge of 60fps because they always wanted to do something special when it comes to the details. Insomniac simply wants to focuss on other things and make those really well. emoji

First person shooters are definitely worthwhile having the extra frames for. You could see that in the link I posted.

I don't think we should be making games in such a way that they need a remaster. That sort of thing never use to happen before the PS3 and 360 came along.

But if all the console gamers continue to be content with 30fps I do not see why the developers will try to make any games higher than 30 in the future. They'll just keep pushing the resolution higher, as if it's something we will notice more.

Now I've noticed Heather signature emoji It makes so much sense here emoji

Now I've noticed Heather signature emoji It makes so much sense here emoji

Something I borrowed from a member of the Square Forums. I thought it fit too emoji

Related to framerate, I've recently heard that the game Burnout: Paradise runs at some nice FPS, but drops to 30 (or lower) whenever a close-up of a crash occurs - just for the effect.
Can anyone confirm this? Would something like that be viable for a game?
(I'm not really sure if it occurs during all crashes or only during those of the player's vehicle, since those are the ones when the player 100% loses control of the car. Man, I should play the game again.)

If it drops in framerate because a crash is happening it would probably be because there is a lot happening on the screen, causing the framerate is have trouble keeping up.

Yeah, I don't think a loss of frames is somethng you'd do on purpose. Especially not to make it look 'nicer'.

The only time I can remember a game dev claiming a game would be nicer at a lower framerate was The Order being locked at 24fps for cinematic purposes. This wouldn't have been as bad as it was if they didn't letterbox the whole game to just add insult to injury.