Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

Angry Birds Movie got a higher score than Ratchet and Clank. Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21-G7k03us

I was not expecting that.

Angry Birds Movie got a higher score than Ratchet and Clank. Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21-G7k03us

I'm not surprised. And I know the Angry Birds movie will make more money because it's been much more popular despite being a younger franchise mainly due to the fact that they pretty much overadvertise it, as well as this other fact that everyone owns a phone (and a toilet. Let's be honest, that's pretty much the one place those games have been played more than anywhere else).

Plus it's freaking IGN, so of course they'd say that. Heck, they'd say that the new "Ghostbusters" movie would be "ideal for the next generation" if you throw enough cash at 'em.

Here's the credits music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Lk4mEedlc

OOOOO, Bad songs will die fast, Your ears aren't built to last…. Seriously, this is painful to listen to. And someone in the comments actually likes it, unbelievable!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I couldn't resist watching multiple reviews of it and, unfortunately, every single one was negative. Most of them say it was boring and the plot was all over the place, I guess this is because they threw in a bunch of references that only fans of the series would understand, which means the movie failed at one of it's top objectives. It's a big fan service for sure, but it didn't introduce new comers the way it was supposed to. Thankfully, the game is brilliant and I bet it would have the success with or without the existence of this movie. Anyhow, I'm still eager to see R&C on the big screen… in September. emoji

Really? In September? That calendar was correct? Stay strong, mate. Hope you'll enjoy the movie when it comes out. And yeah, that song was awful. I didn't want to stay in the cinema any longer when that song plays at the credits roll (besides, I really needed to take a toilet break).

Hey, so something interesting popped up on James Arnold Taylor's Wiki Page. Of course, because it's Wikipedia, I have kind of a hard time trusting it, but it still is interesting.

User image

EDIT: The photo is too small to see, but at the bottom of the list that names off all the roles that JAT has voiced in TV shows, in red letters reads "Ratchet & Clank TV Series (2016)".

Hey, so something interesting popped up on James Arnold Taylor's Wiki Page. Of course, because it's Wikipedia, I have kind of a hard time trusting it, but it still is interesting.

User image

EDIT: The photo is too small to see, but at the bottom of the list that names off all the roles that JAT has voiced in TV shows, in red letters reads "Ratchet & Clank TV Series (2016)".

it's very interesting This means that later this year there will be a TV series ? WOW emoji

User image

Redlinks could indicate fabrication. However, I've decided to ask JAT himself about whether this is true or not.

User image

Redlinks could indicate fabrication. However, I've decided to ask JAT himself about whether this is true or not.

Yeah, the redlink is what's leading me to believe that it's fake.

Also, is it just me, or would a Ratchet and Clank anime be a lot more awesome instead of it just an animated TV show like Sonic Boom?

Anime? NO. Just, no. I don't think so, considering how weird is the Japanese manga of Ratchet & Clank.

A R&C TV series sounds interesting, but I'm not going to believe it until JAT confirms this himself.
Anyway, lets pretend this is 100% legit and speculate what it would be like. What would the story consist of? I can think of only 2 possibilities:
1. They abandoned the idea of a sequel for the movie (for obvious reasons) and decided to continue the re-imagining in TV series form.
2. It's something completely new. Each episode will have it's own random villain of the day which R&C must somehow stop from killing/destroying someone/something, most likely the eps. will have little to no connection to each other and they'll sneak in many references from the already known story elements/characters/etc.
How about the animation? 2D? 3D? And will the quality be as good as in "How to Train Your Dragon - Riders of Berk"?
I honesty think integrating R&C in the distant galaxy "T-V Seria" is a tricky task. What do you guys think?

I'm not trusting a Wikipedia link unless it has a definite source. A Ratchet and Clank cartoon sounds amazing, though.

James is not allowed to reveal that kind of stuff. Good luck with that.
Honestly, I think a CG R&C show would be great. It's long form, so it opens up so many doors for developing characters. I was thinking about that while leaving the theater.

James is not allowed to reveal that kind of stuff. Good luck with that.
Honestly, I think a CG R&C show would be great. It's long form, so it opens up so many doors for developing characters. I was thinking about that while leaving the theater.

If it's fake, then he'll just say "no."

If it's fake, then he'll just say "no."

But what if he doesn't comment at all? Hmm… emoji