Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

James is not allowed to reveal that kind of stuff. Good luck with that.
Honestly, I think a CG R&C show would be great. It's long form, so it opens up so many doors for developing characters. I was thinking about that while leaving the theater.

10-15 episodes, 20~25 minutes each.Names of the episodes: 1."The mission", 2."Losing the Protopet",3."The hunt for the thief",4."The arena",5."Rescuing Clank", 6."The search continues",7."Protopet delivered and revealing", 8."The warning",8."The threat", ,0."Don't drop the soap" (There is supposed to be an innuendo somewhere right? Right? It is too harsh.),10."Another rescue…",11."Stopping the restribution",12."The infection spreads", 13."Preparations", 14."Big reveals are for big stomachs",15."Defeating the Protoper menace".
And please no cheap 3D that looks like 2D. And no reimagining since the story is good as it is and much more suitable for a movie/show than the first one.

I'm still not sure whether a R&C tv show would be a great idea. But if they actually do it, I might just watch it to see if it's worth to watch the whole season or not emoji (And Ratchet, don't you dare to put Clank aside for too long and date Cora!)

(And Ratchet, don't you dare to put Clank aside for too long and date Cora!)

What? No, just no!

From what I've seen, it appears that the Ratchet & Clank movie is pretty succesful here. The cinema where I watched the movie has "Family Movie Time", when they play family movies (obviously), and now the Ratchet & Clank movie has the honor to be played at that time! And it also attracted a quite number of children, which is actually nice! The adults may complain about many things from the movie even though they like it, but the children will hardly complain about anything when they love it! Even my little brother likes the movie! And me, well I personally like it but I don't like the end credits song and how the movie was too fast-paced.

I read that Rainmaker suffered hard because of the poor sales. The president of Rainmaker said he was disappointed by the fact that Jungle and Zootopia beat Ratchet and Clank, but with other countries getting the movie soon, he hopes to turn it around. If not, Rainmaker will probably face a budgetary deficit, and the Sly Cooper movie will never happen.

Really? That's a pretty sad news to hear. But I do agree on their hope to turn things to their favor by relying on the release in other countries. Maybe the chances are small for them to turn the tables and take the throne from Zootopia and Jungle Book, but there is always a chance and they can at least hope for a stable income emoji. By the way, should we send our thanks to Sony, IG, and Rainmaker for making the movie happen? We know we've waited for a very long time for the movie to happen.

Oh, also a random note: the movie was apparently distributed to Indonesia by a Chinese company. Forgot the name, but I've seen the name of it at the beginning of the movie.

Well, a lot of mistakes happened and they did not count them but it was mostly a marketing problem IMO. Even if a movie is bad but it gets a good marketing it can pay off easily it's budget. This movie was just silent… The only trailer I saw in Greek TV were on Greek Nickelodeon and that was 5 days before the movie opened. other than that nothing! And let's not forget the decision of not showing the English version but only the dub. That's why I think even if this movie bombs on cinema it might do well on DVD/Bluray release and do no harm to Rainmaker. Some reviews even expressed that it should have gone straight to DVD. Still, the movie could reach 20 mil in the long time if it continues to be shown on cinemas.

Good point. On the other hand, I did not see any advertisements before the movie here (other than the YouTube trailer). AT ALL. Maybe only a standee and a trailer at the cinema where I watched the movie. Pretty understandable, since the popularity of Ratchet & Clank series is pretty low here. More people know Crash as the legend of the PS2 era. Though that doesn't mean that our Lombax and robot have zero popularity here.

Well… that went well. Although I'm not worried, it would still be a shame if R&C suffered like everyone seems to expect. It's one of the best game-to-movies I've ever seen. Heck, it's probably my 2# favorite movie of all time! (Alien '79 is my fave, in case you were wondering). It's a good piece and I will protect it till the end of time.

Critics, you have been ripped a new one!

Now that I think about it, a lot of the reviewers seem to complain about one thing: there's no point in watching the movie when you could just play the game instead and have a better time. Don't get me wrong now, I enjoyed the film, but there's no denying that the game may have been more of a hindrance than a help in this case. Perhaps the movie would have done better (not counting advertisement) as a retelling while the game could have told an original story or vice versa. I hope this doesn't hurt RainMaker too badly.

I find the movie and game need to go together. There's too little cutscene time in the game and it goes way too fast. If it wasn't for the movie, I'd say the narrative didn't work very well. You need to see the movie, to reall appreciate the game:ok

This wouldn't be the first time Rainmaker went bankrupt. They used to be called "Mainframe", and I used to follow a series they made called "Hot Wheels: Acceleracers". They made about 4 movies, but it was never finished because they ran out of funding, so every watcher of that series was left on a cliffhanger for over 10 years. Shortly after, Mainframe went bankrupt. I still collect the toy line to this day, the Acceleracers cars are pretty valuable. A little irrelevant, but hey, great story.

User image
HD image of Kid-Ratchet with a missing tooth
User image
"Conan the Barbarian."
User image
"Rambo."
User image
"Ferris Beuller's day off."

https://www.instagram.com/tonywash619/?hl=en

Hahaha, I like those Qwark movie posters emoji. And also the picture of Ratchet as a kid.