Thread: What Games do you Like other than Ratchet and Clank?

Deleted user

What games do you enjoy playing other than the Ratchet and Clank games?

What other games keep you entertained?
What other game franchises do you like?

Discuss anything that relates to the topic of this thread.

I enjoy many Nintendo games since I grew up with Nintendo first. Game classics such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong Country and even Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (it's over 10 years old right now) will always be, in my opinion, the games that will always be fun and memorable to play.

I do enjoy other games and game franchises from other consoles too such as Beyond Good and Evil, Infamous, God of War, Kingdom Hearts (mostly the first game), Banjo-Kazooie, and even Jak and Daxter.

Deleted user

As some of you may know, I once was a huge Crash Bandicoot fan but since it's failed to impress me since err, YEARS ago… well it's hard to list it here, but it's still the one that got me into gaming in the first place and helped me get far with artwork in particular. I also used to like Spyro but that died years ago as well (for me).

I generally like platformer games, including Jak and Daxter and Sly cooper games, and the Banjo and Kazooie games (well, the 2 N64 ones) =D it's a real shame there is so few decent platformer titles these days though.

I must say that the other games I like other then ratchet and clank are.

Spyro The Dragon
Ape Escape
Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon
Drakengaurd
Rayman
Tekken
And some other games I forgot the names of

video games I like r :
spyro
kingdom hearts
crash
sly cooper
mario
jak & daxter
lego series

ps i ment the whole series 4 all of them

oh yeah now I remember I also like croc and sly cooper

I 'loved' Crash brandicoot and Sypro was okay, but i never had any real 'emotional' attachment to them like in R&C. I love FF though.

Deleted user

yeah that's true, the Ratchet series really have a lot more character and emotion than Crash, and are more well designed and made (especially in recent times). But I still have a soft spot for the Crash series, helped me do a lot with my skills XP

I also liked the Klonoa games.

yeah that's true, the Ratchet series really have a lot more character and emotion than Crash, and are more well designed and made (especially in recent times). But I still have a soft spot for the Crash series, helped me do a lot with my skills XP

I also liked the Klonoa games.

Ratchet is superior to all sci-fi shooter games to suit everyone.

Deleted user
I generally like platformer games, including Jak and Daxter and Sly cooper games, and the Banjo and Kazooie games (well, the 2 N64 ones) =D it's a real shame there is so few decent platformer titles these days though.

I guess we don't see many platformer games these days is because there were many platforming adventure games during the 90's and now, many gamers are into the over the top mature, shooting, violent, bad @ss games. Nothing wrong with that though, but I would like to see more games that would interest the middle audience (not the too casual or the too hardcore, but a mix of both).

I think the franchises that you've mentioned are the only ones that are pretty solid platformers to try out and buy. Or, if you wanna think old school, there's the Mario Bros. games and the Donkey Kong Country series are worth trying out too. I haven't played any of the Spyro and Crash games so I can't say that much about those two, even though I heard they were pretty good games for the PS1.

Also, another platformer series that I would mention it's good (probably not the best though since it's not a full platformer game) is Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Nintendo 64. It has funny humour, a great presentation, and strange boss battles such as

a huge pile of poo that sings opera.

There was also a remake of this game for the X-box and even though the controls are better, but the visuals and censoring dialogue doesn't make the game that appealing. Strange how the N64 version had less censorship than the X-Box version.

I'm pretty much a fan of games that were done by Rare (when they made games for Nintendo, not much for Microsoft though). So other than Donkey Kong Country, the Banjo-Kazooie series and Conker, I also like Perfect Dark and even a bit of Golden Eye 007. I'm not even a fan of shooters and I like those two games, especially Perfect Dark emoji

Deleted user

Yeah true, there's still Mario and a few others around of course but I don't have any Nintendo consoles XD but I remember being fond of those games from the 90's too. And yeah, Crash and Spyro were awesome during the 90's, but I don't like any of the Spyro's after PSone, and I only can tolerate 3 of the PS2 Crash games but after that… mediocre, for both franchises.

Oh yes, I liked Conker a lot as well too! Well especially on the N64, it's so much fun in Multiplayer! And the main story is quite hilarious, though mature of course and sometimes quite hard. Rare made some great games, even Kameo and Viva Pinata are pretty cool too (but our 360 broke, so I haven't played those in ages)

My other favorite games are:

Half-Life 2
Portal
Oblivion
Morrowind
Assassins Creed 2
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3

Oh no, we have ourselves a killer-gamer!

Well my favorite game at the mo is R&C, but yes, I do like a lot of killing games, mainly shooters and RPG's, but you cant tell me you dont like games with killing in them. I mean come on there's basically killing in every game, R&C too. lol

But really, its mainly because I lost track of colorful games like Spyro and Crash when I got a game cube and xbox instead of a ps2, but i'm making up for it now that I have a ps3.

I also like the odd horror game too like Dead Space (nearly crapped my pants playin that) and I just got Metro 2033 today too (Ah, the joys of getting free games off people in college emoji ).

But since I've started college i've been playing every game I came across (thats how i came to like R&C)
You know the way people got to college and experiment with drugs and carp like that, I'm doing that but with Video games, lol emoji

Well my favorite game at the mo is R&C, but yes, I do like a lot of killing games, mainly shooters and RPG's, but you cant tell me you dont like games with killing in them. I mean come on there's basically killing in every game, R&C too. lol

But really, its mainly because I lost track of colorful games like Spyro and Crash when I got a game cube and xbox instead of a ps2, but i'm making up for it now that I have a ps3.

I also like the odd horror game too like Dead Space (nearly crapped my pants playin that) and I just got Metro 2033 today too (Ah, the joys of getting free games off people in college emoji ).

But since I've started college i've been playing every game I came across (thats how i came to like R&C)
You know the way people got to college and experiment with drugs and carp like that, I'm doing that but with Video games, lol emoji

I watched Saw V, and my arms and legs felt like they were strapped to the cinema chair!
Anyway, I love FF, but R&C more so!

I watched Saw V, and my arms and legs felt like they were strapped to the cinema chair!
Anyway, I love FF, but R&C more so!

I hate Saw and hostel and crap like that, I may like violent games but that crap is messed up. lol