Thread: Encountered problems with your Copy of TOD?

Deleted user

There has been many stories that people who had bought a copy of Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction had encountered some strange difficulties before or playing this game. Problems such as…

- One crash happening before a particular cutscene shows up.
- Bad audio during a cutscenes
- Technical difficulties uploading a game file into your PS3.

Did you enounter any problems like this when you purchased a copy of this Ratchet game? Or did you had no problems at all?

If so, what were the problems?

The only problem I have with my is…

When I defeated Slag for the first time, the game froze up on me and I have to reset my PS3 and do the whole battle again.

But that happen only one and when I play through the game again, it didn't froze up on me.

Deleted user
The only problem I have with my is…

When I defeated Slag for the first time, the game froze up on me and I have to reset my PS3 and do the whole battle again.

But that happen only one and when I play through the game again, it didn't froze up on me.

That happened to me too when I was in planet Jasindu. The game froze on me one time, but when I replayed that part again, it didn't.

I've also encountered the crash that sometimes appear when you leave your first visit on planet Mukow and a cutscene is supposed to appear. This really annoyed me so badly that I thought the game was actually broken at first since this was the first crash that I've ever encountered while playing a game.

But I believe you need to use a good quality TV to skip that "HORRIBLE CRASH NONSENSE" to have the cutscene come up because that didn't show up on my TV in my room (except maybe once). Although when I played the game on my massive TV in the basement, the crash would show up.

I've also encountered the crash that sometimes appear when you leave your first visit on planet Mukow and a cutscene is supposed to appear. This really annoyed me so badly that I thought the game was actually broken at first since this was the first crash that I've ever encountered while playing a game.

That's what I first thought too.

I unlocked the concept art, but in the art menu it still locked. Is it a bug?

When i stopped trying to kill Tachyon and went to the cragmite planet and obtained the holoplan once i left the map showed it flashing like i needed to do something there.if anyone else has this,i know the solution just go to fastoon and kill tachyon and its fixed.

if my copy of TOD got screwed up i WOULD SCREAM AT THE SKY AND TURN NINJA ON MY TV!

i had this weird problem once, stepped in Apheleon and KAWOOSH! i suddenly got scripts, (yes those programming scrips) instead of the polaris map!

after that, i rebooted my system, EVERYTHING was corrupted data!

Deleted user
i had this weird problem once, stepped in Apheleon and KAWOOSH! i suddenly got scripts, (yes those programming scrips) instead of the polaris map!

Did this happened once you leave your first visit on planet Mukow? Because that's a crash that usually happens in the game.

Did this happened once you leave your first visit on planet Mukow? Because that's a crash that usually happens in the game.

Yes! it did

I've never experienced such difficulties with this game. However, when my PS3 runs hot (get it xD) because of playing the game, it sometimes stutters a bit, and some frames freeze for a short second. For the rest I've never had corrupted data at all!

Deleted user
For the rest I've never had corrupted data at all!

Then you are one lucky person. emoji

Well I got Corrupted data twice, that's right Twice emoji
and every time i want to change planets I jump to the ship and ratchet just floats in the air for about two minutes and the cutsceens lag alot. I shouldn't be mad though, my copy is about three years old.

Deleted user

Whenever the "We Have to Fix Her" cutscene plays on my copy, the audio becomes like a broken record when Ratchet quotes "What the?" twice. Then the audio goes back to normal, but is off sync to catch up with the scene.

It might have gotten a bit scratched a while back but I don't know how it got into this state. Even with the slight markings on, this scene used to work well for me, but now it doesn't. emoji

I played the living heck outta my copy! Back when It was the only game I had I like never turned off the machine or quit the game… Yea of course I got problems! It just wen't really slow and laggy, then sometimes completely frose! And yea I did get courupt data, but I backed up my game like 20 times (after the R&C3 incident when I was young I wasn't gonna make any more mistakes) and so eventually I got other games like QFB ACiT & R2 so ToD got a good rest emoji But the only problem I get now Is that when my bolts get really high (about 100,000,000 or 10,000,000 can't remember?) I would launch off into space battles and come back with half the bolts I originally had! This made max bolts IMPOSSIBLE! emoji