Thread: Pay 10,000 Bolts to a Computer !?!

That's the reason why I don't like R&C 2 that much. Spending that many Bolts on éverything!

What was your reaction when you had to pay 10,000 bolts to a computer at Dobbo to continue with the game?

When I first played the game, I was too young to understand how this was really a problem, it's simply what the game asked me to do in order to continue. It's been quite a long time since I played R&C 2 (I keep thinking "I need to play back through the PS2 Ratchet games" but I still never get around to it),
but I think the last time I did play it, I had been saving up for a weapon, and had been about 1,000 bolts off being able to buy it, and then I went back to the vendor after that section of the game thinking
"okay, there were quite a few enemies I killed, I should have enough now",
but of course I got back to find I was now 10,000 off affording it. I didn't rage or anything, my reaction was simply:
"oh yeah, that thing made me pay BOLTS didn't it?

emoji

What was your reaction when you had to pay 10,000 bolts to a computer at Dobbo to continue with the game?

When I first played the game, I was too young to understand how this was really a problem, it's simply what the game asked me to do in order to continue. It's been quite a long time since I played R&C 2 (I keep thinking "I need to play back through the PS2 Ratchet games" but I still never get around to it),
but I think the last time I did play it, I had been saving up for a weapon, and had been about 1,000 bolts off being able to buy it, and then I went back to the vendor after that section of the game thinking
"okay, there were quite a few enemies I killed, I should have enough now",
but of course I got back to find I was now 10,000 off affording it. I didn't rage or anything, my reaction was simply:
"oh yeah, that thing made me pay BOLTS didn't it?

emoji

ha, I'm something like that, but I just don't think that much about it, while playing the game I tend to get bolts at every opportunity I can get (even the crystals, and destroying EVERYTHING in EVERY world!) as a result I can get everything when it comes up with the exception of the RYNO II and the Zodiac. So the computer never really bothers me.
before I was so desperate for bolts I use to play through like any old person, and hit this computer thinking "blast, it'll take a bit longer before I can get the mini-rocket tube" then get to the Distribution Facility and be all like "RIGHT NOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" loosing probably all of my money.

Most bolts you do spend would probably have to be in Ratchet and clank: Going Commando!

Most bolts you do spend would probably have to be in Ratchet and clank: Going Commando!

Because the weapons in UYA were 'affordable'?

Because the weapons in UYA were 'affordable'?

Well, I was a bit surprised at the price, but it was just part of the game. I always had enough bolts to progress even if I couldn't afford all the weapons, but I kept going back through levels for skill points so kept picking up bolts that way.
But the weapons in UYA were surprisingly expensive, presumably to accomodate not having to spend the bolts elsewhere in the game.

I normally try to have all the weapons (that don't cost 150,000 (R&C1) or 1,000,000 bolts) before I finnish the game. I can do it in the first, second, fourth, ToD, ACiT and A4O. But not R&C3.

I normally try to have all the weapons (that don't cost 150,000 (R&C1) or 1,000,000 bolts) before I finnish the game. I can do it in the first, second, fourth, ToD, ACiT and A4O. But not R&C3.

I've managed that in all the games but GC, exluding the RYNO in R&C and RY3NO in UYA, I just couldn't grab all the weapons before the finish. But I also like to get all the weapons fully upgraded before I start challenge mode.

It is alot and I just got to this part on the playthrough I'm doing right now, but I've also been doing as much of the extra stuff as I possibly can as soon as it is available, namely arena, hoverbike and ship challenges and have found that I have never wanted for bolts. If you tackle the challenges as soon as they are available and you are beefed up enough to handle them, you shouldn't ever hit a monetary roadblock

Deleted user

I had 10,047 bolts when I got to that stage I'd spent soo much time collecting the bolts it bugged me to have to blow it all away :/

When Ratchet said this it made my day when it was not going well but as soon as I heard him say ' WHAT! Even the computers are charging us? That's it. this galaxy blows' this made me laugh but not as much as Qwarks funeral in UYA when Ratchet makes his speech and then Clank almost swears

I thought it was a bit over the top but I payed the 10k anyways :P

I still think it should have been more…

Sometimes you wonder what ratchet is thinking. I mean, he has so many deadly weapons, couldn't he just shadow the hedgehog-style bomb the whole place? or at least the robots

The computer is bugging you?? I still can't get over that Mutant snob who asks you to pay him bolts so he can EAT them emoji