Thread: Cartoons you Used to Watch as a Child

Deleted user

Some of us thinks of Ratchet and Clank as a Saturday Morning Cartoon, but in video game format. I believe that many of us here have watched a lot of cartoon programming as a kid, which in results liked anything with an animated, exaggerated (trying to say other things rather than just cartoony) approach like the visuals in this game series for instance.

So out of curiousity, what were the cartoons and animated programs that you grew up with when you were a child?

I've watched a lot of programming as a kid. Before I wasn't able to play video games (nobody wouldn't let me play any until I was age 7 or 8), I would watch a lot of cartoon programming as my use of entertainment, and boy, there were a lot of programs that I used to watch.

It would be hard to name them all, so I will remember my best to name the programming I've watched the most, which are…

- Aladdin the series
- Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Animaniacs
- Batman, the Animated Series
- Beetlejuice the cartoon
- Bevis and Butthead
- Bonkers
- Bump in the Night
- Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
- Count Duckula
- C.O.P.S.
- Darkwing Duck
- Dog City
- Donkey Kong Country the TV series
- Duckman
- Ducktales
- EEk the Cat!
- Garfield and Friends
- Gargoyles
- Gummy Bears
- Inspector Gadget
- Looney Tunes Cartoons
- Magic School Bus
- Muppet Babies
- My Pet Monster
- Reboot
- Ren and Stimpy
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Rugrats
- Sailor Moon (it's an anime yes, but I saw it as a cartoon back then)
- Samurai Pizza Cats (another anime I saw, but saw it more as a cartoon)
- She-Ra
- Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM version)
- Spiderman (90's version)
- Talespin
- Teddy Ruxpin
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's Cartoon)
- Tiny Toons Adventures
- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
- The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
- The Raccoons
- The Simpsons
- Tom and Jerry Cartoons
- X-Men (90's version)

Well, that's all I can think of, but I believe there were even more shows I've watched before than the ones I've mentioned.

Um… let me think, I watched.

-Tom and Jerry
-SpongeBobSquarePants
-Fairly Odd Parents (That was the best)
YouTube
-Looney Tunes

loads more, but I just can't remember…

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I still watch cartoons … *ahem* emoji

My favourites back in the day (and still are today) were Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. I really like most of the Warner Bros. Cartoons, especially the classic Road Runner and Wile E Coyote (best cartoon character ever!) ones.

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I still watch cartoons … *ahem* emoji

My favourites back in the day (and still are today) were Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. I really like most of the Warner Bros. Cartoons, especially the classic Road Runner and Wile E Coyote (best cartoon character ever!) ones.

Oh yeah, Looney Tunes!
Always brilliant, always will be! emoji

Deleted user

I still watch cartoons too, but in my opinion, I think the most recent cartoons aren't really that spectacular as they used to be. I don't see that much charm and fun in these latest cartoons. I don't know if it's the style of the show or if the content of the cartoon isn't my taste in animation programming.

But yeah, I'm more into the nostalgic appeal in cartoons rather than the recent stuff. Although, I do appreciate some cartoons that are from the year 2000 to today. It's just not a lot unfortunately.

I still watch cartoons too, but in my opinion, I think the most recent cartoons aren't really that spectacular as they used to be. I don't see that much charm and fun in these latest cartoons. I don't know if it's the style of the show or if the content of the cartoon isn't my taste in animation programming.

I still watch cartoons too and I'm dang proud of it and I agree with you about the now a days toons not as good as the classics emoji

I couldn't agree more. Cartoons nowadays aren't nearly as good as they were back then. Cartoons like Animaniacs had a certain intelligence to them, a lot of the humour came from what the characters weren't saying (and some of it was quite adult emoji) These days it seems that its mostly very obvious, base humour and I don't really find that funny.

The best recent cartoon I've seen was Skunk Fu! from a couple of years ago. Okay, so that went for the fart jokes as well, but it had some of the intelligence of the older cartoons as well.

Some of my favorites as a child include Batman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Freakazoid, Tiny Toons, Invader ZIM, and early Spongebob. I have much more of these, but these are first ones that come to mind.

Also, I don't watch as much anymore, but there's still a few excellent ones. The Spectacular Spider-Man comes to mind.

Deleted user

I couldn't agree more. Cartoons nowadays aren't nearly as good as they were back then. Cartoons like Animaniacs had a certain intelligence to them, a lot of the humour came from what the characters weren't saying (and some of it was quite adult emoji) These days it seems that its mostly very obvious, base humour and I don't really find that funny.

The best recent cartoon I've seen was Skunk Fu! from a couple of years ago. Okay, so that went for the fart jokes as well, but it had some of the intelligence of the older cartoons as well.

I've heard of Skunk-Fu before, but I think I didn't paid too much attention to the show. Since I saw a lot of animated programing that had many ninja themed or Asian cultures a few years ago (and became a bit annoyed by it), I think I didn't give this show a try. Also, I was extremely occupied with college at the time, so I didn't had the time to watch so many recent cartoons.

I think the only recent cartoon show that I like to watch these days is Penguins of Madagascar. It isn't full of dumb humour everytime like many Nickelodeon shows, but it has some neutral fun humour at it's finest. Sure, it can be random sometimes, but it's random humour doesn't sound too obnoxious and annoying such as other animated shows like Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd Parents and even Spongebob Sqaurepants. Probably the only obnoxious thing about Penguins is the character Mort, but everything else is fun for the kids and even young adults too. emoji

My total fav as a kid would have to be X-men evolution. It stated me down the road to geekiness! :P

Technically, deep down inside me, I'm still a child. :P

Tom and Jerry. There is no other TV show besides Top Gear that keeps me laughing after re-runs.

well I might as well make a small list since I havn't made one yet.

Albert the 5th Musketeer
Tom and Jerry
Loony Tunes
Animaniacs
Juniper Jungle
Noah's Island
The Animals of Farthing Wood
The Poddington Peas
The Family Ness
Teddy Ruxpin
Dogtanian And The Three Muskehounds
The Raccoons
80 Days Around The World With Willy Fog
Bananaman
Count Duckula
Duck Tales
Danger Mouse
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Budgie The Little Helicopter
Robinson Sucroe
Blazing Dragons
Ovide
Alfred Jodokus Kwak
Heathcliff
Gummi Bears
Bump The Elephant
The Smurfs
Spot (the dog)
Barney (the dog not that horrible dino suit)
Madeline
Rupert Bear
Sonic The Hedgehog

that's all I got for now

Deleted user

im currently still a kid, but when i was about 5 (before i got REALLY into invader zim, which is now my favorite show ever) i used to watch spongebob, but more than anything, this little show on nicktoons network ccalled Chalkzone.

Meh.. i was never actual a fan of cartoons, more of mythbusters, and that stuff, but i always used to watch Pokemon, well at leaste the original, at the age of 9 it was always zapping straight ot discovery and natgeo… emoji