Thread: Have you seen this parrot?

The Smuggler is not Slim Cognito, as at the time of ToD Slim was imprisoned in Zordoom at the time.

I did enjoy the Parrot, he was what Rusty Pete is to Slag, what Clank is to Ratchet and what Lawrence is to Nefarious; a sidekick.

But the bigger question is, after ToD what ever happened to the Wall Kick move, and swimming?

Deleted user
But the bigger question is, after ToD what ever happened to the Wall Kick move, and swimming?

In the Insomniac Museum it said that they wanted to implomment swimming, but got scrapped due to the new water animationsemoji. Well, the wall kick was never explained, maybe they just tought "Nah, we don't need this waste of space in our game."

In the Insomniac Museum it said that they wanted to implomment swimming, but got scrapped due to the new water animationsemoji. Well, the wall kick was never explained, maybe they just tought "Nah, we don't need this waste of space in our game."

When I think of Ratchet & Clank I am reminded of the HUGE variety the games have, and the replayability… before I go into depth about this I'll find another topic to post this on.

When I think of Ratchet & Clank I am reminded of the HUGE variety the games have, and the replayability… before I go into depth about this I'll find another topic to post this on.

I think some of this is because they used a new game engine for ACiT, there was lots of stuff from TOD they were going to carry over but they couldn't port from one game to the other and didn't have the programming time to rebuild the models, animation etc. (Insomniac Museum, yes I read the stuff and some of it stuck)

As for the parrot - same problem maybe? Otherwise maybe it was a feathery pest and the smuggler ditched it

That parrot looks very similar to Magnus "pets" from A4O. Did Ephemeris captured Smugler;'s parrot?

Deleted user

Ill miss him emoji

Well you had swimming in QfB, and the parrot is a bird maybe he was in a cage in the back somewhere.

Deleted user

GGGGG

GGGGG

What? lol….

Well you had swimming in QfB, and the parrot is a bird maybe he was in a cage in the back somewhere.

Yea well after QFB then. QFB was hardly any different from ToD anyway. Basically we've been three games without swimming and wall kicking.

I think some of this is because they used a new game engine for ACiT, there was lots of stuff from TOD they were going to carry over but they couldn't port from one game to the other and didn't have the programming time to rebuild the models, animation etc. (Insomniac Museum, yes I read the stuff and some of it stuck)

As for the parrot - same problem maybe? Otherwise maybe it was a feathery pest and the smuggler ditched it

A new game engine? No, even for Resistance they just modify the existing one (apparently, seems preposterous I know) however as we could all plainly see heaps of models were significantly improved, and the look of the game drastically improved. So they could easily just tweak the bird a little and throw him in, maybe even if he remained completely still, but obviously they decided to take him out either because they didn't like him (which is just crazy) or because they saw no need for him to be there, he really needs to be in actual cinematics so the camera could zoom into him while he interrupted the Smuggler and Ratchet. Clearly the smuggler is not given any special treatment in ACiT, and they probably weren't prepared to do a special camera for him.

That's just my guess, really I don't actually know, but then again no one else knows, I'm just throwing the most likely reasons out there.