Thread: sly cooper vs secret agent clank

who do you prefer sly cooper or secret agent clank when it comes to being sneaky?
here's some questions to get you started:
-Who has the better comrades?
-Who has the better gadgets?
-Who is stronger?
-Who is sneakier?

Deleted user

alight, I've only played half-way through the first game since teh collection came out, but here's my opinion so far:

I've loved teh RC characters all my life, and even though Bentley is very helpful in some parts, it seems that the gadgebots and teh helpdesk lady tend to add a bit more fun to the gameplay, mainly when you can interact and play as teh gadgebots. I think Secret Agent Clank wins on that one.

I think SAC by far. I mean, it may not be an Insomniac RC game, but it still has quite a few nifty weapons that i though were pretty fun and loved using. In Sly- is there really that many at all..? I don't remember- but I'll update this post as I play further into the game. Maybe i just haven't unlocked them. emoji

-Who is stronger?

Well, both characters- Clank and Sly- have been through alot and endured many things- seeming that Clank has been through more galactic battles and Sly has been through more life hardships,

being that his father got taken from him and the orphanage…

so it depends if you mean stronger with their body or stronger with their mind enduring sad painful experiences? because i'd have to say for battles it would be clank, and for, you know, enduring rough experiences, it would be Sly. Clank doesnt have as many life hardships with painful memories- that is maybe up until CiT or ToD, which may have caused some sort of memories, but we aren't really talking about that time period, are we?

-Who is sneakier?

That I have to go with Sly. His life revolves around stealth, while clank CAN be stealthy, but isn't like that all the time by nature. Sly has been living off of stealth while clank has been doing it for… I'll say one very short game? Sly wins in this catagory.

Remember: this is my opinion- don't hurt me. emoji

Deleted user

I got one answer for this…

Sly Cooper pawns over Secret Agent Clank.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Secret Agent Clank since Clank is one of my top favourite characters in R&C, but I believe Sly has more stealth experiences than Clank does. After all, Sly is a thief. He had to be sneaky for a really long time if he wanted to follow the same legacy as his father and his ancestors. :oui:

Deleted user
alight, I've only played half-way through the first game since teh collection came out, but here's my opinion so far:

I've loved teh RC characters all my life, and even though Bentley is very helpful in some parts, it seems that the gadgebots and teh helpdesk lady tend to add a bit more fun to the gameplay, mainly when you can interact and play as teh gadgebots. I think Secret Agent Clank wins on that one.

I think SAC by far. I mean, it may not be an Insomniac RC game, but it still has quite a few nifty weapons that i though were pretty fun and loved using. In Sly- is there really that many at all..? I don't remember- but I'll update this post as I play further into the game. Maybe i just haven't unlocked them. emoji

-Who is stronger?

Well, both characters- Clank and Sly- have been through alot and endured many things- seeming that Clank has been through more galactic battles and Sly has been through more life hardships,

so it depends if you mean stronger with their body or stronger with their mind enduring sad painful experiences? because i'd have to say for battles it would be clank, and for, you know, enduring rough experiences, it would be Sly. Clank doesnt have as many life hardships with painful memories- that is maybe up until CiT or ToD, which may have caused some sort of memories, but we aren't really talking about that time period, are we?

-Who is sneakier?

That I have to go with Sly. His life revolves around stealth, while clank CAN be stealthy, but isn't like that all the time by nature. Sly has been living off of stealth while clank has been doing it for… I'll say one very short game? Sly wins in this catagory.

In my opinion, Sly Cooper is better than Secret Agent Clank in every way. You've only played half way through Sly 1, so I don't think you should have judged it yet. Anyway, now my thoughts

-Who has better comrades

Sly Cooper. Secret Agent Clank's comrades are not relateable to and suck at fighting. Bentley is helpful at helping Sly get past puzzels, codes, and more, and in Sly 2 and Sly 3

Both Bentley and Murray are playable characters and kick***

-Who has better gadgets

I'd have to say Secret Agent Clank. Sly Cooper is not much of a gadget kinda guy, although in Sly 2 and Sly 3

Sly, Bentley and Murray all use mini-gadgets, which work really well.

, but overall Clank's are better.

-Who is stronger

Sly Cooper by far. He

defeated everyone of the Fedish Five, destroyed Clockwerk, collected every one of his parts from the Claw gang, killed Neyla, discovered the Cooper Vault, and defeated Dr. M.

Clank didn't do as much as that.

-Who is sneakier

This one is pretty obvious, Sly Cooper.

Deleted user

-Who is stronger?

-Who is sneakier?

In my opinion, Sly Cooper is better than Secret Agent Clank in every way. You've only played half way through Sly 1, so I don't think you should have judged it yet. Anyway, now my thoughts

-Who has better comrades

Sly Cooper. Secret Agent Clank's comrades are not relateable to and suck at fighting. Bentley is helpful at helping Sly get past puzzels, codes, and more, and in Sly 2 and Sly 3

Both Bentley and Murray are playable characters and kick***

-Who has better gadgets

I'd have to say Secret Agent Clank. Sly Cooper is not much of a gadget kinda guy, although in Sly 2 and Sly 3

Sly, Bentley and Murray all use mini-gadgets, which work really well.

, but overall Clank's are better.

-Who is stronger

Sly Cooper by far. He

defeated everyone of the Fedish Five, destroyed Clockwerk, collected every one of his parts from the Claw gang, killed Neyla, discovered the Cooper Vault, and defeated Dr. M.

Clank didn't do as much as that.

-Who is sneakier

This one is pretty obvious, Sly Cooper.

note that i said "SO FAR" you cant just slam me by saying I have no right to judge like that.

Okay; I've played through SAC a couple of times, and the first half the Sly 1 and the first "episode" of Sly 2. Here's what I think.

Sly:

For: The Sly games have fun gameplay, with all these "Stealth moves" which allows you to jump between pillars, or climb lamp posts or run along wires, which is really fun and really well animated, in the later games (as in NOT the first) you also get to play Bentley and Murray, each of whom have their own special abilities. Sly can pickpocket, Bentley can use poison darts to stun enemies, he also has bombs to "demolish" certain objects, and Murray can throw stuff. The characters are lovable. You have the determined thief (Sly), the clever, yet cowardly genius (Bentley), the enthusiastic "brawn" (Murray) and the slightly mad cop (Carmatella). Also, the storylines draw you in fairly well (but there's not much I can really say about the storyline, having not yet completed any of the games.

Against: There's very little to have against the Sly games, just a few minor annoyances, for instance, trying to perform a stealth move in an area in which there are multiple stealth moves that can be performed can end in Sly jumping in the wrong direction, since all the Stealth moves have the same controls (Jump and press the O button). The only other thing that annoys me is the spiders in the third episode of Sly 1, I can't stand spiders. Ever.

Secret Agent Clank:

For: The writing for SAC is a little wittier than that of the Sly games, the Sly games tried to be funny, but didn't quite manage, SAC has some jokes that, aren't great but are a little better than those in Sly. Design, Clank looks awesome in a tux.

Against: LOADING TIMES! The loading times of SAC are appalling; it can take almost a minute to load each section, whereas Sly loading times were very, very quick. Gameplay, Stealth doesn't really work when you can't pull off any sneaky moves like Sly can, the stealth in SAC just involves sloppily tring to run between spotlights and occasionally blocking laser emitters with ink.

Overall, I'd say Sly is a better series than SAC is a game.

comerads, clank
gadgets, clank.
stelth, sly,
strength, sly.

IMO I say Clank wins all of 'em. Not just because I don't like Sly, but I bileve Clank is one powerful robot in this game.