Thread: PSN is in a Hacker Siege!

Every PSN user noticed this, the PSN is down for 3 days now for "Maintenece" But Today, (When i didn't go on the Ps3 yet) I was going to the FreeRecord shop to buy a 20 Euro PSN card, the shopkeeper told me that PSN was hacked!

Here's what Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media, Patrick Seybold said:

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

Seems like PSN won't be available soon

I suppose there is the possibility that accounts are being hacked; a large hacking thing is what they're saying is happening; however, it was the servers that were supposed to have been hacked, not the individual accounts. The hackers supposedly sent out bogus information and messages such as

"To reset your account, re-enter credit card information"

By doing this, they can lead unsuspecting people into giving them their credit card details, from which point, the hackers can then use that bank account to spend other people's money. So DO NOT take notice of any suspicious messages going around on PlayStation forums at the moment.
Sony deactivated the servers to give themselves time to try to find the hackers, and also to see if any other damage had been done.

CorruptLombax; your account may or may not have been hacked; as this itself may have been a spam "notification" from the hackers who hacked the servers for the PS Network itself. But, at the moment, we just can't be sure… emoji

It isn't hacked, well at leaste not my account for sure, since its giving the same error when i try to make a new account , good thing i pay with PSN cards tough…

But who would do such a thing nodaway and not just rip the PSN CEO's Bank account?

Deleted user
It isn't hacked, well at leaste not my account for sure, since its giving the same error when i try to make a new account , good thing i pay with PSN cards tough…

But who would do such a thing nodaway and not just rip the PSN CEO's Bank account?

People who have nothing better else to do, that's what.

Did this hacking effected everyone, including members who haven't even went through the PSN such as myself?

People who have nothing better else to do, that's what.

Did this hacking effected everyone, including members who haven't even went through the PSN such as myself?

Nobody even knows what they did, or what they take

Update: (sorry for double post, just spreading the news)

Sony has been Hacked for personal detail and credit cards and are now exposed, even worse is, the encription Sony uses is one of the most secure forms, what most communities FE: Valve, PSN use, good thing not everyone is affecred, altough it can be published somewhere, PSN has recommended to watch your credit bills carefuly, and account post too.

Yeah I heard about this when my dad was watching the spanish news (good thing I know spanish) the first thing I did was put up the volume on the tv (just in case I heard wrong) then I started thinking about all the friends that I know (at school and online) who has a PSN…No one here was affected right? D:

Yep this sucks havnt been able to play online in a while but im ok with it just as long as they get it back online without anymore future problems. Also I hope this doesnt result in psn making you pay to play online like xbox live.

Well I've certainly had no inexplicable spendings on credit card; so that's good emoji

But yeah,

Yep this sucks havnt been able to play online in a while

I agree, when trying to use my PS3, I feel strangely trapped without the network; which is a bit weird… But it's not too bad! I have a lot of revision to do anyway; so the network being down is only a minor annoyance for me at the moment. I still hope it's back soon though…

Deleted user

Man, that sucks… my little bro will be so disapointed :S (He hasnt been on PSN for a while anyway) I'm so glad I never purchased anything with my credit card too… emoji but yeah, if you guys do have a PSN, just watch out for suspicious emails and the like.

Hopefully Sony is able to get it sorted and get it up and running again with improved security this time. I never actually go online on the PS3 anyway, nor have my own PSN account yet, but I'm looking forward to playing All 4 One later this year…!

luckly this will have no affect whatsoever on me. I haven't been able to go online in months anyway… And i dnon't even have a credit card. So lucky me! I don't need one anyway, got no money ya see! And at this rate it isn't looking good for me even getting A4O! And when i do i'll bet i won't be allowed online much at all (because i bet PS3s take up a mass ammount of internet usage!) so A4O won't be too fun for me :/

Deleted user

I never go online on my PS3 due to bad wireless connection. Plus I haven't submitted any credit card numbers at all through the PSN, which means I am another lucky member on the list.

Not going on the PSN at all doesn't bug me one bit just because I never play games online. In results, I'm fully used to playing offline games.

I heard about this at school not to long ago, everyone was pretty bummed.
I hope this doesn't affect my old PSN account. emoji

I never go online on my PS3 due to bad wireless connection. Plus I haven't submitted any credit card numbers at all through the PSN, which means I am another lucky member on the list.

Not going on the PSN at all doesn't bug me one bit just because I never play games online. In results, I'm fully used to playing offline games.

I have LBP2 (try playin' that offline for like 3 months) and R&C ACiT (yes a damn nice game it is! But i have completed this game like 25 times and got 100% twice… Its gettin' slightly repedative…emoji and ToD (yes same story as ACiT)… My PS2 still works fine… if i hadn't lent my games away to my friend :/ Soo i could do with a bit of time online playin' LBP2 But i can pretty much forget about it. I think our puny little T Stick is not good enough to provide internet for a PS3?

QUESTION FOR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT INTERNET USAGE:
How many Mega Bites a day does a PS3 use up? Anything above 300 is too much.
this is for about 8 and a half hours a day on PSN talking with friends and playing LBP2.

Well I'm glad that everyone here is safe. As for me, I don't have internet (except on the cellphone, which is really limited) so I don't have to worry but I am going to ask my friends at school if they are ok…