Thread: Most annoying Ratchet and Clank characters

I think that Qwark and Helga are the most annoying characters in R&C. You're probably thinking ''Why Helga?''emoji Well, all of you hate Qwark, I know that. Helga, however, from the first and the third game, was sooo annoying!!! I hated her because in the first game she yelled ALL the time to Ratchet & Clank!!! I hate her! emoji

I think that Qwark and Helga are the most annoying characters in R&C. You're probably thinking ''Why Helga?''emoji Well, all of you hate Qwark, I know that. Helga, however, from the first and the third game, was sooo annoying!!! I hated her because in the first game she yelled ALL the time to Ratchet & Clank!!! I hate her! emoji

Well Nefarious yells at R&C all the time and everyone loves him emoji

"all of you hate Qwark, I know that." emoji Why? But he's so funny, and AWESOME! (and funny)

FYI: I partly agree that Helga is annoying, the part of me that finds her not annoying likes her because she can be funny. "Perhaps you would like to meet Helga on the wrestling met hm? We'll see how cocky you are twisted up like a wet noodle!"

Deleted user

Hope I don't get flamed for this one, but I'll add Susie from All 4 One on the annoying list of characters from the R&C series. She may have been helpful, but her voice is quite excruciating. I still think Vernon from Deadlocked is the most obnoxious character from Ratchet and Clank, so I would put Susie as a runner up.

oh no, good thing that wasn't little susie!.. Oh wait, it was.

I agree actually, she bugged me. But it wasn't just the voice, it was nearly everything about her. She was just not funny, and she kinda made the game feel a bit childish at times. I have to boost her above AA because she was just one annoying little pest in A4O. emoji

Exactly! She was just a character I couldn't stand to be with for a long period of time. But on the plus side, she wasn't in every level of the game. Imagine if she was constantly with you throughout the whole game… emoji

As her Helga, it is part of her personality to be tough and blunt to other character, considering the fact that she is a fitness trainer and many fitness trainers in general do have a bold tone to them. So I'm practically the opposite on my views of Helga, but I can see where you're coming from with her yelling being over the top.

At the moment i just find one person i hate (except from qwark) and that is Mac Maceroy! he always talk really loud in the radio and have tousands of commercials but when you go to battleplex and meet him in the lobby he is talking nice an silent! so i hate him!

Hope I don't get flamed for this one, but I'll add Susie from All 4 One on the annoying list of characters from the R&C series. She may have been helpful, but her voice is quite excruciating. I still think Vernon from Deadlocked is the most obnoxious character from Ratchet and Clank, so I would put Susie as a runner up.

oh no, good thing that wasn't little susie!.. Oh wait, it was.

I agree actually, she bugged me. But it wasn't just the voice, it was nearly everything about her. She was just not funny, and she kinda made the game feel a bit childish at times. I have to boost her above AA because she was just one annoying little pest in A4O. emoji

Exactly! She was just a character I couldn't stand to be with for a long period of time. But on the plus side, she wasn't in every level of the game. Imagine if she was constantly with you throughout the whole game… emoji

As her Helga, it is part of her personality to be tough and blunt to other character, considering the fact that she is a fitness trainer and many fitness trainers in general do have a bold tone to them. So I'm practically the opposite on my views of Helga, but I can see where you're coming from with her yelling being over the top.

Oh, don't get me started on Susie!
Her voice was annoying for one thing (as has been previously mentioned by Tipsy and RatchetRuler), but she is the primary… thing throughout the entire floaty-platform area (I forget what it was called), which leads you to believe she's going to be a main character, and then you don't see her at all until quite near the end, which confused me a bit. But what REALLY annoyed me about her is that practically everything she says is to do with her clan of galactic scouts, it just get's on my nerves a it after a while;
"A galactic scout never leaves an ally behind"
"a galactic scout always focuses on the job at hand"
"a galactic scout–" NEVER SHUTS UP?!?!?!

Geinea Lombax: emoji LOL! I agree with those who believe Susie is annoying! Seeing her for the first time made me go, "…The heck? Oh boy just what we needed…some snotty little girl no one cares about." Even my sister agrees. And what's weirder is we have a Cragmite OC name Little Susie so yeah… Imagine her and Vermon getting together if they meet and-oh god…

And Nefarious! Ugh! 100% "Annoy Me to Death Screaming Machine." When I found out that he'll be part of A4O, I couldn't help but cringe in disgust, especially at the fact that he's playable. I use to like him back at UYA (still have it) since I thought he was a cool villain, but now I would groan in annoyance, especially since the fans overuse him or talk about him all the time. No offence to those who like him, I'm just stating my opinion, not to offend anyone.

Nefarious is the most annoying character in the whole series in my opinion. But not only in the games themselves, but also in Fanfiction as well. I understand that he's quite popular with fans, but the fact that the authors would use him as a main villain in many stories and almost never bother using other villains from the series is so irritating that it make me wanna jump out of a window. It's not even funny. You would think people would be a little more creative…

Deleted user

Wow, poor Susie… emoji

Well I guess I can't say I dislike her. I really don't have the heart to, and I never really found her that annoying. But that's just me emoji and I can tolerate Ace Hardlight's douchebag behavior so I guess that says something! emoji

But I agree with Vernon being annoying! Nefarious… well, I find him too funny to be annoyed by him. I can't take him seriously neither; because of that! XD But yeah, he is really overrated in fanfiction, like you said. And that is why I don't use him as a villain in my fanfiction emoji (he is only mentioned once or twice. I like to stand out from the fandom)

And you know a character I REALLY find annoying? Luna. COME ON, she was one of the worst characters ever XD! (even if she turned out to be a robot controlled by technomites, but still!)

I didn't find Vernon at all annoying, he just didn't bother me, but he wasn't really anything to me.

As for Nefarious, well he's very funny. But I can see his serious side, infact sometimes he's quite intelligent (well according to IG he is a real doctor…emoji which is what I like. But unlike Qwark or Ratchet, he gets old fast. He's been in 3 games and fans are begging to cut him from the series completely! (may be a bit of an exaggeration, but if he comes back for one more game that will be the case) But you need to look at the facts: He is Ratchet and Qwark's arch nemesis, he was funnier in ACiT than in UYA (also more insane)

So I like him, but I completely understand that it's fair enough that you guys be getting sick of him. I bet after one more game I will too (If IG do throw him in the next one that is)

Geinea Lombax: Oh how can I forget Luna! She's awful not to mention down right creepy! And yes I can see where the Nefarious case is going. I agree that he can be very funny. I do laugh at him, but these moment are very rare in my case. It had to be down right hilarious to make me laugh, like the Galatic Idol he did in Metropolis in UYA. I have limited sense of humor I guess. But yeah I really getting bored of him, and want a someone else to have a chance of being the bad guy. It can't always be about Neffy. Otherwise it'll be another Eggman, Borwser, or Ganon all over again, but in a Sci-Fi environment. Plus in Fanfiction, whenever I would read someone's story/chapter, I would predict that Nefarious will show up and 86% of the time I was right. Because of this, I scrape him off of my own stories and got someone else like Tachyon (whose also annoying) other villains from the games or my Lombax OC named Jinnarua (whose a Lombax breed called Jirdpire Lombax, I'll explain in another time) And so conculd another random rant of Good Ol' Neffy, I like him, but that's it. I'm not crazy about him some fans are. And let tell you guys, I seen some REALLY obscene Nefarious fans before, especially one in Insomiac Games community who wouldn't stop talking about how madly in love she is with him. Now if that's not messed up then I don't know what is!emoji

Deleted user

Yeah… there sure are some very creepy fans out there o_O just try to avoid those fans on DeviantART too. Trust me; it's even worse there emoji (although you wont notice anything unless you actually use the search to find fanart!)
But it's good to know that there are some fans who do more original and better fanfiction ideas out there emoji

But yeah, I find psychotic fans and their 'self-inserts' FAR more annoying than any of the canon characters emoji

But yeah, I find psychotic fans and their 'self-inserts' FAR more annoying than any of the canon characters emoji

Oh yeah, some fanfics and things like that can be quite psychotic and… creepy (I don't want to have to mention the example I'm thinking of [shudder])

And Nefarious! Ugh! 100% "Annoy Me to Death Screaming Machine." When I found out that he'll be part of A4O, I couldn't help but cringe in disgust, especially at the fact that he's playable. I use to like him back at UYA (still have it) since I thought he was a cool villain, but now I would groan in annoyance, especially since the fans overuse him or talk about him all the time. No offence to those who like him, I'm just stating my opinion, not to offend anyone.

Nefarious is the most annoying character in the whole series in my opinion. But not only in the games themselves, but also in Fanfiction as well. I understand that he's quite popular with fans, but the fact that the authors would use him as a main villain in many stories and almost never bother using other villains from the series is so irritating that it make me wanna jump out of a window. It's not even funny. You would think people would be a little more creative…

And yes, I agree that Nefarious is overused. He was alright to begin with, and it was nice to see him again in ACiT, but now he's extremely cliche'd in the series, in fact I think I heard somewhere that Insomniac Games consider him the "Main antagonist" of the series.

Not only that, but he's appeared in or had some kind of mention in EVERY Ratchet and Clank thing since his first appearance:

• R&C3: Main antagonist
  • Ratchet Deadlocked: Cameo
  • Size Matters: Appeared in the background of the Dreamtime level
  • Secret Agent Clank: mini-boss-replica-thing
  • ToD: Mentioned in announcement at battle arena
  • QfB: Cameo
  • ACiT: main villain
  • Comics: briefly mentioned by Qwark
  • A4O: Playable character

He really is overused now, Insomniac need to take a break from him…

Geinea Lombax:

@Tara Cross- Oh yes! I can see where you're going with this! If Fanfiction has a nasty habit of only using Nefarious, then no doubt Deviant Art is even worse! In fact I just found a fan-made Ratchet and Clank comic on there a couple days ago, thought it was decent, read it and guess who made a comeback? Yep Nefarious…Seriously, don't people have imagination anymore? The story was good and all but with Nefarious around…not really thrill about it. But yeah thanks for the warning. I never use that search bar anyway and only look for R&C fanfics or comics on it. And psychic fans are 10x worse than any characters in the games.

But no fan can match up to the one whose in love with Nefarious on IG community. Not only is she head over heels for that nut case, (and say something about Nefarious in every thread/sentence) but she literally dreams of him every night (and even MARRYING him!) However she does claim that Nefarious always tries to kill her in the dreams…

@Lombaxdude42- Hold on! Did you said that Insomiac now consider Nefarious as the main antagonist of the series? That's ridiculous! If anything Tachyon should be the main antagonist of the series. If it wasn't for him attacking the poor Lombaxes, the events of the games wouldn't even happen in the first place. Plus he has more ties to Ratchet's past than Nefarious would ever hope in a thousand years. Great, now the series has its own personal Eggman…emoji Just lovely…
By the way thanks for mentioning how Nefarious had a cameo/mention/apperence in the games. I already know this, but it's helpful anyway.emoji

Qwark is the most annoying in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he can be funny sometimes. It's just his attitude towards himself 98% of the time is what that makes me want to press a button and let Ratchet punch him in the face.

Qwark is the most annoying in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he can be funny sometimes. It's just his attitude towards himself 98% of the time is what that makes me want to press a button and let Ratchet punch him in the face.

Square, R1 or Circle

I heard somewhere that Insomniac Games consider him the "Main antagonist" of the series.

Yes they did say that.

Not only that, but he's appeared in or had some kind of mention in EVERY Ratchet and Clank thing since his first appearance:

• R&C3: Main antagonist
  • Ratchet Deadlocked: Cameo
  • Size Matters: Appeared in the background of the Dreamtime level
  • Secret Agent Clank: mini-boss-replica-thing
  • ToD: Mentioned in announcement at battle arena
  • QfB: Cameo
  • ACiT: main villain
  • Comics: briefly mentioned by Qwark
  • A4O: Playable character

Well now in Deadlocked it was just a little appearance for a laugh. In Size Matters it was just a picture emoji in SAC it was just a robotic replica (for fun like in Deadlocked and SAC and in ToD it was just mention of his name.

He was only REALLY in UYA, ACiT and A4O, discussion pictures and robotic suits don't really count. It's like saying Drek has been in at least 5 games (Bad guy in the first, mentioned in the second and third, in dreamtime, and apeared on a monitor on the IRIS Supercomputer)

Unfortunately he does however get old fast, he's just one of those characters that is too awesome for multiple games… well until everyone got sick of the poor guy that is…

I still enjoy Nefarious. His relationship with Lawrence is fun to watch along with his occasional circuit malfuntion. He was an okay villain in Up Your Arsenal compared to A Crack In Time where he was excellent. Unfortunately, I don't see that much more they could do with him other than making him a temporary ally again. he seems to have worn out his villain side.