Thread: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

I've seen cutscene and gameplay of the game and I'm liking it to the point that I want to get it, hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

For the beginning And ending Cutscene, they use still images. But for the rival cutscene, it’s all animated.

For some of the characters, the game was faithful to use their art style for the still images, like PaRappa. Some of the dialogs in the rival cutscene are funny.

From the looks of it, it will take a while to get use to the control.

The only beef that I have with the game so far is that they decided to add both good cole and evil cole to the roster. They’re the same person; they could have someone else to fill that spot.

Which reminds me you’ll be able to get Emmett Graves from starhawk and Kat from gravity rush for your roster. They say next year, you can these two through the download content.

Its a really cool game! Not as good as Smash Brothers though ;P

I got the game around Christmas and I'm really enjoying it, a bit more then the smash bro. series. It takes a while to learn the control, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun.

I've tried battling online and I like it, the only problem is that there are some cases that some of the online player will have their mike on and u can hear them weather you own a mike or not. (Also out of all the online battles I've had, I only won once. emoji )

All characters have their ups and downs when I've play them, but I still enjoy it.

Haven't play through arcade mode yet, want to get in a few more practice before starting that.

Arcade mode is easy. And there are three difficulties of easy to chose from: Very easy, easy, and medium.

But seriously I have played Ratchet through a few times to get the hang of it, and then I played Radec from Hillzone, and enjoyed it enough to go through each difficulty for him, and then played as Raiden from Metal Gear. I have only ever played Metal Gear Solid 1, and seen Metal Gear Solid 2, so I was a bit freaked out by Raiden's body, lol. Anyway, I played him through each difficulty as well, and I've also played as Jak, Sir Dan; though I never completed that one, I was never any good at MediEvil in the first place, it makes sense I am stink at controlling him on this. I've learned a bit from this game, like how annoying the Fat Princess and that Dante guy are. It's just Dante's attitude which bugs me. It's sort of sad that Jak and Daxter were set in that world created by High Impact, I liked Naughty Dog's J&D much better (I'm sure everyone is sick of people saying this anyway)

Some characters' rivals kind of sucked (like Jak vs Ratchet) but I liked Radec vs Dan (mainly because it suited them booth so well) and Cole vs Raiden, even know the Raiden I remember from MGS2 would not act anything like that, but I guess he has changed. At least he looks cool when he's chopping everyone up!

Some characters' rivals kind of sucked (like Jak vs Ratchet)

Why do you say it sucked? After all, they were always sort of rivals, or at least their fans were rivals of each other("Ratchet is 100 times better than Jak.", "No, Jak is much more modern game. Ratchet is just third-person shooter.", "Still, Ratchet is much more fun to play", "They are both good, but can't compare to Sly"emoji. And the Daxter's quote: "Two heads!" I can't say I couldn't stop laughing, but it was pretty fun anyway emoji Oh, and "Squirrel Boy" vs. Drake was nice.

Well Jak vs Ratchet made a lot of sense, but the cinematic showed a side to Ratchet and Jak that didn't exist, I mean why are they so pissed off at each other? That cinematic suggests that Jak and Ratchet are crazy lunatics that fight anyone and everyone who they run into. It just didn't make any sense.

I guess that the rival of Ratchet vs Jak did make sense, but of course, I rooted for Ratchet. To be honest, I am one of those people who would totally make horrible comments about Dak and Jaxter. However, I don't see the point of their Rival, since they were enemies anyways. I guess they just love to put together those obvious enemies. :P

It's just that the cinematic was a disaster.

I like Jak and Daxter just as much as Ratchet & Clank, but in this game Jak and Daxter kind of stunk, and I found Ratchet much easier to control.

I picked it up again yesterday, I need like 80 more to get Ratchet on level300.

I'm also not very good with Sly fighting style, but I REALLY REALLY want to!

I have to agree with the rival scene. In my opinion the Jak vs Ratchet scene might be either the worst or second worst rival scene in the game.

The main problem is that it wasn't Ratchet and Jak that stated the fight, but daxter and clank. Watch the scene from both side, those two (clank and daxter) did most of the talking/insulting in those cutscene. I was more of Clank and Daxter rival scene then Jak and Ratchet

I thought it was really cool. At least be glad that Ratchet and Jak were actually rivals. It could have been Ratchet vs. Fat Princess for all I knowemoji