Thread: The next ratchet and clank game should be about kaden

I actually disagree with that the next R&C Game should be about Kaden because I think that Ratchet should finally kill Dr. Nefarious once and for all

With how A4O ended, I doubt we'll be killing off Nefarious. As much as I don't like it, he's leaning towards "good guy" status.

Anyway, a game starring Kaden would be interesting. Only problem is it would have one hell of a downer ending.

True, but didn't ACiT make you cry also? emoji

True, but didn't ACiT make you cry also? emoji

Wouldn't have said it made me cry, but did kinda feel it a bit. But this would be even bigger cos you get kinda fond of main/playable characters. Plus, from a developer point of view, if you kill off the main character then how do you make a sequel if it sells well!? emoji

With how A4O ended, I doubt we'll be killing off Nefarious. As much as I don't like it, he's leaning towards "good guy" status.

Anyway, a game starring Kaden would be interesting. Only problem is it would have one hell of a downer ending.

It would? You probably haven't played the Metal Gear Solid series, but basically what they did with that series could work here. The main guy Solid Snake (Ratchet) has to kill his father Big Boss (In Ratchet & Clank this is Kaden, but obviously Ratchet doesn't kill him, Tachyon does) you play 2 games after the death of Big Boss as Snake, he's pretty much the protagonist. But then they rock out like 2 or 3 games where you play as Big Boss, knowing he's gonna die, but you kind of forget about that, and just play in the moment. Big Boss is currently the most respected character in that series.

In case you missed my point, I was suggesting that a game staring Kaden could indeed work, he lived for years before the war, and if they pull it off correctly, you can forget about how Kaden is going to die, and just play in the moment.

I would personally much rather just continue as Ratchet, maybe he can try to save the Lombaxes again? It's up to Insomniac, I just want another Ratchet game no matter what it's about. But I would rather a new original games, like FFA was.

It would definitely be very very cool if they made a game about Kaden. But to me more spesificly before Ratchet was on Veldin, and how Ratchet got on Veldin. It would be cool if you relived the exprience of The Great War between the Cragmites and the Lombaxes.

It would definitely be very very cool if they made a game about Kaden. But to me more spesificly before Ratchet was on Veldin, and how Ratchet got on Veldin. It would be cool if you relived the exprience of The Great War between the Cragmites and the Lombaxes.

I kinda think a prequel could be pretty damn awesome to in the way you state it!

But hasn't Ratchet tried twice already to kill him, ok yes after the end of A4O he turns good somehow, but if you hear his last line of the game he says 'I'm a super villain'. As much as I think it will be interesting to see Kaden, maybe Insomniac Games can include him in the game but to help Ratchet vanquish Nefarious. Also I've heard that Insomniac are thinking of another R&C game, but I don't know what it's about.

Loving this idea.

I recall that Tachyon said something about killing Ratchets father, so maybe Kaden in the past and Ratchet in the future could work together to change Kaden's future/Ratchet's past so Tachyon didn't succeed in killing Kaden.
Hopefully that makes sense emoji

It makes sense to me, but I'm eager to see Ratchet defeating Nefarious once and for all. Maybe the end mission can be defeating both Tachyon and Nefarious together.

Deleted user

But hasn't Ratchet tried twice already to kill him, ok yes after the end of A4O he turns good somehow, but if you hear his last line of the game he says 'I'm a super villain'. As much as I think it will be interesting to see Kaden, maybe Insomniac Games can include him in the game but to help Ratchet vanquish Nefarious. Also I've heard that Insomniac are thinking of another R&C game, but I don't know what it's about.

Ratchet rarely killed a villain, they're either punished or die of bad luck.

Drek ended up on his planet because his machine turned on him. The Protopet was turned into it's original state. Nefarious got stranded on an asteroid. Tachyon just fell off the asteroid. Slag and Pete ended rowing. Azimuth chose to die. The Loki Master was the only real villain Ratchet killed. Zurgo just fell off a cliff thanks to Qwark.
Deleted user

Yeah that'd be cool,im in the mood for another series,i'd say if there is a new series it'll be kicked off on the PS4

Maybe…

What if Kaden actually contacted Ratchet in the present and thorough the game Ratchet with the help of the Great Clock (and Orvus emoji ) will set up the past so Tachyon would think he killed Kaden, but Kaden escaped and didn't turn up much ever since emoji

Since it already happened as Ratchet set it up, it'll be normal universe, no alternate timeline (although one big time paradox emoji ).