Thread: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Currently I play a mobile game called WW2 Sandbox Strategy & Tactics. It's a quite good game. You don't have to care about history, because the title says it all. The course of the war is on your hands. It has random events, like partisan uprisings and sabotage in industrial cities. And also, other countries can change sides (sadly, players can't change sides emoji ), so for example, if you play as the UK, you might end up warring with France in case they suddenly change sides to the Axis. In my opinion, it's worth the money emoji

I am playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD (PS3), and Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (PS2). But I think my time is up with Rayman 3 because now I have all the teensies and I have no desire to continue doing anymore bonus stuff.

Deleted user

I enjoyed MGS5, however you could see the problems between Kojima and Konami reflect in the final game. The Gameplay is really fun and probably the game's strongest feature, just the story had its problems.

I think there are two ways of looking at it.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Spoilers

There is the idea that this is a Metal Gear Solid 2 type game, in that it's characters are made to be weak shadows of their past selves. Raiden was what Kojima thought would be a good idealisation of the player, only to have him in the end decide to be his own character (throwing away the players name). This is done better in MGSV, as we have lived the life of Naked Snake through all these games, we are in our own way a part of him. To split us away and make us look at Big Boss as a different character, they create a Phantom Big Boss that is us. We are Big Boss, but we are no longer THE Big Boss. That is a character who will be defeated by us in the future, as Solid Snake.

Deep stuff.

The other way of looking at it is that the characters are just not developed well enough, and the story doesn';t sem as refined an finished as a result of a time restriction… but then how is it that the gameplay holds up so well? Well by Metal Gear standards, not even this is true!

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Spoilers

The finale in this game is quite bad. The final boss is a repeat of the final boss of chapter 1, and if there is one thing Metal Gear games can normally do, it is a finale. But maybe that isn't so bad? I mean, this isn't supposed to be a finale, this is supposed to be a beginning. The beginning of a really massive era.

Also, I noticed you are new. Welcome!

Deleted user

Thank You. I agree with most of your points. The probably I had with it was that you could tell the troubles between Kojima and Konami clearly affected the story. Everything else in the game was top notch.

Well that is a way of putting it simply. But now that I have gotten far beyond the end of the game, I find it always enticing me back in to get the better weapons, in the hopes I might be able to be a more confident FOB invader for the secret Anti-Nuke ending. But having put over 300 hours into the game now, I can say me search for S soldiers, material containers, and tanks is getting very tiresome.

Maybe it's because it's my first Legend of Zelda game in a long time, but I'm actually enjoying my first play-through of Twilight Princess. I know this game gets a lot of flak from the fans, but I'm having trouble seeing why. Sure, it leans on Ocarina of Time like its got no legs of its own, but it's not an outright clone, and, when it stands on its own, it stands well enough.

The characters are charming, the music has its moments, it's darker than MM somehow, and some of the items you get are surprisingly fun(Spinner). My one complaint would be Wolf Link. Wolves are cool, sure, but, man, does he slow down the game. Fighting with him is a chore as well since he's clunkier and weaker than Normal Link and has to rely so heavily on Midna. All in all, though, I totally dig this game. Would dig it more if it had better Wolf segments.

I think that right now, all sensible people should be playing the original Ratchet & Clank game(s) in anticipation for the release of the upcoming game. I will be doing this soon.

@Dinoboo

I'm not big into Zelda, but I've always had a soft spot for TP. I love the design, the music and the characters. Definitel getting the Wii U version some time. Anything is better than swinging a mote around and the Cube version is too expensiveemoji

They released the first Ty the Tasmanian Tiger game on Steam, and I didn't even know about it.
…My entire weekend is now Australian.

@HeatherGrace
The price can't be that bad.
*checks Amazon*
NEVER MIND.

The first Ty the Tasmanian Tiger on Steam?! WHERE CAN I BUY A JOYSTICK AND A BOOMERANG?! That's my childhood game! Maybe I'd buy it once I got a joystick for PC.

Heads up, though. The game is in Early Access, but that's not a bad thing in this case; it plays exactly like the original. Heck, it runs and looks better than the original.

They released the first Ty the Tasmanian Tiger game on Steam, and I didn't even know about it.
…My entire weekend is now Australian.

@HeatherGrace
The price can't be that bad.
*checks Amazon*
NEVER MIND.

I don't know what Amazon says, but €40 is the absulute minimum from a re-seller or retailer. And for that price I might as well get the upgrade since you play with gamepad ^^

I'm playing not 1, not 2, but 3 games! Which, for my doing, is very unusual.

Ratchet & Clank '16
User image

StarFox: Zero
User image

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
User image

Got 9,5 hours into StarFox: Zero now. This game has got the same insane replayablity as all the other titles! My favorite franchise is back, babeh!

@HeatherGrace

For Starfox Zero, were the controls as difficult to master as the reviewers said they were? That's one of the reasons I haven't bought the game yet. And with how much replayability that the game has, do you think the current price is fair, or is it better to wait and see if this game ever gets cheaper?