Thread: Should we have to be forced to use only the Heli-Pack to tra

I was playing ToD earlier, and thanks to that now I know why I dislike the Thruster-Pack.
There's a little trick I like to use in combat which requires me to high-jump and then start gliding and shooting at the same time. With the Thruster-Pack's velocity this is near impossible to pull off.
Hope this doesn't become a problem in ItN.

Why not just side-flip? Simply jumping about like one of those people from the matrix does the trick from my experiences. I have a trick I like to do with the thruster-pack where I boost across the battlefield as the slow enemies and bullets fail to catch up to me.

Of course your tactic sounds good, but Ratchet would just be going to slow, wouldn't he? It would work against Drophyds, but it might not work against craggies, and they are the only enemies where you really need to employ some sort of tactic other than just jump everywhere but off the ledge.

Hey Some people can use Thruster-Pack and are good at it, and their are others that just like the Heli-Pack, but it shows its a choice and that they are distinctly different and is it right to make someone use one over the other after they have come accustomed to one over the years

It is true, that if you gt used to the heli-pack you are going to do better with that.

I adapted with both, I've probably used both equally (Heli for the first half of my time with R&C, thruster for the second half) so i can use them both to their best performance. The fact that I find the thruster more useful for speedrunning, and getting out of the way of barrages of bullets doesn't mean that the heli-pack is bad and anyone that uses it sucks.

I prefer the helipack to be honest so i'm not too annoyed about it.

The Heli-Pak was a great method of travel in the first R&C games but it started to fail in the PS3 versions of the games, We should not be forced to use the heli-pak… We should be able to use the Thruster-Pak.

Again I don't think we should be forced to use either one over the other, but what I do strongly believe is that we should always have the option to choose for ourselves which one we want to use throughout a game?