Thread: Really Random thread

I think he meant Daxter as a character, not a game…

I think he meant Daxter as a character, not a game…

Exactly.

So…I was watching the cutscenes from RD to refresh my memory when this happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFKaVPnIeg#t=552
Seriously, the HD collection has so MANY animation bugs…
I'm so glad I didn't bought it… (plus I still have the original games and my old still working PS2)

I'm so glad I didn't bought it… (plus I still have the original games and my old still working PS2)

Actually, Trilogy and DL were ported separately. Trilogy is not clear of some bugs (like Ratchet's helmet being too big), but it's no near the catastrophy that Deadlocked HD is!

Actually, Trilogy and DL were ported separately. Trilogy is not clear of some bugs (like Ratchet's helmet being too big), but it's no near the catastrophy that Deadlocked HD is!

Yeah, I wasn't talking only about RD (that part was just the most outrageous of them…emoji. I checked out the others as well… and there are some noticeable problems. For example, a lot of overlap in the animation, and sometimes you can't see the characters pupils, especially for Qwark.

Still, despite these animation bugs the trilogy is good enough. Still better than connecting PS2 to the HD TV if you ask me…

If you live in Europe you should totally get them.
The PS2 versions run at 50FPS due to the refusal to distribute 60HDz or higher TVs at the time.
Believe me, the 60FPS feel SO good.

The PS2 versions run at 50FPS due to the refusal to distribute 60HDz or higher TVs at the time.

Really?! Well, I might consider buying them in the near future…

Really?! Well, I might consider buying them in the near future…

I agree, but don't buy Deadlocked, it's pretty glitchy.

The only reason I brought them was so that I could play them on my PS Vita.

I still use my PS2 to play games like Rayman 3, Killzone, The Simpsons and the 6 PS2 Ratchet & Clank games. The PS3 version of Ratchet & Clank are pretty bad, and in about 5 years time It is going to be hard for me to chose PS3 over PS2 for the original 4 games.

I'll chose the PS Vita R&C Trilogy over the PS2 and PS3 any day though, simply for convenience.

The only reason I brought them was so that I could play them on my PS Vita.

I still use my PS2 to play games like Rayman 3, Killzone, The Simpsons and the 6 PS2 Ratchet & Clank games. The PS3 version of Ratchet & Clank are pretty bad, and in about 5 years time It is going to be hard for me to chose PS3 over PS2 for the original 4 games.

I'll chose the PS Vita R&C Trilogy over the PS2 and PS3 any day though, simply for convenience.

But the PS Vita Trilogy is worse!

On the PS2 they all work exactly as intended. The only reason you would prefer to play them on PS3 is for the trophies and slight increase in quality (the PS2 games look and run fine on my full HD TV, in fact the PS3 games had way more framerate drops than the PS2 ones).

So why should I play them on PS3 in 5 years from now? I on't know.

But if I could play the original 3 Ratchet & Clank games wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted on my nice little PS Vita I would totally do it! I mean setting up and playing my PlayStation home consoles is a real pain, as I need my TV, some time, to be at home and no one else using the systems. But with my Vita I just need to make sure i'm somewhere out of direct sunlight and not wet and I'm good to go!

I platinumed all the PS Vita R&C games in a week, but it took almost half a year to platinum them on PS3!

The eagle has landed.
I'm home.

The eagle has landed.
I'm home.

Where have you been?

So why should I play them on PS3 in 5 years from now? I don't know.

My guess would be a bigger screen.